--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Masters (Miami)

I don't know how the rankings came up default like that but here are my actual rankings:

Aliveness: 8

Equipment: 7

Gym size: 8

Atmosphere/Attitude: 8

Striking Instruction: 9

Grappling Instruction: 9

Weapons Instruction: 5

Fitmap is on a mission to unite the fitness community of South Florida. We have been testing various gyms, studios, and venues across the city. I recently joined MMA Masters and it is a great gym! I have blogged and written up on my experience more broadly so please feel free to check out the link:

http://www.fitmap.com/mma-masters/

I'm new to Bullshido posting but have been reading for a while and it's a great site. After my experience at so many facilities, I surely have a lot to post and read on this site.

Looking forward to more to come!
    Last edited by Fitmap; 3/22/2013 9:15am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any other good martial arts studios in Miami or South Florida area?
    Last edited by Fitmap; 3/22/2013 9:11am at .

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA MASTERS, MIAMI FL

Hi Bullshido,

I've been following this site for a while but I am just now getting around to posting material. You see, Fitmap has been on a recent mission to unite the fitness community of South Florida. In doing so, we've been testing out gyms, facilities, and studios on a nightly basis. So believe me when I say my rating of my gym, MMA Masters, holds some weight.

I have done a more thorough write up on my blog about MMA Masters. Feel free to check out the direct link:

http://www.fitmap.com/mma-masters/

This is a great site with a lot of information and a great following. I look forward to more reading and posting to come!

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi Fitmap, there is a thread listed at the top of this forum that addresses you by your username and asks that you read it before posting in this section.

Here is a link to that thread: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69465

Please read it and tell me if you want to write a review based on the guidelines listed in the thread and post it here, or if you would prefer me to move this thread to the Newbietown forum where it could stand as is.

Thanks and welcome to Bullshido.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please move it, and I would like the link. I did try to post according to the guidlines and will try again in the future. Thanks!

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitmap View Post
    Please move it, and I would like the link. I did try to post according to the guidlines and will try again in the future. Thanks!
    You didn't explain any of your ratings. The explanations are generally more helpful to potential students than just numbers. But to break things down, you said:
    Aliveness 8: this means Hard contact with reasonable safety gear and/or limited to one range of fighting (standup/grappling).

Equipment 7: Respectable equipment, somewhat worn.

Gym Size 8: Plenty of room to roll/spar without tripping over people

Atmosphere/attitude 9: Open, supportive but challenging, bizarro hippy ass-beating love fest.

Striking instruction 9: Pressure-tested, full range striking and proven success in limited restriction, top level competitions or high level self defense situations.

Grappling instruction 9: Pressure-tested, full range grappling and proven success in limited restriction, top level competitions or high level self defense situations.

Weapons instruction 5: Light continuous alive sparring (negligible pain/risk).

Would you say that's accurate?