Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 3:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite GSP fight was when he took the guy down and didn't finish.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 3:50pm

Style: Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^yeah same here. That fight really disappointed me. I actually got up and just paid my bar tab and took a leak during the middle of it. The two fights right before the main event were really good though and made the trip out worth it, people at the bar were really cool too.

I know it most probably wasn't, but the GSP vs. Diaz fight was so awkward it looked like it was a bad "work" (rigged fight). Diaz appeared not to be stalling but to be incapable of really doing anything seriously offensive for the majority of the fight and GSP clearly has no interest in finishing fights.

There was a long moment in the fight where they both stood up at the same time and Diaz just froze there completely motionless, and completely unprepared to duck or move, with his hands completely down at his waist and GSP just stared at him, it was so awkwardly long of a pause, and Diaz wasn't feigning anything, it looked like he was either stunned or just giving GSP an opening to land a show making hay-maker knockout so that he could just go home.... It was so odd, and right after that Diaz put his hands down again but this time he was actually ready to dodge and move if GSP were to try anything, but again, GSP just stared at him like a Lion who is unwilling to kill his prey...

The other thing, that just seemed 'odd' was the post fight interview with punchy/laggy spoken Diaz, where he said "I don't like how this things 'works'". I tend to read into things way too much (in all aspects of life) but the way I felt at that live moment, when hearing it, it signified to me that Diaz was saying this was a rigged fight (a work) and that he himself (Diaz) was supposed to get knocked out but GSP didn't go for it. That said, I know and fully accept that I am a crazy person, (I even have the paperwork to prove it) so please go easy on me.

I would like to see a new Welterweight champion, I don't care if GSP simply retires because I really don't want to see him fight again. That sounds to me crazy to say considering how good some of GSP's older fights were, I really feel there was a time he deserved everything that he had earned, but this is just a consistent waste of time watching him fight anymore.

Not to drag this on, but MMA should be about knockouts and tapouts. I want to see a rule change where unless the fight was an absolute battle, that any fight that loafs into a decision just gets called a draw. GSP obviously won a decision but the fight sucked. And more to the point Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring went to a decision and yeah, Chris Camozzi 'may' have won slightly on points, but who cares -the fight sucked and should have been called a draw (according to my standards) because who cares about a moderate televised sparring session that doesn't go anywhere. I heard the fight before that was pretty much the same boring crap.

Johny Hendricks, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger and the PED busted Nate Marquardt saved the show, two great fights. And I think them all for that, would have been a full waste of overpriced beer and taxi rides if it weren't for those guys.

Sorry for the rant/long post. Please don't chew me out ruthlessly. Thanks, cheers

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 4:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore View Post
    ^yeah same here. That fight really disappointed me. I actually got up and just paid my bar tab and took a leak during the middle of it. The two fights right before the main event were really good though and made the trip out worth it, people at the bar were really cool too.

I know it most probably wasn't, but the GSP vs. Diaz fight was so awkward it looked like it was a bad "work" (rigged fight). Diaz appeared not to be stalling but to be incapable of really doing anything seriously offensive for the majority of the fight and GSP clearly has no interest in finishing fights.

There was a long moment in the fight where they both stood up at the same time and Diaz just froze there completely motionless, and completely unprepared to duck or move, with his hands completely down at his waist and GSP just stared at him, it was so awkwardly long of a pause, and Diaz wasn't feigning anything, it looked like he was either stunned or just giving GSP an opening to land a show making hay-maker knockout so that he could just go home.... It was so odd, and right after that Diaz put his hands down again but this time he was actually ready to dodge and move if GSP were to try anything, but again, GSP just stared at him like a Lion who is unwilling to kill his prey...

The other thing, that just seemed 'odd' was the post fight interview with punchy/laggy spoken Diaz, where he said "I don't like how this things 'works'". I tend to read into things way too much (in all aspects of life) but the way I felt at that live moment, when hearing it, it signified to me that Diaz was saying this was a rigged fight (a work) and that he himself (Diaz) was supposed to get knocked out but GSP didn't go for it. That said, I know and fully accept that I am a crazy person, (I even have the paperwork to prove it) so please go easy on me.

I would like to see a new Welterweight champion, I don't care if GSP simply retires because I really don't want to see him fight again. That sounds to me crazy to say considering how good some of GSP's older fights were, I really feel there was a time he deserved everything that he had earned, but this is just a consistent waste of time watching him fight anymore.

Not to drag this on, but MMA should be about knockouts and tapouts. I want to see a rule change where unless the fight was an absolute battle, that any fight that loafs into a decision just gets called a draw. GSP obviously won a decision but the fight sucked. And more to the point Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring went to a decision and yeah, Chris Camozzi 'may' have won slightly on points, but who cares -the fight sucked and should have been called a draw (according to my standards) because who cares about a moderate televised sparring session that doesn't go anywhere. I heard the fight before that was pretty much the same boring crap.

Johny Hendricks, Carlos Condit, Jake Ellenberger and the PED busted Nate Marquardt saved the show, two great fights. And I think them all for that, would have been a full waste of overpriced beer and taxi rides if it weren't for those guys.

Sorry for the rant/long post. Please don't chew me out ruthlessly. Thanks, cheers
    i was going to write something here but i decided youre either a fucking dumbass or trying to troll so instead-

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 8:22pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    i was going to write something here but i decided youre either a fucking dumbass or trying to troll so instead-
    Why is this forum always plagued by close minded assholes?

Some advice for you.

1. option a- respond constructively option b- if you don't want to respond constructively or at least politely then just ignore it if you don't like it or don't agree
    2. Don't spread your douchebaggery around anymore for the sake of your own ego and crap forum street cred, it's not going to make you a better fighter or a better person. You might feel better about yourself, but if that's the case then their is something wrong with your personality if you enjoy being a rude fucktwat
    3. same as point 1. you might think I'm crazy or stupid, which is fine by me, but either explain why or don't comment, just being a fucking asshat accomplishes only you getting street cred from other stupid asshat's like yourself.
    4. same as above, be more useful and less full of asshole...

Thanks for your consideration -regards

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettatore View Post
    Why is this forum always plagued by close minded assholes?

Some advice for you.

1. option a- respond constructively option b- if you don't want to respond constructively or at least politely then just ignore it if you don't like it or don't agree
    2. Don't spread your douchebaggery around anymore for the sake of your own ego and crap forum street cred, it's not going to make you a better fighter or a better person. You might feel better about yourself, but if that's the case then their is something wrong with your personality if you enjoy being a rude fucktwat
    3. same as point 1. you might think I'm crazy or stupid, which is fine by me, but either explain why or don't comment, just being a fucking asshat accomplishes only you getting street cred from other stupid asshat's like yourself.
    4. same as above, be more useful and less full of asshole...

Thanks for your consideration -regards
    i would recommend getting thicker skin and a sense of humour if you think this place is plagued by close minded assholes. its the internet. people say off the cuff **** on the internet. deal. with. it.

anyway since you requested so nicely-
    I know it most probably wasn't, but the GSP vs. Diaz fight was so awkward it looked like it was a bad "work" (rigged fight).
    here i question your eyesight. both fighters threw shots that if they connected, would have ended the fight.
    Diaz appeared not to be stalling but to be incapable of really doing anything seriously offensive for the majority of the fight and GSP clearly has no interest in finishing fights.
    hes interested in winning fights. with the guys at the top of the division now, the level of skill is high. that means he isnt just going to KTFO everyone like jones/silva where they are absolutely leagues ahead of every other fighter.

There was a long moment in the fight where they both stood up at the same time and Diaz just froze there completely motionless, and completely unprepared to duck or move, with his hands completely down at his waist and GSP just stared at him, it was so awkwardly long of a pause, and Diaz wasn't feigning anything, it looked like he was either stunned or just giving GSP an opening to land a show making hay-maker knockout so that he could just go home....
    timestamp. i dont remember this happening.

being crazy isnt an excuse for being thick. diaz pisses and moans every time he loses about how he doesnt like the way fights in the ufc are scored. in fact anytime anyone puts a mic in front of him he whines like a bitch about how fights dont work the way he wants them to. have you seen nick talk before?

opinions eh. i quite enjoyed the fight. seen better, yep, seen a lot worse, yep.

you can often divide people into two camps when it comes to fighting sports- those who want to see KOs, and those who want to see good fights. im not disagreeing with you- some fights are boring tag matches. Hendo vs Machida for one. but who would decide if a fight is "exciting" enough to go to a decision instead of a draw? while a cool KO is fun to watch, im a fan of the hard fought battle. and again, we're down to opinions on what is entertaining or not. so its a moot point.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 10:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I can find a replay, I'll try to get a time-stamp for you. It wasn't round 1, but I can't remember after that. Don't you remember when Diaz purposely put his hands down and taunted Pierre, it was shortly before that stunt in the same round, when they both got up from the ground, only that time he wasn't taunting like he did later, and he wasn't composed to be ready to move, it was really awkward to watch and to see St. Pierre just stand there and stare at this opportunity.

Again if I can find a replay I'll try to get a time-stamp. I'll look, maybe someone can pm me a replay, i'll find the spot.

----

as per "but who would decide if a fight is "exciting" enough to go to a decision instead of a draw?" Just look at the Johny Hendricks, Carlos Condit fight, that went to a draw I believe, but it was an all out war and a great fight. Can't fault either guy for the bell ringing, neither of them were fucking off and it was awesome to watch, I think a fight like that should be called by points, even if it's somewhat close, (I actually thought Condit won the last round which to me is something a bit more important than just scoring more in R1 and R2 but regardless). Now if you go to the Chris Camozzi vs. Nick Ring fight (2nd fight of the night I believe) it was crap, mostly bullshitting around. I wouldn't want to see either of them fight again, and to me, to say there was a winner (on points) in a fight like that is just really meaningless, and basically the sport asking for more crap just like it. You give them a Draw and it will start to get embarrassing with too many lame fights, marked as draws on your record. Sure every fighters going to get some legitimate draws but not a ton of them if they are fighting to win all the time, the ***** foots will get weeded out quicker that way, that's what I'm getting at. Encouraging fighters with a win on their record just for being slightly better at ***** futting is bad form IMO.

Agreed about what you said about Diaz, guys a good guy but he's a head case, can't fault him for that, **** happens in life that can lead ya that way, but that's the way it is plain and simple. I just think that it was an odd thing to say with the language he used, again, I said I was being nutty about that 'work' part but the other comments about the actual fight, Diaz being outclassed/incapable of putting together a serious offense for the majority of the show, and against Pierre stalling techniques, well that's just how I feel about these boring Pierre fights. Pierre had him way outclassed, and was not in much if any danger in at all in the first 3 rounds, and really, with such a huge advantage, he just doesn't get anywhere.

If people don't complain (and people have been starting to now with Pierre, he's not going to adjust and if we are stuck with him for a longer while it's just a waste for all of us). As a fan from the first live PPV of UFC 1 and how good the UFC has gotten over the past several years, it's justified to gripe when we know how good Pierre really is, and the show he's capable of putting on if he would loosen up and get more aggressive to go with his dominance and control.

I'm hoping either Hendrick's or Anderson Silva fight GSP next and get an interesting fight to happen at the least and end the reign of championship Decisions (I think he's on his 7th decision victory in a row now... He did put a swelling on Koscheck though so I guess you could call that a small break in the in-action but at the same time, he couldn't even finish that and Koshcheck was literally helpless that entire fight) Silva will kill Pierre, and it's sounding more and more like that fight is in the process of getting set up. Hendrick's I'm not so sure will fair any better than the others who get dragged into aggravating decisions.

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 1:47am

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kind of liked the technical stuff going on around the ground game of both Diaz and GSP.

I realised he was being really careful of Diaz' style of grappling, and also stood and struck with him which was supposed to be "Diaz' thing" but he never looked like he fucking pulled his finger out and went at it.

Again, he seems to get pissed off when others don't play the game he wants, so he packs up his toys and leaves (after losing). He seems to want to entice the other fighter into fighting his game directly, and if they don't they are a "bitch fighter", which is bullshit.

I did like that, in comparision to other GSP fights, GSP was actually trying to damage Diaz on the ground when he could, even if he wasn't able to put him away. I do feel like the nearing equality in skill level in the WW division does have something to do with this style of fighting as well.
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 2:10am

Style: Striking, grappling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Spoiler:

Diaz had nothing and GSP cements his legacy as a boring fighter.
    GSP did a great job of controlling range with that jab and taking down at will.

Condit fucking brings it!
    Great chin as well.

Seriously though, Diaz may be a dimwit, but you can't deny that the wrestlers have an advantage and it doesn't make the show any better.
    So you get points for top control and takedowns, but are you the better fighter when you do?

Anyway I want a Diaz Condit rematch, with less at stake it, it might be the fight we'd expected the first time.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 4:28am

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hendricks !
    Looking forward to seeing this guy get a title shot.
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 5:24am

Style: not training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was finally able to get back into the bar for this. Had a lot of fun, even hanging out with someone who wanted Diaz to win.

Felt the Hendricks fight was the best of the night with Cote coming in second.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast