Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 3:02am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Articles about boxing injuries and MA

An article discussing the health benefits of MA training, not something new, but still it is a scientific paper.
    The second one discusses injuries in boxing. The take home is that intensity is what causes injuries (not just fatigue etc.) and boxing training especially if not competing is quite a safe sport!
    If you can't be bothered reading the methods and results, read the abstract and the discussion parts.
    I hope i was successful in attaching said articles.
    Attached Files

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 8:33am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice one Erezb

i found the bit about ADHD very interesting

We have had quite a few ADHD type kids through our judo club with a mix of results from mat bans to total integration
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 10:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why is it that when we were young there were hardly any if even that ADHD kids?

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 11:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They just spanked us back then
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 12:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post
    They just spanked us back then
    exactly, it's not that they can't listen and behave, it is that they aren't afraid enough. I never got diagnosed with ADHD and im sure i would be recommended today to take Ritalin if i was a child. Teachers are lazy and powerless.
    We have one problematic 16 yo, with atitude, and he doesn't listen, but when he knows that the possibility of a physical communication (lol) is real, he can shape up quickly.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 1:24am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's a tought question,

my head says no to spanking, but I see some kids and start sounding like my parents in my head...'This little flaker needs a clip round the ear'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 2:14am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erezb View Post
    exactly, it's not that they can't listen and behave, it is that they aren't afraid enough. I never got diagnosed with ADHD and im sure i would be recommended today to take Ritalin if i was a child. Teachers are lazy and powerless.
    We have one problematic 16 yo, with atitude, and he doesn't listen, but when he knows that the possibility of a physical communication (lol) is real, he can shape up quickly.
    I used to teach in a pretty rough school and found it interesting that the kids who apparently had "no control" over their behaviour when it came to teachers would never act the jackass around the kids who would give them a pasting after class if they annoyed them.

I also found it useful to run "activities" where I could administer the odd blow to the face. It sets a whole new tone to your relationship.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 3:09am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezmond View Post
    I used to teach in a pretty rough school and found it interesting that the kids who apparently had "no control" over their behaviour when it came to teachers would never act the jackass around the kids who would give them a pasting after class if they annoyed them.

I also found it useful to run "activities" where I could administer the odd blow to the face. It sets a whole new tone to your relationship.
    Basically, the threat of physical punishment calms them right down. This Ritalin **** is an escape for teachers that feel they have zero tools to control kids, and the kids know that.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 3:47am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Basically, the threat of physical punishment calms them right down. This Ritalin **** is an escape for teachers that feel they have zero tools to control kids, and the kids know that.
    I'd like to know how much ritalin you've been prescribed or what pharma background you possess or, how many ADHD / Hyperactive kids you're responsible for, to enable you to offer that meaningful and educated opinion.

I'd also like to know how you can state that the threat of (in this case) "physical punishment" would have the effect YOU CLAIM after your fucking ridiculous reply where I threaten to temp ban you for posting stupid ****.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=120109
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 3/12/2013 3:52am at .
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 3:48am

Style: Taijiquan, Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ritalin isn't prescribed by teachers though. If a kid isn't taught basic social skills by their parents then teachers don't stand a chance. If a kid is controlled at home by drugs / violence / threats of violence then they don't stand a chance of moderating their behaviour in an environment where the threat of violence isn't present.

Fuckwit parents who come to the school and confront teachers when you instigate reasonable disciplinary measures are far more of a problem.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast