Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202627282930 3132 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/15/2013 5:01am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    You don't comprehend. Accept it. If it was such a **** post I would've been called on it, I expect to be called on it. You in your little bubble can't accept that, hell you tried to argue with a judo instructor before you shut the **** up and listened.
    Quote me where I did this.

I don't give a **** if it gets Trollshido, I fucking just got done asking for all our **** to be moved there. I can see why your ex is your ex, I wouldn't be able to put with you either.
    Then maybe stop trying to catch my attention all the time. You're really sending me mixed signals here. It's just not fair to my heart.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2013 9:49pm

Style: GJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by loki09789 View Post
    Hoban has been channeling this 'service minded' approach to martial arts for a long time. I agree with you Tom. I think that the clearest read on this is to simple take it as a 'mission statement' about how to live life in general… just like educators and corporate leaders all seem to be calling themselves "agents for change" these days instead of 'LEADERS'…

When I see Hoban or his students dragging purse snatchers into Police Stations making citizens arrests.. or lecturing people for J Walking.. then I will have to adjust my opinion.
    Hoban is a cult sub leader. Period. he is looked at as messiah like among his minions. one of his top students told me openly it is in fact a cult. With a structured hierarchy. The flock to his "seminars" spring lake new jersey every other weekend and when their not going to his seminar, the lower ranks and like 17th degree black belts are teaming up and holding theirs. theres a vacuumof followers right now or "kyus" or belts from which bleed money from right now. times are tough i guess in the kan....but i can assure you that if you bad mouth or so much as disagree with the bullshit he spews you will be ex communicated from the church. same if you dont spend your money on his ethical warrior bullshit. spend money quick or be an outsider and never get youre b.b. all i can say is train b.j.j. at least the **** works.

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 5:30am

Style: Arnis/Kenpo hybrid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    Hoban is a cult sub leader. Period. he is looked at as messiah like among his minions. one of his top students told me openly it is in fact a cult. With a structured hierarchy. The flock to his "seminars" spring lake new jersey every other weekend and when their not going to his seminar, the lower ranks and like 17th degree black belts are teaming up and holding theirs. theres a vacuumof followers right now or "kyus" or belts from which bleed money from right now. times are tough i guess in the kan....but i can assure you that if you bad mouth or so much as disagree with the bullshit he spews you will be ex communicated from the church. same if you dont spend your money on his ethical warrior bullshit. spend money quick or be an outsider and never get youre b.b. all i can say is train b.j.j. at least the **** works.
    Sounds similar to Prather and his Warriorschool/Bracelet cult....this is the first time I've ever heard this kind of thing associated with Hoban.
    Last edited by tgace; 3/17/2013 5:34am at .

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 5:53am

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 7:09am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to hear more...

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this, or is it all second-hand?

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 8:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: 血鷲

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I'd like to hear more...

Do you have first-hand knowledge of this, or is it all second-hand?
    There's a pretty conundrum for Illadelphia.

Admit it's all second-hand and get challenged on possible BS.

Admit it's all first-hand and be labelled an imbecile for having attended.

Well played, Styygens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 10:47am

Style: GJJ,MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    There's a pretty conundrum for Illadelphia.

Admit it's all second-hand and get challenged on possible BS.

Admit it's all first-hand and be labelled an imbecile for having attended.

Well played, Styygens.
    just got done a tournament..fun times! But exhausted. First hand knowledge..if there's a specific question you wanna ask pm me.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    3/17/2013 7:33pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .if there's a specific question you wanna ask pm me.
    No, you've publicly claimed serious things (ie. running a cult) about a real person.

Post what you know here publicy then, or shut the **** up and get the **** off the website for another six months or so.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/17/2013 7:36pm at .

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 5:11am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No, you've publicly claimed serious things (ie. running a cult) about a real person.

Post what you know here publicy then, or shut the **** up and get the **** off the website for another six months or so.
    I'm with Wabbit.

I'm not really sure what to ask and I since you made the allegation in public, I think you need to provide at least a foundation of evidence in public. What specific behaviors have you seen or experienced that you think are similar to a dangerous cult? If it looks like you're really getting into sensitive matters, it might be wise to move to private messages.

Generally, I think the Booj is a Hatsumi "cult of personality." The whole "psuedo-koryu" attitude they create doesn't help matters. With a few exceptions, like Jeff Prather, I don't think this is dangerous; just odd. (The only analogy springing to mind is SCA, where they're odd, but do some neat stuff, and are mostly harmless.) I've never heard anything about Jack Hoban except that he's a nice guy, has a good singing voice, is knowledgable about Budo Taijutsu, and believes in his Ethical Warrior philosophy. But I've never met him, so I have zero first hand knowledge.

So what have you got?

Posted On:
    3/18/2013 5:19am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this about the Booj in general or Hoban in particular?