--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    OP

If you like beer and junk food then Systema is for you

Look. It comes with its own range of lunch boxes

LOL, well, at risk of derail......

Nerd fact of the day,

It's spelled wrong, but, supposedly translating the English language is subjective, and there's no supposed way of spelling things, because, we have no "committee" to decide, rather that some random dude writing dictionaries that certain college's accept.

Courtesy of "Cracked". ROFLOL

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 5:46pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 6:05pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was gonna say things but then JNP said the things before I could say the things.

Also OP, are your saddlebags really chapped because your instructor lost to one of the most dominant fighters of early MMA?

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 6:10pm

Style: Kickboxin & Shootfightin

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Your brain doesn't need a warmup before working. It works all the time, and its a blob of jelly so its not like there's something you could pull or strain. Your body, however, is like an old car and needs some warmup to avoid injury and prepare oneself for rigorous grappling. You wouldn't be the first person to abandon warmups as useless pain-time to later go back to them after injury(/ies).
    Just want to add a point here. Your brain doesn't just werk all the time at the same effectiveness. The more exhausted you are,the more physically stressed you are, then the less effective are your brains processing (?) abilities. Your ability to concentrate, and i would say your ability to learn, are definately impacted by how tired you are. When i was in the army they would run us into the ground and then sit us down for exam type testing as an exercise in using our brains while tired, (and there was always a noticeable difference between rested body and tired body results).

Where i've trained,the process for the MMA type classes was a reasonably light warmup/ stretch, (the advanced guys would sometimes lightly roll before class, with the belief that that was the best way to stretch/warmup the muscles you were going to be using). The class would then move onto instruction phase. Repping the move over and over, then correction and some common errors guys were making. Then some very restricted type of sparring for all, and then at the end,or after the main class the non-noobs would spar.
    Last edited by KiwiPhil889; 3/19/2013 6:14pm at .

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't mind a light warm up to you know warm up. What I fucking hate is in class conditioning. I can do the heavy conditioning on my own god damn time (not very likely to but hey if it where important to me I would do it). Let not forget to mention that typically the best way to condition yourself for doing something is simply to do it so if you spend more time rolling and less time running around in stupid circles your likely to see faster results.

My favorite way to warm up nice light technical rolling. **** all this running around in little circles and doing line drills.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 6:26pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High intensity solo exercises can and should be done solo, but partner work is something you can only do when someone else is there, so prioritize time accordingly. That's my approach anyway.

I have my own little garage gym/dojo with freeweights, a heavy bag and some mats. When a training partner stops by, though, we're either doing interactive drills or doing fit ins/other drills that utilize your partner as the apparatus (for example, we work entering and lifting with fireman's carry or single leg or whatever, lift them off the ground, and put them back). Since these are lifting a person though, they're not good as warm ups.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 6:37pm

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think anyone seriously expects a brand new person in off the street to keep up with the folks who've been training regularly for months or longer.

My first day we had a ton of different crunches we did, 50 of each. So day 1 I probably did 20 of each, and I just kept working up til I was doing the full work out.

On shrimps and upa's specifically, those are the 2 most basic movements in bjj, most techniques are either started, ended, or otherwise utilize these movements or a variation of these movements, so it makes sense to drill them over and over.

That said, these days I skip the warm up, lol

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 6:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore View Post
    Are you out of your mind Tranquil. He lives in New Zealand. Who the hell wants to go there? What and see the hill where they filmed lord of the rings, **** that. Also he's starts with his crappy haircut and douchey manner of addressing strangers that he doesn't agree with or care for. this ****. so he's really the challenger. there's a way to respond and criticize without coming off full douche and Alex doesn't have that nuance yet.

Anyways, since your the boss. I will (not working around spikes schedule cuz he's flying coach) find a cheap ticket for some months from now and pay for it, he can foot his own hotel bill and he's coming here. No one wants to do this in New Zealand...... Only problem with that is he could troll me, make me pay for the flight and then not get on the plain.... And I don't trust his willingness here. I'll tell you what, let's make it NZ. I'm down, set it up. I'll figure out money some how. why the hell nz though, couldn't you live in Brazil or China or something, even Chicago would be better....
    i cant hear you over the sound and smell of your rusty vagina creaking its gears

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 8:22pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I only did Kyokushin for a month and half, and each and every class they worked my tubby ass so hard I was pretty sure my entire cardiovascular system was going to shoot right out my fucking neck and go on vacation to Thailand before having us move on to drills and sparring, and you know what? In that month and a half they completely reformed my Shorin-ryu doing ass to such a point that, when I joined Enshin, the ex-Kyokushin blackbelt thought I was lying when I claimed to not have any rank in Kyokushin.

I might just be an atypical case or a dumbass spouting anecdotal bullshit, but it seems that if I learn how to do something correctly when I can barely even stand up, it's significantly easier to do it right when I'm not half dead.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 8:36pm

Style: Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's better to spar when you are tired, because you are more relaxed. It's when assholes go hog-wild and don't know WTF they are doing people get hurt. At least for beginners.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast