Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 11:00am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think I'd rather be stabbed with a 'phallic' pen than a pitchfork or bayonet any day.
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 11:00am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is interesting that we would go to such elaborate measures to defend ourselves against rape, using a device made for writing, while we dare not attack the genealogy of rapist mentalities using the same object, in the appropriate manner. While I would never defend a rapist, and believe that all women ought to learn self defense in order to deter the psychologically deranged from attacking, it is not feasible to expect absolutely every woman from the ages of 1 month to 110 years to learn tactics of self defense. Sexual assault is a plague on our society, and instead of solely demanding every woman to be prepared at every moment, to defend herself by any means necessary, there ought to be some consideration given as to how to prevent the rapist mentality in the first place.

If there was a correlation between a womans ability to use weapons effectively and rape reduction then we would not see women (with combat training) in the military being raped and sexually assaulted at significantly higher rates than in civilian society (almost twice the rate of rape in US society). On the one hand we have increasing rates of sexual abuse out of the military, and the other shows the effects of militarization in domestic situations; Holly G. Prigerson, an associate professor of psychiatry at Yale found that “combat vets were 4.4 times more likely to have abused a spouse or partner than other men.” While hierarchal institutions, and patriarchal hegemonies not only breed controlling masculine mentalities, the same type which produce rapists, they also lead to impunity for men, enabling them to go unpunished for crimes of sexual assault. I am not saying that this self defense seminar ought not to exist, but I would love to see it coupled with a seminar related to dismantling the mentality of a sociopath. Perhaps, if the point was to decrease the amount of instances of rape in the united states, the seminar ought to assert that women avoid contact with current military solders and/or military vets.

The use of a pen/pencil to defend the rights of women is far more effective when used to produce words, especially when it ultimately leads to an attack of the hegemonic structures which produce the sexually and psychologically deranged. A detailed study of cultural hegemony applied to gender theory might have far reaching consequences in finding the genealogy of rape, opposed to reactive 'just in case' scenarios proposed in self defense classes. Unfortunately the literary/intellectual attack of such institutions often goes disregarded, while reactive self defense initiatives seem to be the only attempt we can make at solving this widespread social disease. (See Noam Chomsky's “Hegemony or Survival” and “The Responsibility of Intellectuals” for examples.)
    This guy is a fucking logical fallacy laden dipshit.

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 11:05am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow... does he even know what rape is?
    "Won't fight me in the ring? Don't fight me on the street."
    Paraphrased from Bullshido.

"You can't judge Martial Arts until you feel the joy of kicking someone in the face and not go to prison for it."
    Mrs Kovacs.

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 11:40am

Style: FMA/MMA/HEMA noob

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph in a tiny canoe. What the **** did I just read? I think I actually threw up some brain matter into my mouth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 11:42am

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    "The fact that we are literate enough to hold this debate suggests an amount of privilege that only a society which does not resort to brutality affords. The acts of communication, and cooperation, afforded by the privilege of education, generally negates our need to learn how to go around shanking one another with every object available in order to survive. We are blessed to have not been born into such a society. While using a pen/pencil for self-defense might afford me a minor sense of security, in some situations (like prison - which is another debate entirely), learning how to use a pen/pencil to articulate sentiments, such as non-violence, that communicate the essence of "why we don't go around stabbing/raping/shanking one another" has afforded us the (ostentatious) privilege and security for to be able to become literate, attend school, and become educated participants in democratic society."[/B]
    Pen issue aside, what's really interesting is that he seems to think that there is no violence in a democratic society. Mind-boggling privilege and social coddling at work there...

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 12:15pm

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The use of a pen/pencil to defend the rights of women is far more effective when used to produce words......
    Unfortunately the literary/intellectual attack of such institutions often goes disregarded
    So we should step up intellectual attacks on rape because they are ultimately ignored anyway. Genius.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 12:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    dumb as a bag of hammers.

wow, nice to see more cupcakes posting their verbal diarrhea on facebook.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 1:15pm

Style: 1 technique 1000 times

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think what I got from this is that you can write poetry to make rapists not rape people.

Anyone want to test this theory...?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 1:28pm

Style: Escrima n00b

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by csharp.negative View Post
    I think what I got from this is that you can write poetry to make rapists not rape people.

Anyone want to test this theory...?
    Perhaps we should ask Sam Mit (for that is this dingbat's fb name) to try it out and report on his findings? After all, it's the scientific way.....

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 1:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I posted something similar and he disappeared. I'm hoping all the other posts helped the guy realize he is an asshat. I said that "I'd let all the rape survivors know a letter would have saved them."
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast