225340 Bullies, 3930 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/21/2013 2:25pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Whatever world your (or anyone's kids) are left with doesn't matter a bit eh? Fuckem, amirite?

Wouldn't want to let anything harsh your mellow. Fuckin hippie :)
    Well, other people's kids I don't care about. So, yeah **** em. I've said this many times here and am always surprised to continually hear that question. I do realize my kids live in the same world with other kids. If other kids in their general locale are suffering, then mine probably are too, so that's something to take into account.

But no, I definitely don't care about what happens to all the little children, all the little children of the world... red, yellow, black and white......you know the song. My concerns aren't nearly that worldly. African kids, South American kids, etc. have been starving forever and they'll continue to do so just fine on their own without my involvement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2013 2:37pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    An international court in Malasia, five judges who've held various prestigious judicial positions in Malaysia, the U.K. and the U.S. found Cheney/Bush and Co guilty of conspiracy to commit torture. The results of the tribunal were sent to the Chief Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court, Hague, as well as the United Nations and the Security Council. And you can bet your sweet ass Cheney and Co. are watching this one!
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ony-Blair.html

You're "tribunal" was symbolic and without legal standing.

I understand that you oppose these military actions, the politicians that authorized them and the "corporate backers" who you believe are behind the politicians.

Don't buy products from the "evil corporations", don't vote for any politician who has backed what you disagree with, and don't waste more time convincing people here of the evils of America.

Try spending your time and energies running for office yourself. Change the problem yourself and quit whining about it here.

Posted On:
    3/21/2013 10:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    ...don't vote for any politician who has backed what you disagree with, and don't waste more time convincing people here of the evils of America.
    A few points here:

1) As long as electoral-college-type systems are in place, politicians may well end up wielding power even if the majority of voters did not want them to.

2) Majority or not, citizens are often compelled to bankroll measures they did not vote for, or face tax-evasion charges. If one of those measures is a military offensive, even some sort of federal-level tax-revolt (not sure if that's ever been done) or a Nam-style prolonged public protest would not likely have been successful in stopping damage before it was too late. It can be argued that such situations (I do not refer here to immediate emergency responses to an attack on home soil) are fundamentally undemocratic in nature.

3) On the "evils-of-America" comment, every citizen likely has views (which he has every right to express, just as you have every right to disagree) on what he considers "good" or "evil" about his country. Few people, anywhere, consider their nation 100% perfect--nothing remarkable there, as nations are made up of people, and last I checked, the observation that nobody's perfect has never been refuted.

4) A forum such as this one thrives on debate. Expressing an opinion is, therefore, anything but a "waste of time"--whether you agree with that view or not. Join in and (dis)agree if you wish, but there's little point in telling anyone not to present his views in the first place.

Try spending your time and energies running for office yourself. Change the problem yourself and quit whining about it here.
    False dichotomy. Whether I agree with Pat's views or not, he has a perfect right to express on forums such as this one. He can also attempt to run for office if he wishes. One does not preclude the other.
    Last edited by Vieux Normand; 3/21/2013 10:23pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2013 10:40pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    A few points here:

1) As long as electoral-college-type systems are in place, politicians may well end up wielding power even if the majority of voters did not want them to.

2) Majority or not, citizens are often compelled to bankroll measures they did not vote for, or face tax-evasion charges. If one of those measures is a military offensive, even some sort of federal-level tax-revolt (not sure if that's ever been done) or a Nam-style prolonged public protest would not likely have been successful in stopping damage before it was too late. It can be argued that such situations (I do not refer here to immediate emergency responses to an attack on home soil) are fundamentally undemocratic in nature.

3) On the "evils-of-America" comment, every citizen likely has views (which he has every right to express, just as you have every right to disagree) on what he considers "good" or "evil" about his country. Few people, anywhere, consider their nation 100% perfect--nothing remarkable there, as nations are made up of people, and last I checked, the observation that nobody's perfect has never been refuted.

4) A forum such as this one thrives on debate. Expressing an opinion is, therefore, anything but a "waste of time"--whether you agree with that view or not. Join in and (dis)agree if you wish, but there's little point in telling anyone not to present his views in the first place.

False dichotomy. Whether I agree with Pat's views or not, he has a perfect right to express on forums such as this one. He can also attempt to run for office if he wishes. One does not preclude the other.
    You know, Vieux Normand, you are correct. He does have a right to his opinions and a right to state them. I did react stronger than I like. For that, patfromlogan, I apologize.

I was just annoyed at reading another of the three topics that patfromlogan posted in three days ("He Saved Many Now He's Home" on 03/17, "10th Anniversary" on 03/19 and "Anyone Thinking of Enlisting Should Read This" on 03/20).

He expressed his opinions, multiple times in multiple ways, and I did mine as well... once. But I did go a bit overboard.

:)

Posted On:
    3/22/2013 2:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I've said this many times here and am always surprised to continually hear that question.
    Why would that surprise you? Not everyone has Ayn Rand tats on their buttocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I do realize my kids live in the same world with other kids. If other kids in their general locale are suffering, then mine probably are too, so that's something to take into account.
    That's a pretty early-in-life revelation for many people. Aren't you kinda old?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123