Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2013 11:09am

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gennady Golovkin vs. Nobuhiro Ishida

If you don't know who Gennady Golovkin is, he's currently the terror of the middleweight division. He holds the WBA and IBO middleweight titles. Despite this, few fighters want to fight him and those who do later regret it.

This fight here will show you why. Golovkin is a devastating puncher with one punch KO power in both fists. Fighting him could end your career.

In case, watching the entire fight doesn't convince you, these GIFs will. These are highlight reel. You won't see a better KO elsewhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2013 12:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another highlight reel KO. I was expecting a halfway competitive fight, but Nicchi got laid out.

Rabchenko looks like a serious threat. After this fight, he's positioned nicely to fight the winner of Canelo-Trout. This prospect makes Ricky Hatton look like a promotional genius because he clearly spotted Rabchenko before anyone else did and is poised to profit big time.

This is sensational stuff.

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 9:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    The much-anticipated rematch is happening this Saturday, so if you haven't seen Rios-Alvarado I, watch it now. IMO, it was 2012's Fight Of The Year. These were two men who wanted nothing more than to cave each other's skulls in, and will look to do so again.

I saw it yesterday on BoxNation. Alvarado got clocked twice in R2 and did well to stay on his feet. The heavier punching was definitely by Rios and he set the trend in R1. However Alvarado displayed the merit of boxing by, er, 'boxing'. He was sharper in the exchanges and slipped more punches though he had a large gash over his Left Eye at the end of the Fight. Rios must have a very hard Head to have shipped so many.

Judging can be contentious as one boxer can just win a Round all the way through the fight yet the final card can show a shut--out. This is not always true. Some fights can be very difficult to score. That all said, the Judges saw a different contest to me, Alvarado was the (very) clear winner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 12:35pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    I saw it yesterday on BoxNation. Alvarado got clocked twice in R2 and did well to stay on his feet. The heavier punching was definitely by Rios and he set the trend in R1. However Alvarado displayed the merit of boxing by, er, 'boxing'. He was sharper in the exchanges and slipped more punches though he had a large gash over his Left Eye at the end of the Fight. Rios must have a very hard Head to have shipped so many.

Judging can be contentious as one boxer can just win a Round all the way through the fight yet the final card can show a shut--out. This is not always true. Some fights can be very difficult to score. That all said, the Judges saw a different contest to me, Alvarado was the (very) clear winner.
    I scored the fight 116-112 for Alvarado. The first half of the fight was a toss-up, but then Alvarado pulled forward as he began using the ring more, while Rios visibly tired. Till the very end, it was a nailbiter.

Boxing's been very good to us this past month. Both Bradley-Provodnikov and Rios-Alvarado II highlight just how savage the sweet science can be.

I can't wait to see Rios-Alvarado III.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/02/2013 12:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ilunga Makabu 12(12)-1 vs. Tamas Lodi 9(7)-0-1

Whenever I see a man who's won all his fights by KO, I wonder if he's really legit.

As in, what would he do with a live body. Well, on paper Lodi was an equal match for Makabu. He was undefeated with a high KO ratio.

At the end of the day, though, it wasn't even close. Makabu finished this and finished it big! This is now Makabu's 13th straight KO, and I suspect he might be a future star.

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 10:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes Makabu looks OK: composed, competent puncher to both Short Ribs and Head and with Single Punch power - Uppercut that jarred Lodi and the Hook that put him over.

Long KO/Undefeated Records? Yes, normal to be sceptical. Young Stribling (127 KOs) allegedly often fought his chauffeur. Lamar Clark, 6 x KOs in 1 night, KO'd by Clay (Ali). Roy Harris (Cut and Shoot) KO'd by Floyd Patterson.

The list goes on. Anyway, perhaps we'll see Makabu competing at the highest level yet and I can say, you will have seen him first :-)

Cheers
    Last edited by Eddie Hardon; 4/03/2013 10:40am at . Reason: typos

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 12:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dismissed this fight. In last week's fight previews, I rated this fight 1 star.

That was going to be a blowout, I thought. How could it not be when Takayama lost 3 of his last 4 fights? How could he possibly beat the #1 minimumweight in Rodriguez?

Little did I know that Takayama would put on the performance of a lifetime. Right out of the gate, Takayama threw everything but the kitchen sink at Rodriguez. He used volume, speed, and footwork to overwhelm Rodriguez and he never let off the gas pedal.

Several times, Takayama looked in trouble. He braved cuts and a knockdown. At times, Rodriguez was able to connect all-too-cleanly.

But Takayama just would not stop. Mostly, he outboxed Rodriguez but he was never afraid to outbrawl him at time too.

This fight, I believe, will go down as 2013's most underrated fight. In a sense, it's too bad it happened on the same night as Rios-Alvarado II.

For those of you who want to see something special, you must watch this fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2013 1:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It took a long time for me to get to this fight because it was pretty low profile — even by my standards. But what we have here is something different.

This is simply a fight. The fact it happened in a ring seems coincidental. It could have happened in a bar or a back alley or a cornfield. It would have still been as savage and cruel and ferocious.

Both men tasted the canvas. Roman was down three times while Pinzon was down twice. As you could imagine, this was a true back and forth war.

Roman, whose right eye was badly cut, finally pulled out the victory with a barrage of punches in R9 — which prompted the ref to stop the fight. He had to really earn his win this fight.

If you have 45 minutes to spare in your day, watch this fight. It is amazing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2013 12:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who saw Estrada fight Roman Gonzalez last November knew he was going to be a live dog. Going the distance and being competitive against El Chocolatito says something.

Viloria, for his part, looked to have gone old overnight. Unlike Pongsaklek Wonongkam, at least he got to finish with dignity. I can't help but feel that if Viloria had younger legs this would have been a different fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2013 1:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This week was a big week for flyweight, but I don't want anyone to forget Melindo's performance here.

Right now, Melindo is quite obscure even for flyweights but he's one of the most exciting Filipino prospects today.

He was once primarily thought of as a boxer, but he's developed into a puncher recently too. He's undefeated and has won 6 of his last 7 fights by KO. That's impressive for a flyweight.

Seran was very much a live body, and at times, he was able to touch Melindo up. But Melindo blew him out of the water in 4 rounds.

This fight is required viewing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast