Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

First Muay Thai fight. New good advice.

So I signed up for the TBA tournament. It's just so happens to be my first fight. I've been training for 3 months by a instructor who makes champions and I trust his word when he tells me I'm ready. I need to drop 10 pounds in 4 months, and is there any way I can gain an edge against an opponent who's more exspirenced than me? Thank you, appreciate any feedback.

Style
    Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    So I signed up for the TBA tournament. It's just so happens to be my first fight. I've been training for 3 months by a instructor who makes champions and I trust his word when he tells me I'm ready. I need to drop 10 pounds in 4 months, and is there any way I can gain an edge against an opponent who's more exspirenced than me? Thank you, appreciate any feedback.
    Good luck! be sure you are as fit as you can be. Spar with veterans, and tell them you are preparing for a fight, this way you might get more training from them.
    The fact that someone is more experienced doesn't mean he is better. So try and spar those that give you hell, that is the best preparation IMO.

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Train hard, Fight easy.

Look to take the positives from the experience, win, loose or draw. You will become a better fighter through experience.

Trust your instructor and your corner team and I wish you every success.

Oh and welcome to the site
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Biggest complaint I hear of a first fight is that people wish they were fitter.
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts