• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 8:09am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Given that the Snopes page includes a total repudiation of the story by NAM-POW along with a request that people stop spreading the bullshit story, what exactly do you think is left to be done, other than further annoy the 7 POWs (or however many of them are still with us) who have endlessly denied that these things ever happened?

I mean, I understand that it is hard to believe that there would be a fake story on facebook, with its rigorous editorial policies, but somehow, I'll take the word of the men who were there over what somebody claims somebody said 37 years ago but they have saved until now to post on facebook.

This insult to American POWs in Viet Nam belongs in Trollshido for sure.

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 8:45am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The poor know only one thing

It is better to be rich
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 9:25am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My favorite part of the Snopes page was the president of NAM-POWs statement:

Quote Originally Posted by Mick McGrath
    Please assist by not propagating this story. Fonda did enough bad things to assure her a correct place in the garbage dumps of history. We don't want to be party to false stories, which could be used as an excuse that her real actions didn't really happen either.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12