Posted On:
    3/15/2013 8:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Diagnosed. I don't take meds though.

Well I should've said my family as well, but I figured that was implied.
    I asked because this is the Internet, where like 60% of all people have some self-diagnosed disorder and 70% of statistics are made up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 8:45am

Style: HS Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I asked because this is the Internet, where like 60% of all people have some self-diagnosed disorder and 70% of statistics are made up.
    ^Statistically speaking, that's made up.

Fair enough. Feel free to ask, I suppose. I'll answer questions to the best of my ability. (within reason of course)

Though I doubt asking me could help with anything, especially on this site, because there are plenty more experienced folk than me.

And after reading part of a psychology book, I was convinced I had at least 5 different mental disorders until my dad explained to me otherwise.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 8:50am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys are hilarious. I'm working with a group trying to prove that "ADHD" is more likely the norm rather than the exception. (Subscribe)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 9:12am

Style: HS Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You guys are hilarious. I'm working with a group trying to prove that "ADHD" is more likely the norm rather than the exception. (Subscribe)
    If that ever comes out, please let me know.

I think that everyone has ADD, at least to some degree. And googling a bit, it talks about hyperfocus, though what they're explaining seems to happen to most kids in my art class. Except for the ones who can't draw. Hmm...

http://add.about.com/od/adhdthebasics/a/Hyperfocus.htm
    http://www.additudemag.com/adhd/article/612.html
    http://www.vaxa.com/hyperfocus.cfm

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 9:16am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cuddles when I'm talking about repetitions I'm talking about muscle memory or instincts. My mind is very detached while rolling, I'm aware what I'm doing but I won't think. I'll be able to tell you why I did something because of a concept learned. Although I'm just as likely to tell you bout 5 other concepts connected to it as well :)

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 9:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For kids or adults?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 9:45am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    For kids or adults?
    The study so far has shown that Adults may develop ADHD behavior due to alchahol drinking, over working and concussions therefore adults can't be properly diagnosed as having true adhd. All work then had to be focused directly to pre teen children in order to do an accurate study.

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 9:54am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The study so far has shown that Adults may develop ADHD behavior due to alchahol drinking, over working and concussions therefore adults can't be properly diagnosed as having true adhd. All work then had to be focused directly to pre teen children in order to do an accurate study.

Interesting. So I thought that alcohol abuse, stress from not focusing at work, and dangerous lifestyle choices were symptoms of add rather than the causes.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 9:59am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DKJr View Post
    Interesting. So I thought that alcohol abuse, stress from not focusing at work, and dangerous lifestyle choices were symptoms of add rather than the causes.
    There could be a correlation but one doesn't necessarily mean another. I believe one study was brought up to concur with your statement but we found a contradictory study therefore we threw out the idea of looking at adults because of too many variables.

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 10:58am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would not be surprised. With numbers like these http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/hlthi...ighlights.html attributing to a lack of ability to receive proper healthcare, and parents like Erez Blum who believe that this is just a case of kids being bad for no apparent reason, I'd be willing to bet this is severely under-diagnosed. As I got older I started seeing that many other individuals, of all ages, had been diagnosed with ADD/ADHD.

Coincidentally, they just announced on Dr. Oz that the yellow dyes in Kraft macaroni and cheese can be attributed to ADD. It was on today's episode if anyone would like to look it up.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast