Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/12/2014 7:03pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    What happened to this thread? I think I remember CoffeeFan moving, but did he stop training/posting? Maybe Omega or Zapruder or SamboSteve can take it over?

I wouldn't feel comfortable taking this over, my technique is a far cry from top level instruction.
    Ah yes, this points out a detail I forgot to mention! This is the push pull principle in action here. I am pushing away with the foot on his hip and pulling with both my half guard leg AND my arms. I would either be grabbing and pulling the collar, wrist or neck(if no gi) If I feel someone going to attack my foot I will grab the wrist and kick over for the kneebar(as shown in the vid) or I can also grab the tricep and and armdrag to the back depending on where their posture is.

Edit: One other point here is that if you are really pushing the foot into the hip it makes it pretty hard to grab the footlock
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/12/2014 7:36pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was this supposed be ongoing?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/12/2014 8:07pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I assume you are talking about the first technique in the video?
    :41 of the video
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/12/2014 8:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    Ah yes, this points out a detail I forgot to mention! This is the push pull principle in action here. I am pushing away with the foot on his hip and pulling with both my half guard leg AND my arms. I would either be grabbing and pulling the collar, wrist or neck(if no gi) If I feel someone going to attack my foot I will grab the wrist and kick over for the kneebar(as shown in the vid) or I can also grab the tricep and and armdrag to the back depending on where their posture is.

Edit: One other point here is that if you are really pushing the foot into the hip it makes it pretty hard to grab the footlock
    Just for clarity for everyone else I am talking about :41 sec of the video.

I see the push pull principle; which is why the guy might want to smash you if you are pushing him with your foot on his hip. Then you can swivel to the kneebar as you did.

My instinct (watching this vid) would not be to smash you, but to sit back and take your foot with me (pull your push); reap my right leg over your thigh (and arm if you were gripping my jacket), pinch my knees and go for the foot lock. From that kneeling position, I can windshield wiper my left leg into position nicely since you are essentially putting your leg between mine with that move. In this case you won't get the kneebar as in the vid cuz I am sitting back, not forward.

Having said that, I am not sure most people's instincts would be to do this. I think a majority of folks would try to smash you.

I like new toys. I am gonna play with your move and see how my guys react ;)
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/13/2014 1:56pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Was this supposed be ongoing?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeFan View Post
    I'm going to use this thread to post weekly videos of forbidden, obscure, or unique leg locks. I'll try to keep it to high percentage moves but I'll toss in an odd situation ones as well.
    It was suppose to be weekly.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/13/2014 5:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Just for clarity for everyone else I am talking about :41 sec of the video.

I see the push pull principle; which is why the guy might want to smash you if you are pushing him with your foot on his hip. Then you can swivel to the kneebar as you did.

My instinct (watching this vid) would not be to smash you, but to sit back and take your foot with me (pull your push); reap my right leg over your thigh (and arm if you were gripping my jacket), pinch my knees and go for the foot lock. From that kneeling position, I can windshield wiper my left leg into position nicely since you are essentially putting your leg between mine with that move. In this case you won't get the kneebar as in the vid cuz I am sitting back, not forward.

Having said that, I am not sure most people's instincts would be to do this. I think a majority of folks would try to smash you.

I like new toys. I am gonna play with your move and see how my guys react ;)

I am super interested to see how your guys react to it! I always feel more in danger of a leg attack from the pinching half guard/knee shield than I do with the foot on the hip. That pulling on the half guard inserted leg while pushing on the hip seems to sit them down on their heels if they try and sit back and gives me time to adjust if they are moving for a foot attack, but then again I am normally the leg locker in the places I train and I dont have a lot of guys to train with that are comfortable attacking the legs
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost View Post
    Actually, I don't do it because I don't want people to be scammed - I do it because I enjoy kicking down the doors of Lies and Deceit and then forcibly fucking Fraud with the dildo of Truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    I don't care if they gave it to him because, he tickles butterfly butt-holes while wearing a pink frock.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/20/2014 12:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapruder View Post
    I am super interested to see how your guys react to it! I always feel more in danger of a leg attack from the pinching half guard/knee shield than I do with the foot on the hip. That pulling on the half guard inserted leg while pushing on the hip seems to sit them down on their heels if they try and sit back and gives me time to adjust if they are moving for a foot attack, but then again I am normally the leg locker in the places I train and I dont have a lot of guys to train with that are comfortable attacking the legs
    Sorry for the delay in my reply to this. I have been swamped. But, I am definitely going to play with this at my next open mat ;)

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/20/2014 1:07pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was suppose to be weekly.
    Well I'm lazy so here's a video I've already posted. Part I of V.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/20/2014 11:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    Sorry for the delay in my reply to this. I have been swamped. But, I am definitely going to play with this at my next open mat ;)
    Zapruder, I started playing with that half guard detail tonight. Interesting results. I did it from memory, so I actually posted on the near side thigh (not the opposite side hip as in your vid). Must be all the "Estima" lock vids I have been watching.

But, in any event, I was rolling with Tyga Maclin (my student of 7 years, purple under Marcello Garcia, and longtime stud wrestler) and he had no idea I was working anything. Though everyone knows I am not a killer bottom player.

So, I did have a good measure of control against him (this was no-gi). He did not try to smash me, nor did he attack my foot. So, it was an interesting result because I think he knows my game enough to know if he smashed I would underhook and work for legs. I was kind of shocked he did not go after my foot actually (and we had just been talking about the Estima Lock craze too). I asked him why and he did not have an answer other than he did not think he could get it.

So, in the end I used the position to get back to my feet.

Will work again with the foot on opposite hip and let you know how it goes.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/21/2014 10:42am

supporting member
     Style: belt and jacket wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Zap-

Do you ever feel stuck, or without leverage, when you cross that left leg over to their left hip and they sink their weight? One hip is limited in ROM because it is against the mat, and the other has a potentially limited ROM because your opponent is applying pressure. I get stuck here about 30-40% of the time, but usually come out ok when they go to pass, and I scramble.

I hit Master Bill's secret leglock all the time, so I'm just curious about what happens on the other hip.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast