Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 10:44am

supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Solution would be the wrong term. It's in the past, so it's a matter of history, not arbitration. You want to haggle what's already passed, instead of READING ABOUT HISTORY, so you'll then KNOW what's passed.
    Yes, that would have been a good starting point. I have been reading up on this, though, as the conversation peaked my interest in certain aspects of VW history.

Sorry for the poor word choice.

Well, do you love the KKK? They want(ed) to do some "good" for a select group of people, at others' expense. How about the mafia? They want to help a few people (mobsters) at others expense.
    Why are you so hung up on this theory that I'm somehow emotionally attached to this? It seems like you are trying to move the conversation to defining the overall morality of a person instead of certain actions they may have taken.

As far as the KKK is concerned, didn't they start out as a vigilante group that would lynch or beat to a pulp men who would beat their wives? If I recall, a select group of members from the Klan used the group as a sort of scapegoat for their own purposes, eventually (d)evolving into what we now think of when someone mentions the KKK.

In reference to mobsters, I'm not even gonna touch that. Too much extra homework.

By your logic, extortion rackets, slavery, murder-for-hire, racism, bigotry, genocide can all be called "some good" as they are intended to benefit somebody.
    Could be considered so, by a naive simpleton or someone with an agenda.
    No, by my logic, bad people can do good things.

What's this "agenda" lol? Are you saying you don't have one?

Correct. This is because it's a disingenuous rehash of your initial stance, and not much else.
    Fortunately, I'm sticking to my initial stance that Hitler should be commended for some of his actions.
    Last edited by itwasntme; 3/10/2013 10:47am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 7:53pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    More lies and unevidenced bullshit
    Fixed to reduce fucktardedness

Nope, Chen, everyone who has read our long, boring, stupid argument knows that you are trying to engage in bullshit hairsplitting, claiming that you were discussing a "chronology" between two simultaneously posted sentences in a single paragraph (ultra-fucktarded by any standard). It is clear from the context and from English usage that this is a blatant lie.

Your "chronology" was that the argument changed from one about commendation to one about morality after Azatdawn got involved, not between sentences 1 and 2 of itwasntme's first paragraph about Hitler. The evidence for this is in a series of posts back and forth between us in this thread. Since meaning depends on context, sometimes there isn't a conveniently clippable quotation. The evidence is readily available to anyone weird enough to want to check.

But everyone ALREADY KNOWS that you are a bald-faced, ****-sucking liar when you claim that the "chronology" that you clarified (within what you pointed out was a series of a great many posts over several days) WAS A "CHRONOLOGY" BETWEEN THE FIRST AND SECOND SENTENCES OF THE SAME FUCKING PARAGRAPH.

Any person of normal intelligence who reads that knows it is a steaming pile of ****.

I don't need any elaborate set of quotations piecing together what the chronology you actually (mistakenly) described was, because we all know that your current claim is one of the stupidest and most obvious lies ever offered by someone desperately trying to squirm out from under a pile of his own ****.

Anyway, I'm now done responding to your lies in this thread. Since you seem to lack a capacity to be embarrassed by saying obviously false things, there's not much point in pointing out to you how obviously false they are, and goodness knows everyone else must be sick of this.

I'll know that you aren't worth wasting rational discussion (as in the first few posts) on in the future. You're just a logic-impaired, dishonest troll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 1:43am

Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I couldn't look away and god help me I made it to the end...

Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    As far as the KKK is concerned, didn't they start out as a vigilante group that would lynch or beat to a pulp men who would beat their wives? If I recall, a select group of members from the Klan used the group as a sort of scapegoat for their own purposes, eventually (d)evolving into what we now think of when someone mentions the KKK.
    I couldn't help but notice you've been pretty hot on "if you want to be taken all seriously like me you'd best throw down a source".

You want to serve up a credible one for us, pumpkin?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 3:08am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lv1Sierpinski View Post
    I couldn't help but notice you've been pretty hot on "if you want to be taken all seriously like me you'd best throw down a source".

You want to serve up a credible one for us, pumpkin?
    You want a source for a question, and my explanation for why I posed it?

I'm sure if some who actually lives in the US thought differently, they would have said so. However, when I have some time to do the research, I will.

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 4:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    *More meltdown whining, including RED letters!*
    STFU Chuckie.
    You are a liar, and i've exposed your thin veneer.
    Wabbit was right about you, and itwasn'tme fooled you.
    Hahahahahaaaaaa!!!!
    Go nurse your butthurt elsewhere.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 5:10am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a link to a brief summary of the origins of the Ku Klux Klan.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/jimcrow/stories_org_kkk.html

It started as a sort of fraternal society for former Confederate soldiers at the end of the Civil War. It evolved within a couple of years into a terrorist organization aimed at undermining the exercise by black southerners of their rights to education and political participation through murder, arson, and other means of terror.

Eventually, the federal government curtailed this first version of the KKK, although this was substantially aided by white northerners abandoning black southerners and allowing the former Confederate states to de facto go back on all of their commitments to recognizing the rights of black people as citizens (which didn't change until the 1940s).

There was a second KKK movement that started in 1915 and was revived in the 1950s-1960s, which still limps along today. They hate a much broader range of people (adding Jews, Catholics, and immigrants), and were for a time in the 1920s a major national political force, virtually running certain states (including Indiana and Colorado).

:)

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 6:27am

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as the KKK is concerned, didn't they start out as a vigilante group that would lynch or beat to a pulp men who would beat their wives?
    No.
    If I recall, a select group of members from the Klan used the group as a sort of scapegoat for their own purposes, eventually (d)evolving into what we now think of when someone mentions the KKK.
    No.
    In reference to mobsters, I'm not even gonna touch that. Too much extra homework.
    Oh?

Links to Hitler's niceness plz.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 7:04am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    No.

No.
    Oh?

Links to Hitler's niceness plz.
    Fair enough, it's not like we're discussing the intentions of a group anyway. They very well could have done something most people could agree was commendable. Hell, the Hells Angels participate in Toys for Tots runs.

Which brings me to my next point:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/def...mend?q=commend
    Definition of commend
    verb
    [with object]
    1praise formally or officially:
    he was commended by the judge for his courageous actions
    present as suitable for approval or acceptance; recommend:
    I commend her to you without reservation
    cause to be acceptable or pleasing:
    this recording has a lot to commend it
    2 (commend someone/something to) entrust someone or something to:
    I commend them to your care
    Phrases

commend me to

archaic remember me kindly to (someone):
    commend me to my son, and bid him rule better than I
    Origin:

Middle English: from Latin commendare, from com- (expressing intensive force) + mandare 'commit, entrust'. Compare with command
    Note, there is nothing that states or implies that an action or person is required to be "nice" in order to be commendable.

I have provided links to the main issue being discussed, which is the VW one. They have, in my opinion, supported my claim that Hitler should be commended for some of his actions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 9:04am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which brings me to my next point:

http://oxforddictionaries.com/us/def...mend?q=commend

Note, there is nothing that states or implies that an action or person is required to be "nice" in order to be commendable.

I have provided links to the main issue being discussed, which is the VW one. They have, in my opinion, supported my claim that Hitler should be commended for some of his actions.
    Since you aren't (I assume) saying that Hitler should be given a Nobel Prize or the Legion d'Honneur or some other official / formal commendation, I take it that you are saying that the relevant definition is the second part of definition #1.

That is, you are claiming that Hitler performed some action(s) regarding Volkswagens for which he should be commended in the sense that he should be "present[ed] as suitable for approval or acceptance." Or, given our context, I think this would be fair:

Hitler performed some action(s) concerning Volkswagens for which he should be viewed with approval.

If this is your position, can you specify which action(s) in particular you think make this so and *why* they make him commendable?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 10:51am

Style: Injured

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calm down doofa don't do this to yourself.

For the sake of the baby.