Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 2:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Manipulation by media

Here's some images from the recent anti GMO, anti Monsanto rallies and marches here in Hawaii (and Kelly 'cause he's too cool). Guess which one was used by the Honolulu Star Advertiser? Imagine which picture would insure the least credence to the movement, look for the one that would offend the most people, the one that would make people think it's a bunch of crazies. Fucking owners.

This reminds me of the enormous Vietnam peace march and rally in San Francisco in 1969. At every intersection there was a policeman and over and over I heard them saying things like, I'm with you, or if I wasn't on duty, I'd be marching! Having seen 300,000 people in a Soviet/US track meet, I though this crowd that gathered at the Polo Fields in Golden Gate Park was well over a half million. The San Francisco Chronicle the next morning estimated the crowd at 90,000 and ran a picture of a radical looking long hair pointing a finger at a policeman, with the caption, VIOLENCE AT PEACE RALLY.
    Surf champ Kelly Slater:

"Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 8:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok so can I play?? I think it's the third one from the bottom with the prom looking girls. Did I win?? Now seriously you're not trying to say that the media would in anyway manipulate the people are you?? I just find that hard to believe.

By the way what's GMO and Monsanto??

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 8:39pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    goddam, it's the hippie they put on the article - Paul's his name and according to my nephew a real nice guy, but the comments online are all over the weird hippie, so they got the reaction they wanted.

https://www.facebook.com/Save.Hawai....nsanto?fref=ts
    http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/f...monsanto200805

The threat of GMO is gene pollution cross varieties and species. Also the use of Bt, a bacteria organic powder used by organic farmers to control cabbage worm and other pests will end as Monsanto now breeds Bt into plants and before long insects will evolve enough that Bt powder will now longer work. And using Roundup tolerant plants increases herbicide use and Monsanto is out to control the world's seed supply, and they are mother fuckers.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2013 12:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Online they talk about both sides of his sign and what a freak his is and all that. Here's a letter I just sent the Star Advertiser:

I see on your paper, a picture of Paul Izak, a long haired hippie type, appearing to yell, as the lead image for the article 'GMO-label bill faulty, state says.'

Would it be possible for the Star Advertiser to find a picture that would give less credence to the Anti-GMO movement. While my nephew from Kailua told me that Paul is a great guy, somehow I think using his picture shows this movement as representing wild looking hippie haoles.

Being involved myself I have been very impressed with the leadership and involvement of Native Hawaiians. Here in Hilo long time Hawaiian activist Walter Ritte, Hilo's own Kea Kapahua, and Hawaiian pro surfer Dustin Barca helped organize and lead the march. Lots of locals, lots of peaceful, powerful image of family, aloha and Native Hawaiian leadership and if anyone wishes to see good pictures go to the Hawaii GMO Justice Coalition or Walter Ritte pages on facebook. Because you probably will not see these images in this newspaper.