222437 Bullies, 4483 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 311
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 7:39am


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: A Ninja Ex-Marine Captain Speaks: What It Means to Be a Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by Syphilis View Post
    I'm not going to defend hitler. The mongols however, were actually pretty radical. They let everyone who submitted* live their lives as before, did not force religion on people or anything. The taxes just went to different people, who actually did all kinds of things with it. (pony express type deal across Eurasia for example).
    If that worked for them, that's cool. Different strokes for different folks, and whatnot.

    The vikings were a bunch of raiders basically, they barely fought anyone that could defend themselves. Their skill was having ships that could speedily go inland a whole bunch and then retreat, so that they could strike anywhere and the local lord would always be too late with his troops.

    *They did kill you, your family, friends, animals, offspring, things you had looked at once, and burned it to the ground if you did not submit.
    They barely fought anybody that could defend themselves? Sources?

    Even if that's true, you basically just said they were the forefathers of guerrilla warfare, and that's just awesome. No wonder they were in such high demand as bodyguards for royalty.

    And yes, they did kill families. To provide for their own. That's the animal instinct I was talking about. Also, I'm sure they didn't kill everybody. Like I said, I'm not exactly sure what your sources are, just bear in mind that this was one culture that didn't write a lot down, and didn't depending on the time, didn't even have a written alphabet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Nope.

    I'd also argue that his "caring about the welfare of his people" was pretty much always part of his building his cult, since most of it was handed out in combination with lots of propaganda.
    I'm open to new information. Who did?
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  2. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    969

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 8:29am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

    I'm open to new information. Who did?
    Konrad Adenauer.
  3. Moenstah is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    728

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 10:26am


     Style: 空手 / &#2147

    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Umm, Hitler should be commended for a quite a few of his actions. For starters, he actually cared about the welfare of his people; a trait few leaders possess.
    The welfare and holidays were meant to improve their quality as workers/soldiers, not their well being in general. He had the mentally handicapped parts of his people exterminated at the same time. Not to mention he started a war that cost the German people dearly, and tarnished their name for a long time.


    The guy mass produced (reliable) cars to be sold for low prices across Germany.
    Meh, the majority of those cars all those poor labourers were saving for got confiscated for the war effort.

    He invented the fucking highway.
    He didn't invent it. Parts of the highway programme were already executed before his government was in power.

    He volunteered to be on the front lines, serving his country. Do I really need to keep going?
    He didn't serve his country, he was an Austrian, enlisting in German service because he was a fucking racist that couldn't stand serving in a multiethnical army for a multiethnical state. He was brave though.
  4. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 10:49am


     Style: being less stupid

    -4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: A Ninja Ex-Marine Captain Speaks: What It Means to Be a Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    The welfare and holidays were meant to improve their quality as workers/soldiers, not their well being in general.
    Which was meant to strengthen Germany as a nation, therefore, good for the people.

    He had the mentally handicapped parts of his people exterminated at the same time. Not to mention he started a war that cost the German people dearly, and tarnished their name for a long time.
    I'm not absolving Hitler for his war crimes and other atrocities, merely pointing out that he wasn't all bad contra to tgace's statement.

    Meh, the majority of those cars all those poor labourers were saving for got confiscated for the war effort.
    Due to an unfortunate turn of events, as you pointed out.

    He didn't invent it. Parts of the highway programme were already executed before his government was in power.
    Yes, I've been reading a little on this. Whether he invented it or not, he felt it important enough to invest more time and money in, now highways are all over the world. Stiil a step in the helpful direction.

    He didn't serve his country, he was an Austrian, enlisting in German service because he was a fucking racist that couldn't stand serving in a multiethnical army for a multiethnical state. He was brave though.
    Whatever his intentions, he served for what he supported.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  5. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    969

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 11:08am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Which was meant to strengthen Germany as a nation, therefore, good for the people.



    I'm not absolving Hitler for his war crimes and other atrocities, merely pointing out that he wasn't all bad contra to tgace's statement.



    Due to an unfortunate turn of events, as you pointed out.



    Yes, I've been reading a little on this. Whether he invented it or not, he felt it important enough to invest more time and money in, now highways are all over the world. Stiil a step in the helpful direction.



    Whatever his intentions, he served for what he supported.
    You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

    He considered the Autobahn to be important to move troops faster. Still, only very little of it was actually built during his reign, with a lot less workers that have been forcibly recruited, for the most part.

    The rest of what you wrote is too idiotic to even adress. I guess this is one of those "itwasntme argues himself into a hole" instances.
  6. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    969

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 11:10am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double post.

    Just one thing: the only reason Hitler's getting credit for the Autobahn thing is because there are still enough idiots that are buying into that myth because they're too lazy to educate themselves.
  7. Moenstah is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    728

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 11:13am


     Style: 空手 / &#2147

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Which was meant to strengthen Germany as a nation, therefore, good for the people.
    I specifically wrote what the Nazi regime did with a part of its population, in 1 paragraph...

    Oh and don't forget the Nero Order at the end of the war. In the end, even the German people could go to hell, as far as he was concerned


    merely pointing out that he wasn't all bad contra to tgace's statement.
    He had a (very) few positive things, but that's like saying that Yersinia Pestis has good effects as well: it keeps the immune system nicely on edge, and the mutated gene responsible for it seems to be related to a minute group that isn't affected by HIV. The balance isn't that positive when it comes to making a verdict on Hitler's positive vs. negative deeds, is it?


    Due to an unfortunate turn of events, as you pointed out.

    whahahaha hahahaahaa hahahaahaha. It was conscious policy, don't make it appear as if it was a lamentable, unforseeable course of events, out of Nazi regime's control.



    Yes, I've been reading a little on this. Whether he invented it or not, he felt it important enough to invest more time and money in, now highways are all over the world.
    In order to better enslave the world.
  8. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 11:15am


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: A Ninja Ex-Marine Captain Speaks: What It Means to Be a Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    The rest of what you wrote goes against my way of thinking, so I won't even support my argument that you don't know what you're talking about.
    Typical apologists.
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
  9. Azatdawn is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    969

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 11:22am


     Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Typical apologists.
    Yes. I apologize for not doing your work for you.
  10. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,575

    Posted On:
    3/03/2013 11:33am


     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Re: A Ninja Ex-Marine Captain Speaks: What It Means to Be a Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Yes. I apologize for not doing your work for you.
    You haven't done any work. Period. My point was that he had done some good. I was not arguing what he may have done later, or what his intentions may have been with said actions, only that some were helpful.

    Who gives a **** if I didn't do my homework for your strawman arguments?
    Start a training log!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.