Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:03pm

Style: Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    alex: One more lip from you and you can bring you lightweight version of Muay Thai out here to meet me dick. I'll fight you any time, any day, no gloves needed. I ain't paying your hospital bills or facing legal troubles for it so your signing a waiver. Set it up fucker! no joke. how's that for whiney bitchiness?

I'm not paying your flight to thailand/Laos though, i'm a broke as ************. you get the scratch together for your flight here ok...

That's twice now your just stupid and rude without any insight added. Book your plane ticket a-hole

edit; and bring a video camera

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get what you are saying. It sucks but most places do it that way. Judo has you doing a bunch of break falls, wrestling has you doing a **** load of penetration steps and sprawls, and MMA places do the same thing.

It would be nice to go in there, get the real stuff, and then leave. We have some no-gi places here locally that allow you to go in and roll on open mat days, but that the closest you can find. And most of them require you to train there at least one regular day before you can do open mat. You may want to look into that.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    The reason that warm ups are typically done first in BJJ is that instructors believe it helps remove the strength variable from the learning curve. This is believed to be especially true for stronger students.

You can't cheat technique by using strength if you're too exhausted to utilize it.

That's the prevailing attitude anyway.

You know if you go to class on a regular basis, those warm ups will become easy enough that you will no longer be so exhausted, right?
    That makes sense. I was surprised at BJJ/MMA training how much (40 min) of really hard conditioning started class.

But I'd take the other side of this. While we did (somewhat odd old fashioned) warmups, my Kyokushin sensei told class we didn't have time for running and pushups, so run and lift on your own. And the Hawaiian Kempo in Honolulu used striking, shrimping and partnered reversals/sweeps as warmups, which I thought was clever.

I've always felt that I'd rather train martial arts in class rather than condition and most good schools train plenty hard - if I'm not sweating (as a sr black belt in class in related arts) I go to the instructor after class and suggest we sweat more - I do not say this in arts I suck at like Kendo or BJJ, but then I kept gassing out in BJJ so it wasn't much of an issue.

The best for getting in shape was Kyokushin where we'd do 3/4th aerobic and 1/4 anaerobic - sensei planned the workout as a fitness exercise and fitted the marital aspects around the fitness goals. And most of us took his advice and ran - some lsd, some interval; I remember one brown saying at least do two miles at a decent pace two or three times a week for basic fitness/tone.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:23pm

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jettatore, you merely didn't pick up on alex's hidden text. Allow me:

1) Stop being fat.
    2) Stop smoking.
    3) More importantly, stop smoking cock.
    4) Stop sucking (in general, not just cock).
    5) Stop whining.
    6) Stop being you. If at all possible adopt a new personality. Maybe some psychiatric evaluations would help with this.
    7) Stop allowing Thai lady-boys to dump their love in your ass after you've had one too many (virgin) Mai Tais.

I hope you find this to be helpful :)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:35pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    """Jettatore, you merely didn't pick up on alex's hidden text. Allow me:

1) Stop being fat. """ (beer is delicious)
    """2) Stop smoking. """(I do not value life enough to care any more)
    3""") More importantly, stop smoking cock. """ (but I like the occasional cock (occasional) even though I'm not as flexible as I was when I was younger and can't suck my own dick any more...... seriously what's wrong with sucking a little cock)
    4) """Stop sucking (in general, not just cock). """(jesus, what the hell is with you and cock sucking, it's just a thing dude, relax)
    """5) Stop whining. """"(I'm venting)
    6) Stop be""""ing you. If at all possible adopt a new personality. Maybe some psychiatric evaluations would help with this.""" (it's been tried a few times....)
    7""") Stop allowing Thai lady-boys to dump their love in your ass after you've had one too many (virgin) Mai Tais."""" (no, and now I know you just stupid, why do you think I came out this way in the firstplace dumbass? It wasn't cuz I loved the States so much....)

""I hope you find this to be helpful :) """(no it was completely useless)[/QUOTE]

extra characters required.... I thumbs-ed up all the good responses in the thread so far, thanks for those.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:38pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you can't do the dance while exausted you'll be at a major dissadvantage when you run out of gas in a fight. Technique tends to go rioght out the window when gased if you don't train for it. That's been my experience anyways.

Not to mention it's basic conditioning which is kind of a never ending journey of pushing your limits and ultimately raising them over time. If you're all tuckered out after just a warmup then you are at the beggining of this journey.

Finally, it's not supposed to be "easy". That's why they call it "working" out. Someone said something about "pain being weakness leaving the body" or something, but that may have been in regards to prison sex... ...I dunno...

Anyways, tough it out. Fight until failure, get up and fight again. That's all you need to do. As long as you put forth the effort you will achieve gains and make progress. It's a lifetime journey of self improvement and learning. If your lifestyle is hindering your martial progress you need to make a personal choice between indugence and discipline. If BJJ is trully important to you it will be worth skipping some beers for.

Get after it, bro!
    Last edited by Mr. Machette; 3/19/2013 3:42pm at .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:40pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore View Post
    alex: One more lip from you and you can bring you lightweight version of Muay Thai out here to meet me dick. I'll fight you any time, any day, no gloves needed. I ain't paying your hospital bills or facing legal troubles for it so your signing a waiver. Set it up fucker! no joke. how's that for whiney bitchiness?

I'm not paying your flight to thailand/Laos though, i'm a broke as ************. you get the scratch together for your flight here ok...

That's twice now your just stupid and rude without any insight added. Book your plane ticket a-hole

edit; and bring a video camera
    i love this kind of posturing. like im going to fly to the middle of fucking nowhere to fight some guy on the internet? i have a few grand lying around for such occasions, as if im some globetrotting wishbringer? of course im not going to laos or thailand to fight you. and you know that, so whats the point of this little tirade?

youre still a fatass whiner btw.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    7) Stop allowing Thai lady-boys to dump their love in your ass after you've had one too many (virgin) Mai Tais.

I hope you find this to be helpful :)
    Jettatore doesn't take the cream pie. Dude told me it was too "pedestrian" whatever that means.

Instead, he makes them brick in his mouth...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it sounds like the schools sucked if they didn't teach you basics.
    My experience is that the warm ups are also conditioning, rolling on the floor dealing with full body pressure for extended periods is very hard work. When class slows down for technique practice/teaching the fact you are well warmed up will help prevent injury when the pace picks up again.
    Others in this thread know better than me but I would recommend a Gracie Barra school if you can find one. The conditioning and warm ups should be specific to what your body is going to be doing in the class as well as conditioning in general. A lot of places have pure conditioning classes as well as foundational so if you struggle with the warm up go to those. GIVE UP SMOKING its a depressant and your life will feel/be better without it. No fucking excuses about that one mate. Good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 3:53pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    i love this kind of posturing. like im going to fly to the middle of fucking nowhere to fight some guy on the internet? i have a few grand lying around for such occasions, as if im some globetrotting wishbringer? of course im not going to laos or thailand to fight you. and you know that, so whats the point of this little tirade?

youre still a fatass whiner btw.
    Well Alex, I guess that's the difference between you and me. I know many people find me annoying, **** i find a lot of people annoying. But I don't go flat out rude on them without any sort of comedy/humor just because I'm on the internet. That's twice for you in one day. The first time you did I loaded up your profile and was ready to make the same offer even before your Youtube clips were finished buffering, but your follow up reply in that was not rude and I relaxed about you and you at least explained your opinion in the follow up so I said **** it, he's cool.

Here's the deal. I don't care IF you think I'm a whiney bitch. Detail why and I won't respond negatively, I might even give you a thumbs up. I don't mind criticism, but just calling a name, even if you feel it's mildly descriptive, is just useless ****. I guess I figured someone who liked Kickboxing might want to travel to thailand anyways and after seeing yours you need some training in power shots, you've got flow some good style and flexibility/range but you aren't really doing anything of use with it other than slapping folks. You might not like that being said, but I am not just saying you suck, which just tells you how I feel about you, instead I'm providing details. You see the difference? Anyways, offer still stands if you want to make the trip, should be fun win or lose
    Last edited by Jettatore; 3/19/2013 3:56pm at .
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast