Sponsored Links Spacer Image

:)

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 8:19am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I thought Hitler invented the highway. I thought he cared for his people, though I didn't know who his people were. I thought most world leaders don't care for the people they govern BUT HITLER DID. I thought Hitler personally filled Germany with fleets of joy-through-strength cars, and also came up with the idea. I thought the KKK was an anti wife beating club that got scapegoated with the stigma of being violent bigots. I like to haggle over history, even though I don't seem to know any.
    Yes. You have ruled this thread, with your wide base of knowledge, and clever reasoning.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 8:48am

Style: 空手 / &#2147

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lolwut Itwasntme, were you actually quoting from www.hitler.org? lololololol. Doesn't anything strike you as odd about that website

oh you really made my day :D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 8:50am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    lolwut Itwasntme, were you actually quoting from www.hitler.org? lololololol. Doesn't anything strike you as odd about that website

Well, they say that they're unbiased, so it has to be true, right?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 8:51am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Glad someone else noticed that little link!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 8:57am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be honest, I couldn't be bothered to really look at it before, but... this website is hilarious in the most cynical way.

The name given to the car in 1938 was Kraft durch Freude (KdF-Wagen, literally "strength through joy car")
    Well, joy is good, right? Strength is good, too? Must be a great thing.

Not to mention the fact that they call some doodle on a napkin a design of a prototype... absolutely brilliant.

Hey, I designed the prototype for a flying car in elementary school, if that ever gets build, better give me props.
    Last edited by Azatdawn; 3/12/2013 9:01am at .

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 9:01am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread reminds me of a certain passage,

There are two fundamentally different kinds of speakers: those who use reasoning, and those who speak from the heart. They reach two different sorts of people, those who understand through reason, and those who understand through the heart. Speakers who aim for the reason are generally found in parliaments, those who speak from the heart speak to the people.

The speaker who uses reason, if he is to be effective, must command a wide range of statistical and factual material. He must be a master of dialectic as the pianist is master of the keyboard. With ice cold logic, he develops his line of thinking and draws irrefutable conclusions. He is most effective with people who work primarily or exclusively with reason. Big and compelling successes are denied him. He does not understand how to fire up the masses for a great cause. He is limited to educational discourse. Since he is cold, he leaves his listeners cold. At best he persuades people, but never mobilizes them and sets them marching regardless of their own ideas or the element of personal risk involved.

The speaker from the heart is different. He may have the skills of the master of reasoning. They are, however, only tools he uses as a true rhetorical virtuoso. He has abilities not found in the reasoning speaker. He combines clear diction with simple argumentation, and instinct tells him what to say and how to say it. Language is united with ideas. He knows the secret corners and aspects of the mass soul and knows how to reach and touch them. His speeches are masterpieces of declamation. He outlines people and conditions; he inscribes his theses on the tablet of the age; with deep and noble passion he explains the pillars of his world view. His voice reaches out from the depths of his blood into the depths of the souls of his listeners. He brings to expression the secrets of the human soul. He rouses the tired and lazy, fires up the indifferent and the doubting, turns cowards into men and weaklings into heroes.

These rhetorical geniuses are the drummers of fate. They begin their work alone in dark and dismal historical epochs and suddenly and unexpectedly find themselves in the spotlight of new developments. They are the speakers that make history.

As any great man, a gifted speaker has his individual style. He can only speak as he is. His words are written into his body. He speaks his own language, whether in posters or letters, essays, addresses or speeches.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 9:02am

Style: JiuJistu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just pointing out that KdF "Kraft durch Freude" was a "social program" and the car was for members of that program. Thus it sounds a bit out of place.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 9:02am

Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!

I was wondering when somebody was going to bring that up lol. I saw that bit of information from a few sources, none that I would consider academic by any means, but I figured if franginho can quote Wikipedia...

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 9:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I was wondering when somebody was going to bring that up lol. I saw that bit of information from a few sources, none that I would consider academic by any means, but I figured if franginho can quote Wikipedia...
    There is a difference between tertiary and misleading sources, look it up. No, his link and the one you provided are not in the same realm.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/12/2013 9:16am at .

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 9:32am

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    There is a difference between tertiary and misleading sources, look it up. No, his link and the one you provided are not in the same realm.
    My mistake. It appears that my first paragraph should be omitted. Like I said, I had read that elsewhere, but mainly angelfire type pages that didn't appear to have any real agenda other than to provide information. I did not intend to mislead with my statement.

I found contrary statements on Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_Werlin
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 24252627 ... LastLast