Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2013 4:02am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some fights define greatness, and this was one of those fights. Rigondeaux, being one of the best amateur boxers of all time, has made his case for being one of the best pros right now.

Prior to this fight, Donaire was ranked #3-5 depending how you saw it.

Well, Rigondeaux stepped in the ring and just made one of the best P4P fighters look absolutely foolish. Donaire the man who floored Darchinyan, Montiel, and Nishioka looked absolutely frustrated.

It's not as though Donaire was overrated either. He did land his left hook, and it did hurt Rigondeaux. He also knocked down Rigondeaux and could have done so at any point in the fight.

But tonight, Rigondeaux was the maestro. He used his athleticism, guile, and flawless technique to befuddle then hurt Donaire.

This may not be a fight that entertains everyone, but it was significant. And for those who love the "science" aspect of the "sweet science", there isn't a fight in modern boxing that can be better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/15/2013 3:47pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have to share this GIF with you guys.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 12:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    38,000 fans were back into the Alamodome in San Antonio to see Canelo Alvarez take on Austin Trout. Nobody left disappointed.

The common thought amongst boxing fans was that this was going to be a close fight. And, despite two of the scorecards being wide, it was. Even so, the right man won.

Canelo Alvarez utilized skills few people knew he had. Utilizing fine head movement and ring generalship, he slipped a good portion of Trout's punches, and mixed in his own harder, accurate shots.

Trout, for his part, used his piston-like jab to keep Canelo honest and followed it up with straights to the body.

But even though the fight was close, Canelo staked his claim to a win by dropping Trout in R7.

What's next for Canelo? Perhaps a showdown with Floyd Mayweather Jr. in September.

Here's my favourite moment of the fight. Canelo showcase his slipping abilities, punctuated be a tremendous head roll.

Posted On:
    4/22/2013 2:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rigondeaux? Rightful winner against Donaire (much as I like him). Very classy boxing skill.

I'm a great admirer of Canelo as well and saw this last night. I knew the result (damn posting on FB) so I relaxed and just let it unfold. It was a difficult fight to score and except for the knockdown, Trout had dictated the fight and showed a high level of skill.

You're right about Canelo's defensive skills, he was much more elusive as the fight went on. Even so, there was a clear case for Trout to get the verdict.

Still, Trout was very gracious following the verdict. It was not clear to us in the UK that the scorecards were open. Christodolou must have been watching this in the bar....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 12:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't believe I neglected to show you guys this.

Here is Tyson Fury taking on Steve Cunningham. Though Cunningham is a natural cruiserweight, he gives any top 10 heavyweight problems.

And here he gave Fury problems. Not only did he drop Fury, he outpointed Fury. That is, until Cunningham KOed him.

Fury's exactly the excitement the heavyweight division needs. He's no Klitschko killer, but he'll be fun to watch while he's in his prime.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 12:26pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry but I can't take him seriously. Every time T. Fury is mentioned, the first thing to flash through my mind is this:

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/25/2013 2:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't take him seriously. Every time T. Fury is mentioned, the first thing to flash through my mind is this:

Believe it or not, Fury's not the first fighter to punch himself in the face with an uppercut :P

That said, if you ever hear Fury trash talk, it's highly entertaining stuff.

The difference between Fury and guys like Floyd Mayweather is that Fury believes every single thing he says.

He truly believes he's the savior of the heavyweight division. He truly believes he can beat Cain Velasquez in an MMA fight. He also truly believes he's an excellent singer - despite evidence to the contrary.

But it gets even more absurd than this.

Fury has said that he'd challenge the best baseball player in the world and beat him at baseball. He also said that he's better than the best NFL players at football.

Last week, a friend of mine who's a boxing journalist wrote that he thought Cunningham was going to win the fight. When he met up with Fury, Fury insisted that he apologize. Why? Because he insisted that the journalist was wrong.

Fury is confident to a fault. He has a self-belief bordering on madness. Yet, he still continues to win.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2013 11:40am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got to be honest. I wasn't expecting much here.

I saw Garcia-Judah as a fight in which Garcia was feasting on the entrails of an old man. It's an old promoter trick they use. Get their young gun in the ring with someone who's fading. When the young gun inevitably wins, their name gets burnished.

As it happens, though, Judah had a little something last night that nobody expected: heart. And he had heart in spades.

After getting beat up and knocked down for most of the fight, Judah roared back and stunned Garcia. In fact, he came ever so close to knocking him out too. But Garcia survived till the end of the fight and did just enough to win on the score cards.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    5/18/2013 11:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123