Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Plateau

Style
    being a fatty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Plateau

If you plateau in training, what's the best way to get out of it?

Style
    being a fatty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since I can't edit:

In a streetfight (theoretically, let's say just you and the other dude), if you strike him and leave bruises on his body, you could go to jail right? He could probably try to sue you too.

On the other hand, if you use a bloodchoke and knock him out, he couldn't, as there would be no marks left on his body.

But that brings up a question, if it's only him (or possibly any LEO's in the vicinity, which is rare if they weren't called to the area beforehand) who can prosecute you, why not just kill him?

Say you knock him out but he has cuts and whatnot. Why not take your time to finish him off so you can't get sued, then run away? Holding a bloodchoke for a minute should do the trick. Or collapsing the diaphragm. Especially since the Police only solve 57% of murders and even then, only arrest maybe 40% of them, it's easy to get off with it.

http://gothamist.com/2013/02/15/nypd..._last_year.php

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting running around murdering people, no no, that's stupid. But I'm curious as to why people let themselves get put into trouble.

Also, I've read around 20 street v sport threads and still haven't been able to get an answer:
    Are bodyshots good in streetfights or better in sport? (Where a match may take longer than a streetfight) How about when compared to headshots? What are the pros and cons?

Should you not punch? In a thread, there was an article against punching the chin or forehead cause you'll break your bones (which I've heard about before). Should you punch the body? That seems weak. Should you use kicks and grappling?

Is there any way to increase toughness and standup ability in case you get attacked without warning? That way the first punch won't drop you to the ground.

Style
    Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are making the mistake of viewing a "street fight" as some macho bully boy contest. If you are attacked, you get to **** the guy up. Period. Being a martial artist I've never really had to injure anyone in the couple of times I hit some idiot, but your scenario seems like a "fight." In that case, go to jail. You have much more to lose than aggressive moron, let him "fight" someone else.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really have to define "street fight".

Are we talking your out at the club and your eyes spend just a little to much time on this guys girl's ass/tits or are you walking down the street and bam out of the dark ally comes Muggy McRaper or are we talking about you and some other dude are just angry with each other and decide that fisticuffs are the means of solving the issue?

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The rules of 3
    3 minutes without Air
    3 days without water
    3 weeks without food

The real truth is your probably looking at having to hold it for
    6-8 minutes to get a good amount of brain damage.

Style
    being a fatty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    You are making the mistake of viewing a "street fight" as some macho bully boy contest. If you are attacked, you get to **** the guy up. Period. Being a martial artist I've never really had to injure anyone in the couple of times I hit some idiot, but your scenario seems like a "fight." In that case, go to jail. You have much more to lose than aggressive moron, let him "fight" someone else.
    Sorry, but I didn't understand your answer.

You really have to define "street fight".

Are we talking your out at the club and your eyes spend just a little to much time on this guys girl's ass/tits or are you walking down the street and bam out of the dark ally comes Muggy McRaper or are we talking about you and some other dude are just angry with each other and decide that fisticuffs are the means of solving the issue?
    I'm talking about getting jumped randomly in the street.

And I think it's just 3 days without water then, you could survive 3 days without food easily as long as you weren't starving beforehand. I was told by my sensei that holding cutting bloodflow from the brain for 30 seconds caused brain damage, though it only takes 7 to knock someone out. I suppose crushing the throat would be the easiest way to go, with a quick stomp on it.

How about the plateau question?

Style
    being a fatty
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    cut
    Yeah I know, but I'm worried about plateauing. There are lots of people who plateau in weight lifting.

Fields, that's weak, idk. Would it be legal to break his arms and/or legs?

@cualteigh What I meant wasn't to "hurt" and eventually win because that seems like it'd take a while. In a street fight, it seems more reasonable to quickly knockout or submit the person than have a 3 minute jabbing/grappling match.

Against an untrained person, I think you could easily go for the, unlike against another trained fighter, where you'd probably have to be more strategic in your fight (i.e. work his legs, hurt his body, etc).

@goodlun I know that it's stupid to fight someone with a weapon. If he has one, do what he wants unless you know he's gonna kill you. Then fight fight fight and make sure you get his balls. If you're going down, take little Jr. with you.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are far to new to have "plateaued".
    You may be experiencing slower growth than you where when you 1st started out.
    This is natural cause when you know next to nothing every new thing you learn is a huge leap in comparison to what you use to know.
    Example when you 1st started out you know 0
    Then you learn 1 thing
    Then you learn your next thing and wow you know twice as much as you did before.
    Then you Learn your 3rd thing wow that is a 50% improvement over what you knew before.
    4th thing 25%
    5th 20%
    6th 17%

Get it?
    The worse thing though is compared to what you need to know its all ****.
    So what you can do when you think you have "plateaued" is keep on going to training as often as you can, do your best to be a good training partner and work on getting the most you can out of it.

Also the windpipe is not nearly as fragile as you think it is. One more thing if it where only 30 seconds without air life guards would be almost completely useless. Another thing to consider when talking about how long one can survive without air is it is fairly temperature dependent.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking kill a man so he doesn't sue you? That's fucked up.

I've said it before. Choke him out. Let him **** himself. Wake him up. Tell him he's **** himself. Choke him out again. Relish in the fact that he went nigh nighs knowing he **** himself. Piss on his unconscious body, on his face but make sure a lot goes on his pants. Slap him to wake him up. Tell him he's pissed himself. Choke him out again making sure not to get your piss on yourself. Drop a turd on his upper lip and smear it (using his own hand) into his face to make a "shitbeard". Drop him outside a cop shop with a sign saying, "I tried to jump someone for their wallet and all I got was soaked in piss and my face and arse covered in ****."
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Fucking kill a man so he doesn't sue you? That's fucked up.

I've said it before. Choke him out. Let him **** himself. Wake him up. Tell him he's **** himself. Choke him out again. Relish in the fact that he went nigh nighs knowing he **** himself. Piss on his unconscious body, on his face but make sure a lot goes on his pants. Slap him to wake him up. Tell him he's pissed himself. Choke him out again making sure not to get your piss on yourself. Drop a turd on his upper lip and smear it (using his own hand) into his face to make a "shitbeard". Drop him outside a cop shop with a sign saying, "I tried to jump someone for their wallet and all I got was soaked in piss and my face and arse covered in ****."
    Getting soft in your old age fields?!
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last