Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

No show at MT seminar

There comes a time when one has to stop lurking....fortunately over the weekend I had an off putting experience that gives me something to talk about.

One of my coworkers trains Muay Thai at a different school in town than I do that I've never been to, and said school had a seminar scheduled for this past Saturday with an instructor that I have trained with before and respect. So I thought this would be a nice way for us to bond outside the job, spend a couple hours hitting each other.

So when I get to her gym with time to spare, and the parking lot is empty. All the lights are off inside. I think to myself that maybe things are running late, this is Bellingham and people have an infuriating hippy dippy attitude towards punctuality. So I wait, and wait. The start time comes and goes, the guy working on the landscaping for the businesses around there looks at me like I've got three tits on my forehead as I loiter. So I leave, thinking I must have read the day wrong.

This seminar had been well hyped on their Facebook, which I cant yet post a link to, but you can find it if you care to: Face **** slash USMAABellinghamGym

I didn't get the day wrong, nor the time, and not a peep about cancellation. I am not blown away by this display of professionalism. My coworker hasn't been to class since last week, so she has not heard anything about what went wrong.

Feels a bit like getting stood up must feel. I really did want to see if this school has more skills than their YouTube videos of people doing pad work seem to indicate.

I'm sure someone else in this place has had a similar weird experience?

End of noob rant.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So was anyone else waiting for the seminar, or just you?

Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just me that I could see, which made me think I fucked up the day/time somehow....but my friend told me yesterday that someone else not affiliated with the school had also shown up and found the place deserted.