You cheated on me?!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 11:17am

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    If this is your position, can you specify which action(s) in particular you think make this so and *why* they make him commendable?

While I totally disagree that he should be commended for anything he did; and giving him any kind of credit for the abominable actions he procured upon hapless victims. I have to be the devils advocate here and say that his sciences and medical research (though well below any moral or ethical practices) as well as engineering feats catapulted both medical and engineering advancements around the world.

On one hand to use any of the medical research he acquired by slaughtering and torturing people is somewhat unethical; to not use it to the benefits of man kind and advancement of medicine would mean that lives would have been lost in vain and entirely for nothing.

I can not condone his method or his practices; the practices which should not have seen daylight under any circumstances. But to say he achieved nothing would be factually wrong. No matter how disturbing. And it may actually be legitimate to commend him on his engineering practices.

While the practice and application of something may be evil or deceptive the end result can be used for good. At that point I guess it depends on your views of good and / or evil as to weather its commendable or not and that becomes a moral and ethical issue. He can be commended for his research for instance; but not for his practices.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 11:38am

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    I have to be the devils advocate here and say that his sciences and medical research (though well below any moral or ethical practices) as well as engineering feats catapulted both medical and engineering advancements around the world.
    Can you name a few?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 11:51am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    Can you name a few?
    I find it hard to believe that you read Ignoscant's post and felt he was ready to take part in this conversation. Poster's opening sentence stated Hitler should not be commended for anything, yet poster couldn't make it out of the first paragraph without offering commendations; yes, plural. I call troll, Mr. "You won't listen to me, all the while I won't listen to you; conversation over!!".

Chuck: To properly include my sources, give me a little time please.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:11pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    I find it hard to believe that you read Ignoscant's post and felt he was ready to take part in this conversation. Poster's opening sentence stated Hitler should not be commended for anything, yet poster couldn't make it out of the first paragraph without offering commendations; yes, plural. I call troll, Mr. "You won't listen to me, all the while I won't listen to you; conversation over!!".

Chuck: To properly include my sources, give me a little time please.

My personal opinion based on emotion and feelings:
    While I totally disagree that he should be commended for anything he did; and giving him any kind of credit for the abominable actions he procured upon hapless victims.

My objectification of the situation based on information I have acquired through books and research for various reasons:
    I have to be the devils advocate here and say that his sciences and medical research (though well below any moral or ethical practices) as well as engineering feats catapulted both medical and engineering advancements around the world.

While the two contradict; my personal feelings on the situation and the more factual actual happenings also don't necessarily run parallel.

As for the advancements - unfortunately that would be dependent on your resources. It would take time to investigate both books and websites and discredit claims and notions that are made up fan fiction and some fuzzy historical facts of who claims to be on who's side.

In the end it still comes down to who has what stance on what moral and ethical issues and weather or not you're a troll or genuinely curious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for the advancements - unfortunately that would be dependent on your resources.
    Just name a few and leave the rest to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:36pm

Style: Nihon Koryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I for one am still quite curious what medical insights the nazis gained with their experiments. Could you give a specific example perhaps?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:53pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is the sentence that is causing you trouble.

Extraordinarily Ordinary

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 1:12pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD, CMA & American Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moenstah View Post
    I for one am still quite curious what medical insights the nazis gained with their experiments. Could you give a specific example perhaps?
    Extensive bio-medical research into hypothermia and pioneering innovation in transplant surgery.

They also experimented with the lithium-ammonia reduction(sort of Birch) Method of manufacturing methamphetamine. The human lab-rat thing is saddening.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 1:24pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    Extensive bio-medical research into hypothermia
    *dropping people in ice water to see how long it took until they died (feel free to correct me there)
    Quote Originally Posted by slamdunc View Post
    pioneering innovation in transplant surgery
    What were the innovations, exactly?
    Last edited by Azatdawn; 3/11/2013 1:27pm at .