232653 Bullies, 4103 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 4:26am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frankly, I've a hard time faulting GSP for not being able to KO or sub Diaz. He's been legitimately stopped ONCE and that was a decade ago, before Diaz achieved virtual immortality through copious amounts of ganja.

GSP haters remind me a bit of Jones or Silva haters. Can't hate them for their outstanding fight records so you've gotta hate them for being "arrogant" or "cocky" or "boring" instead, never mind the fact that they make top-level opponents look like day 1 white belts.

True greatness is a rare thing. Just enjoy it while it lasts. Of course, GSP is bound to lose sooner or later, at which point he will have always been overrated.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 5:34am

Style: Striking, grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's not being faulted for not stopping him, he's criticized for not trying to.
    And it's not about the average dickhead MMA fan bitching on the champs, who cares about them.
    it's just frustrating to see GSP could do more and he doesn't.
    Silva or Jones wouldn't do that. Fedor never did. I mean that's what GSP is being compared to, that's his skill level.
    My opinion anyway...

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 8:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerstörer90 View Post
    Now on the other hand there is Anderson Silva, who is all of that, but confident enough in his skills to take risks and make his fights exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    And it's not about the average dickhead MMA fan bitching on the champs, who cares about them.
    Silva or Jones wouldn't do that. Fedor never did. I mean that's what GSP is being compared to, that's his skill level.
    My opinion anyway...
    Don't forget what happened when Silva fought Maia. The worst fight ever. We haven't seen GSP have a fight as bad as that one.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 8:44am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Don't forget what happened when Silva fought Maia. The worst fight ever. We haven't seen GSP have a fight as bad as that one.
    Well... personally, I kinda liked it. It was something different.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 9:00am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ashkelon View Post
    My opinion anyway...
    These are good points. GSP deserves tons of respect for his unbelievable skill level. But it takes more to win the love of the fans. Fedor tried to kill motherfuckers. He didn't play it safe. That made him exciting. Wanderlei Silva was not a "better" fighter than GSP, but his style earned him the love of the fans. That's just the way it is.

I still don't think GSP should throw caution to the wind, especially at this stage of his career. But he shouldn't be surprised if he is viewed as a boring fighter in comparison to some of the other greats, either.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 10:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Well... personally, I kinda liked it. It was something different.
    It could have been a lot worse. There was one fight a while ago where one of the ultimate fighter contestants who didn't make it to the end got to fight. He literally ran away during the entire fight. That was really bad. We haven't seen him around after that flop.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 10:25am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kalib Starnes?

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 10:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kalib Starnes?
    Yeah, that was it! Man, what a shitty fight. And he won against some good fighters leading up to that.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2008/0...ul-performance
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, comparing a fight to the infamous Watch Kalib Run fight is like comparing a person to... I don't wanna say Hitler but you get my point.

You need a better benchmark.
    Last edited by Tranquil Suit; 3/19/2013 12:41pm at .

Posted On:
    3/19/2013 12:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, comparing a fight to the infamous Watch Kalib Run fight is like comparing a person to... I don't wanna say Hitler but you get my point.

You need a better benchmark.
    That's not my bench mark. I was comparing the GSP fight to the Silva vs Maia fight. Then since you said you like the Maia fight because it was different, I just said it could have been a lot worse. The "a lot worse" is the Starnes fight.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast