I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 7:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Dude, because I watch literally dozens of fights each weekend, I can tell you full well what the best fights are. I'm tempted to create a big megathread just devoted to good boxing fights, but I think it will conflict with Bullshido's videos section.
    No, it won't.

By the way, personally I prefer fights showing world class technique over 'exciting fights' like this one. Ofcourse this was very high level technique. I'm just saying I love the occasional boxing chessmatch.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 3/18/2013 7:07pm at .

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 7:19pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    No, it won't.
    Cool. I think I'll start one this week. Nothing but 4 star fights. "4 star" being my own subjective opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit
    By the way, personally I prefer fights showing world class technique over 'exciting fights' like this one. Ofcourse this was very high level technique. I'm just saying I love the occasional boxing chessmatch.
    Nonito Donaire vs. Guillermo Rigondeaux is coming up, and I expect it to be just that. Donaire is a top P4P fighter (either #3 or #4 depending on how who you ask) with a killer left hook. As for Rigondeaux, he's one of the greatest amateurs of all time — he's won an Olympic gold medal twice, for instance.

Donaire-Rigondeaux is going to define whoever wins as "great".

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 7:46pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's highly irregular to score a round as 10-8 if there's no knockdown. Essentially, the only conditions in which a round is scored 10-8 without a knockdown is either if a point is deducted or if the round is so totally one-sided that a knockdown might as well have happened.

That said, here's how I initially scored the fight:

R1: Provodnikov 10-8
    R2: Provodnikov 10-9
    R2: Bradley 10-9
    R4: Bradley 10-9
    R5: Bradley 10-9
    R6: Provodnikov 10-9
    R7: Bradley 10-9
    R8: Bradley 10-9
    R9: Bradley 10-9
    R10: Bradley 10-9
    R11: Bradley 10-9
    R12: Provodnikov 10-8

I scored it 115-113 Bradley.

However, this morning I re-watched fight again and gave R11 to Provodnikov. So with a second vewing, I scored it at 114-114 draw.
    115-113 seems fair. 114-114 even more :) I'm just being biased towards Provodnikov cause Bradley went out on a bad note (Rd12). I mean Prov was finishing Bradley in the end there, if Bradley didn't have that sitdown and hadn't 'used' the knockdown (to shave the seconds off the round), who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    And another guy who punches like a very fast girl...
    If Bradley punches like a very fast girl, then any MMA welterweight punches like a clumsy 5 year old playing pattycake. Yeah yeah, I know they also roll on the ground.

Yeah, apparently he suffered one in the first round but kept continuing anyway. When he was interviewed at the press conference, he apparently couldn't remember things he said 3 seconds earlier. They carted him away to the hospital.
    Jesus. See this whole knockdown 8-count is just too brutal. Fighters have too much time to "recover". I'd find boxing a better... a more humane sport if they'd replace it with say a knockdown 4-count. That would make a world of difference IMO.

It's very possible that Bradley has now sustained a noticeable amount of permanent brain injury.

The boxing world hates Timothy Bradley — especially since they blame him for the robbery win against Manny Pacquiao. It was the judges' fault, not his, but boxing fans needed a scapegoat.
    *Ugh* Yeah I remember how some shithead celebrities start mouthing off at Bradley on Twitter and such. It was disgusting.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 7:59pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When boxing is boring, it could put you to sleep. But when it's great, it's explosive!
    Nothing like a decision victory to highlight boxing's explosiveness!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 5:19am

Style: Striking, grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    awesome, thanks for the tip.
    only recently started watching boxing, sometimes I just watch it for the technique, but this was a fucking fight!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 9:34am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HBO Boxing is a **** ton better without Larry Merchant's crazy ass and George Foreman - the most experienced boxing know nothing in the history of the world. The commentators still ALWAYS insist on bickering with one another throughout the fight which drives me fucking nuts. Roy Jones can't speak English.

I'll give them one thing though. They're still better than Mauro Ranallo.

Oh, an that was clearly a knockdown in the first.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 4:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched it on BoxNation here in London. It's Frank Warren's cable channel.

Ruslan looked like George Chuvalo to my dodgy eyesight. He banged Bradley so thoroughly that I thought Tim was heading for the canvas in each of first 3 Rounds. I give him credit for Heart cos he just kept going but really, he was drawn into Ruslan's fight.

I thought Tim was likely to have little Memory of the contest, cos it was clear he was fighting on instinct.

A great punch-up and Ruslan [that surname is tough as well] will come again.

Posted On:
    3/26/2013 4:09pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im rooting for bradley
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123