Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/04/2009 9:47am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dojo hunting in St. Petersburg, Russia

All right, I've taken way too long to post this thread. I've been in student exchange in St. Petersburg polytechnical university for a month now, and I've finally come to the conclusion that this craphole doesn't have a student sambo club. So, I turn to Bullshido, way too late, to ask if there's anyone here who can recommend a commercial sambo club around here.

I have no previous sambo experience, and most grappling I've done is BJJ learned from members of my home university's MMA club, so I'm open for any other art, grappling or striking, as well. I'm just interested in sambo for georgraphical considerations. Bonus points if the school's near the Devyatkino-Prospekt Veteranov metro line.

Posted On:
    3/04/2009 9:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Message sambosteve or theotherserge. i think they both have contacts in russia

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 2:49am

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good God mate, you could be training with Alex Barakov, an absolute badass-on-earth. Look up the FKE club...

I can pull up the contact info, he's the man I learned Sambo from. I wish I was you right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<obje...mbed></object>
    Last edited by theotherserge; 3/06/2009 2:50am at . Reason: freaking embed
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2009 2:53am

Style: mt/bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Man I would love to spar with that guy in the vid "Alex Barakov", he seems very energetic and strong for his age even though he would beat me up it will still be a great learning experience =]
    Last edited by big maclol; 3/06/2009 3:00am at .

Posted On:
    8/10/2013 9:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kooy99

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was reading online and found this . . A standard tourist confirmation from a hosting authorized Russian travel agency or a hotel, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a voucher from your hotel or travel agency in Russia. . . I do not know if this means I need to have somewhere to stay like a hotel or if it means I am free to stay with my boyfriend and his parents. Is it possible to get a visa invitation from a company and not have to worry about spending huge amounts on a hotel?.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/11/2013 9:55pm

Style: Getting less fat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kooy99 View Post
    I was reading online and found this . . A standard tourist confirmation from a hosting authorized Russian travel agency or a hotel, registered with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and a voucher from your hotel or travel agency in Russia. . . I do not know if this means I need to have somewhere to stay like a hotel or if it means I am free to stay with my boyfriend and his parents. Is it possible to get a visa invitation from a company and not have to worry about spending huge amounts on a hotel?.
    If you would be so kind as to die in a fire that would be nice.