Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 1:55pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any news if Bradley is alright (has any concussions) ?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 2:10pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched a replay of the fight on HBO Sunday. It was pretty much the first thing I did in the morning after watching UFC 158. Even though the GSP/Diaz fight was boring it still left me with the same reaction I always have now when I compare a boxing match to MMA.....Meh.

It was okay. One guy with a hard as **** head who hits pretty hard. And another guy who punches like a very fast girl and manages not to collapse for twelve rounds. It was okay. My reaction to the decision was a resounding, "Who gives a ****? It's just boxing."

And if this fight with it's sea of empty seats is the future of boxing, then boxing is fucked.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 4:53pm

Style: Western Boxing, Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Any news if Bradley is alright (has any concussions) ?
    Yeah, apparently he suffered one in the first round but kept continuing anyway. When he was interviewed at the press conference, he apparently couldn't remember things he said 3 seconds earlier. They carted him away to the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    It was okay.
    Translation = It was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    And if this fight with it's sea of empty seats is the future of boxing, then boxing is fucked.
    The fight had zero hype so of course there were empty seats. The boxing world hates Timothy Bradley — especially since they blame him for the robbery win against Manny Pacquiao. It was the judges' fault, not his, but boxing fans needed a scapegoat.

Few people other than myself thought it would entertain. It ended up being frontrunner for Fight Of The Year. I'm now a huge fan of both fighters.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 5:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    When he was interviewed at the press conference, he apparently couldn't remember things he said 3 seconds earlier. They carted him away to the hospital.
    I've always thought that immediate post-fight interviews were kinda silly, since even the winner's just been through a fight and probably isn't in good condition to talk. This is particularly true of the old UFC, when every post-fight interview was a panting guy with no volume control walking us through a slow motion replay where he says stuff like "right here, I just started hitting him".

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 5:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicpoet View Post
    Last night, while everyone watched the UFC's over-hyped, non-competitive, man-hugging competition, another fight that was altogether better. It had no hype, no buzz, no talk. In years to come, this will be the fight we all talk about.

What fight you ask? Timothy Bradley vs. Ruslan Provodnikov. And before you say anything else, take a moment out of your day and watch this fight.

Both these men are warriors. They put up with hellacious punishment because their heart had no quit.

Bradley, in particular, showed me that he doesn't deserve any of the hate directed to him after Pacquiao-Bradley. He's got more drive, determination, and just no quit.

As for Provodnikov, he proved that he can be a main event fighter. Everyone loves a come forward slugger with one punch power. Everyone loves an underdog who shows up to win.

This was one for the ages. If you cannot love​ this fight, you have no soul!
    Dude, you linked us up the whole fight !
    Thanks !
    I will watch it tomorrow night.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 5:55pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Dude, you linked us up the whole fight !
    Thanks !
    I will watch it tomorrow night.
    Buzz Killington here to tell you that This Video Has Been Removed By The User.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 6:06pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Buzz Killington here to tell you that This Video Has Been Removed By The User.
    It's okay. Here's another source:

http://www.boxtube.net/video/881/201...an-Provodnikov

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 6:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you search in kat.ph for "timothy bradley ruslan provodnikov", you may or may not get something of high quality.

pm me if you need to set it up.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 6:52pm

Style: Boxing/Iron Palm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was prepared for another snoozer, but this fight was badass! And I had never even heard of Provodnikox. If Bradley was trying to cherry-pick a sure thing, his agent done fucked up.

It's great to see a fight where both the winner and the loser enhance their cred.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 7:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, because I watch literally dozens of fights each weekend, I can tell you full well what the best fights are. I'm tempted to create a big megathread just devoted to good boxing fights, but I think it will conflict with Bullshido's videos section.

A megathread might be useful, though, since it will at least give people context on what's happened before and after a fight.

When boxing is boring, it could put you to sleep. But when it's great, it's explosive!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast