Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2013 10:57am

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tapout XT mma workout vs Rushfit - and beating hunger cravings

Im 5'7 and I weigh about 230lbs. Recently after a 6 year hiatus, I've returned to the world of martial arts by taking up escrima. Where I train they also offer an mma class so I decided to join in. The warm up which consisted of jogging, jumping jacks, running towards cones in a zig zag pattern and some stretching which completely winded me. Hitting the focus pads, the bag work, annihilated me. What I want is to get my cardiovascular endurance up because it's pathetic and would one day like to compete. I also need to lose a lot weight.
    On YouTube I stumbled upon 2 workouts that look interesting

Tapout XT

Rushfit

Anyone have any experience with these particular workouts? Im looking for pros/cons and if you have something better to suggest. Im on a budget So I would prefer something I can do at home.

The second thing I would like to talk about is diet. I know what to eat, what not to eat and how much. My problem is that I am unable to control the urge to eat. If there is food within reach I will eat until there is none left. I've tried to control my portions but I get withdrawal symptoms. Anyone have any advice on how to control these cravings?

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 1:19am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw Tapout XT's facebook page. They had a thread asking people what their "tapout name" was. Mine was "A Boot Stamping On A Human Face...Forever".

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 10:50am

Style: bjj/judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not strongly recommend Tapout XT. When I worked at Job Corps for a fitness group we alternated between Insanity and Tapout and just found it wasn't as good of a workout, and really the only negatives I've seen regarding rushfit is that GSP is a corny ************.

Obviously doing something is better than nothing, but the dvds are expensive. I would check in your school to see if anyone wants to get a cardio group going, and just refer to youtube for exercise/calisthenics ideas. Or you could get a couple of people to share the cost and get the dvds yourselves to split the cost. Really all you're lacking is structure, if you have the motivation.

Food psychology is a tough thing. You might be successful by trying to actively find a replacement activity that takes the place of your snacking, or it might come down to keeping only healthy snacks in your home.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 3:14pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just find an MP3 of the Bas Rutten work outs. They are pretty ridiculously good.

As far a diet goes: can't help you there, I am trying to put ON weight.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 3:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A style of diet I've recently been having success with is having a small breakfast, usually yoghurt and some fruit, some nuts and fruit during the day, and one big high protein meal about 3-4pm. This does a couple of things- having a plan is quite helpful, it's like the difference between just going to the gym and randomly pushing weights, and keeping a weight routine going. A high protein diet also helps you feel more full. My schedule on a regular day might look like this-
    Early am- coffee, yoghurt and grapes
    Kickboxing bag work
    Banana
    Midday- weights
    Afternoon- big dinner. So usually salad, mix of Vegas, tomato, and a lot of steak/fish/chicken
    Evening- kickboxing
    Through the day I'll have lots of water and Brazil nuts and grapes.

I've used this diet myself and on clients with a good amount of success. Simple, enough energy to get through workouts, pretty low on **** like bread and pasta (every now and then I'll have some spaghetti. And the beer. **** me I'm Irish so whatever)

As far as fitness goes for now I would recommend you just worry about going to as many classes as you can.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 8:23am

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I've used this diet myself and on clients with a good amount of success.
    Thanks for the advice alex and everyone else, when you say that you used it on clients does this mean that you're a nutritionist or maybe a personal trainer?

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/27/2013 1:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    personal trainer. i dont do a lot of nutrition stuff with my clients, if they have serious problems ill refer them on, but theres always basic **** you can do to clean it up