Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 7:10am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Remembering the Human Weapon forum

^ Picture added just because I want it to appear in the thumbnail. I found it by Googling "Dan Severn's ass."

Anyway, anybody remember that ****? The show created a fair-sized shitstorm over here about five years ago (We had a Human Weapon Sucks month after the show was cancelled and for the longest time Trollshido was Duffshido). It wasn't long before our members here discovered the forum they had for the show on the History Channel. It's gone now, but here are some screen captures showing the forum in all its glory:

Thanks to the expanding popularity of the Youtube comments section and Yahoo! Answers, entertainment like this is always readily available nowadays. But the forum is still a curiosity that I just can't quite seem to forget. The History Channel moderators would delete posts simply because they were argumentative. The forum "community" was surprisingly up in its own ass and took offense collectively when Bullshido made fun of the board. The most persistent lazy troll of all time laid seige to the forum nonstop, accusing everyone and everything of being Bill Duff. A lot of strange idiosyncrasies for such an inconsequential wasteland. I, being an overzealous young internet warrior at the time, discovered the board before most did here. Anybody have any interesting memories of the board or the show they would like to bring back up?

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 2:36pm

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They did an episode on Systema? Somebody should put that on pirateba....err amazon. The most memorable episode had to be Ninjitsu. They fucking sparred with throwing stars lol. Well, maybe the most memorable is Pankration, when Bill started slam-fucking the other guy which lost him the fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 9:22pm

Style: JJJ/TSD/MT/BJJ/TLA

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha. That forum was how I ended up on Bullshido. Ahhhh, the memories. shaolindude was especially an endless source of amusement.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 9:57pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nööb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    They did an episode on Systema?
    Sadly, no.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 3:59am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 4:02am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 11:51am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One incident I remember occured during a discussion of the upcoming MMA episode. We heard that one of the host's opponents was going to be a UFC champion, so some members were speculating who it might be (It turned out to be Ricco Rodriguez, who took on Duffman. Jason Chambers fought an IFL guy and beat him with a Twister). Anyway, one of the many members who was known for spouting stupid **** popped in to tell us that weight classes are bullshit because Frank Dux won the Kumite in Japan. My response was pretty straight forward. I told him two things:

1. Dux is a fraud.

2. Dux's imaginary Kumite tournament did have weight divisions according to him. He claimed to be the HEAVYWEIGHT Kumite champion (Sudden thought: Someone should go to the media claiming to be the long lost Super Middleweight Kumite champon).

In response to my post, the member made a new thread to tell everyone he was rage quitting the forum. He said he was being the "better man" for doing that. The moderators deleted every one of my posts in that thread.

Another member claimed aquarium gravel was good to carry around to throw in your attacker's eyes. He didn't carry it around anymore himself, though, because one time he put his pants in the wash without dumping the gravel.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:03pm

Style: BJJ, Boxing, Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Another member claimed aquarium gravel was good to carry around to throw in your attacker's eyes. He didn't carry it around anymore himself, though, because one time he put his pants in the wash without dumping the gravel.
    Pocket sand!!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:43pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep. An old favorite of Ashida Kim, as well. Incidentally, I once saw someone on Kim's forum suggest sharpened quarters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/04/2013 10:57pm

Style: Judo noob, injured guy.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of the episodes (at least that I can tell) are available on youtube if you search for them. On the one hand, it made me appreciate Judo, Sambo, and the non-Muay Thai striking arts of Southeast Asia. On the other, they did ninjitsu...
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast