Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 5:53am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by karma2343 View Post
    That being said, all this talk about him needing to get laid and raped and whatever is kinda offputting. Not that ya'll mean anything by it, but going from "haha, this guy is a total douche" to "haha, he should get raped because hes a douche" is just kinda taking this in a weird direction.
    Because arguing that a pen is a phallic symbol that can prevent rape, through written words, is not a "weird direction?"

http://psychology1.knoji.com/repress...rotic-anxiety/

Freud had two separate theories about neurosis. His first theory was published in 1895. In the first theory, he postulated that neurotic anxiety was caused by blocked unconscious impulses. These impulses could be blocked due to unfulfilled sexual tension; in other words sexual deprivation. So if a person was deprived of sex that person would become neurotic and have a lot of anxiety. However, the person would not know it is due to an unsuccessful sex life because this part of the process (Id and pleasure principle) is unconscious.
    It is a basic Psych-101 joke. Anything that is written with that much SEXUAL TENSION and White knighting is sexual repression. Next time, I'll make sure to mention Freud so it won't be "weird."

Oops:
    One of my students, a black female, invited a white male friend, who then proceeded to write a screed of condemnation at the very idea of such behavior.
    Der saw the white privilege part, I saw a guy trying to impress and white knight for a woman he liked. Of course, I had to be sarcastic and insulting, I had to say he was trying to get laid.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/16/2013 6:03am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 6:44am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not only is this guy's head so far up his ass that he can clean his molars and groom his eyebrows with one stroke of a single brush, but his writing is terrible. The effort to sound impressive causes him to lose track of little things like subject-verb agreement.

I think Fake should use one of those nasty phallic pens (or its virtual equivalent) and grade his little essay in idiocy for form and content, then post it with comments under the original on Facebook. I've rarely seen anything that screams "pretentious, semi-educated asshole in need of correction" more loudly.

One syntactic highlight for me was the sentence whose most natural reading is the pronouncement that the three reasons he will only stab (with?) knives and "poles" (spears?), etc., are
    1. he has "an sense of dignity,"
    2. he doesn't subscribe to "poetic vigilantism," and
    3. he doesn't subscribe to justice.

Truly a hero in the making.

I am worried for him, though. What if he is attacked and the only means of defense at hand is a pointed stick?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 6:57am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have no clue how hard it was to ignore "an sense" and his weird run on comma spliced sentences.

I tend to coma splice myself, which drives me up the wall and his mistakes drove me nuts.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 7:03am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post

I am worried for him, though. What if he is attacked and the only means of defense at hand is a pointed stick?
    He will have to make it clear that he there is nothing sexual about it and that hes not raping his attacker with his defence.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 8:13am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Unquestionably. I live in the Boston area, so I am rarely in a position where I am not in spitting range of at least two people with advanced degrees from an Ivy League college, who are also imbeciles.
    What was it Oscar Wilde said? He was an esteemed academician, and like many academicians, a profoundly stupid man.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    What was it Oscar Wilde said?
    I believe it was "It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 9:14am

staff

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Come on Sam, you can post. There is no need to lurk and be angry at my words!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 9:29am

Style: Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to see your next seminar focus on out voting your rapist. We need to teach women how to call a vote, how to verbally sway the pre-vote debate to your side, and how to break the inevitable 1-1 tie (without using anything phallic).

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 9:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ+Sanda

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I love how they always use this line while never explaining how to defy the laws of physics. "let me stab you with this dull round ball, because hey, everything else is phallic.
    Oh yes. So much. This.

"Look at our patriarchal society, raping the third world with our phallic bullets and missiles! How blatantly Freudian [fruityeyeroll]"

Hey, dipshit, mount a warhead on a flying vagina and let me know how that pans out.
    Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 10:27am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    This guy is a fucking logical fallacy laden dipshit.
    Yeah, how do you type drivel like this and not explode from dumbass overload?

While I would never defend a rapist, and believe that all women ought to learn self defense in order to deter the psychologically deranged from attacking, it is not feasible to expect absolutely every woman from the ages of 1 month to 110 years to learn tactics of self defense.

-other stuff- and then:

The use of a pen/pencil to defend the rights of women is far more effective when used to produce words
    , especially when it ultimately leads to an attack of the hegemonic structures which produce the sexually and psychologically deranged. A detailed study of cultural hegemony applied to gender theory might have far reaching consequences in finding the genealogy of rape, opposed to reactive 'just in case' scenarios proposed in self defense classes. Unfortunately the literary/intellectual attack of such institutions often goes disregarded, while reactive self defense initiatives seem to be the only attempt we can make at solving this widespread social disease.
    Has he ever left his Ivory Tower?
    Sometimes traffic lights don't work, we should do away with them altogether.
    Its obviously 100% more effective to write 'rape is bad' than to train how to deal with those rapists who presumably can't read..

This guy will never post here. Though it would do him good.
    Happy to be wrong though, good entertainment..

also...defense haha clever boy.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast