Page 30 of 32 First ... 2026272829303132 Last
  1. #291
    tgace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,506
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

  2. #292
    Styygens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,178
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    Hoban is a cult sub leader. Period. he is looked at as messiah like among his minions. one of his top students told me openly it is in fact a cult. With a structured hierarchy. The flock to his "seminars" spring lake new jersey every other weekend and when their not going to his seminar, the lower ranks and like 17th degree black belts are teaming up and holding theirs. theres a vacuumof followers right now or "kyus" or belts from which bleed money from right now. times are tough i guess in the kan....but i can assure you that if you bad mouth or so much as disagree with the bullshit he spews you will be ex communicated from the church. same if you dont spend your money on his ethical warrior bullshit. spend money quick or be an outsider and never get youre b.b. all i can say is train b.j.j. at least the **** works.
    I'd like to hear more...

    Do you have first-hand knowledge of this, or is it all second-hand?

  3. #293

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,271
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    I'd like to hear more...

    Do you have first-hand knowledge of this, or is it all second-hand?
    There's a pretty conundrum for Illadelphia.

    Admit it's all second-hand and get challenged on possible BS.

    Admit it's all first-hand and be labelled an imbecile for having attended.

    Well played, Styygens.

  4. #294

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieux Normand View Post
    There's a pretty conundrum for Illadelphia.

    Admit it's all second-hand and get challenged on possible BS.

    Admit it's all first-hand and be labelled an imbecile for having attended.

    Well played, Styygens.
    just got done a tournament..fun times! But exhausted. First hand knowledge..if there's a specific question you wanna ask pm me.

  5. #295
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,427
    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    .if there's a specific question you wanna ask pm me.
    No, you've publicly claimed serious things (ie. running a cult) about a real person.

    Post what you know here publicy then, or shut the **** up and get the **** off the website for another six months or so.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/17/2013 7:36pm at .

  6. #296
    Styygens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,178
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    No, you've publicly claimed serious things (ie. running a cult) about a real person.

    Post what you know here publicy then, or shut the **** up and get the **** off the website for another six months or so.
    I'm with Wabbit.

    I'm not really sure what to ask and I since you made the allegation in public, I think you need to provide at least a foundation of evidence in public. What specific behaviors have you seen or experienced that you think are similar to a dangerous cult? If it looks like you're really getting into sensitive matters, it might be wise to move to private messages.

    Generally, I think the Booj is a Hatsumi "cult of personality." The whole "psuedo-koryu" attitude they create doesn't help matters. With a few exceptions, like Jeff Prather, I don't think this is dangerous; just odd. (The only analogy springing to mind is SCA, where they're odd, but do some neat stuff, and are mostly harmless.) I've never heard anything about Jack Hoban except that he's a nice guy, has a good singing voice, is knowledgable about Budo Taijutsu, and believes in his Ethical Warrior philosophy. But I've never met him, so I have zero first hand knowledge.

    So what have you got?

  7. #297
    tgace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    1,506
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    Hoban is a cult sub leader. Period. he is looked at as messiah like among his minions. one of his top students told me openly it is in fact a cult. With a structured hierarchy. The flock to his "seminars" spring lake new jersey every other weekend and when their not going to his seminar, the lower ranks and like 17th degree black belts are teaming up and holding theirs. theres a vacuumof followers right now or "kyus" or belts from which bleed money from right now. times are tough i guess in the kan....but i can assure you that if you bad mouth or so much as disagree with the bullshit he spews you will be ex communicated from the church. same if you dont spend your money on his ethical warrior bullshit. spend money quick or be an outsider and never get youre b.b. all i can say is train b.j.j. at least the **** works.
    Is this about the Booj in general or Hoban in particular?

  8. #298
    Permalost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    13,092
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fucking Christ, itwasn'tme, just as you manage to **** up a thread with the merits of Hitler, you take a thread on the merits of Hitler and **** it up even worse!

  9. #299
    Styygens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,178
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Is this about the Booj in general or Hoban in particular?
    Touche.

  10. #300
    itwasntme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Norf Carolina, throw ya hands up
    Posts
    1,715
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Fucking Christ, itwasn'tme, just as you manage to **** up a thread with the merits of Hitler, you take a thread on the merits of Hitler and **** it up even worse!
    You know not that of which you speak, honeyboo!!

Page 30 of 32 First ... 2026272829303132 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO