223758 Bullies, 3654 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 131 to 140 of 311
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 1516171824 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,596

    Posted On:
    3/08/2013 5:47pm

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    Correct. That's because I wasn't addressing that, and was musing on your wrongness on another matter.
    Ok.

    false dichotomies iz phun!
    Apparently.
  2. bobyclumsyninja is offline
    bobyclumsyninja's Avatar

    :)

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bahstun
    Posts
    7,057

    Posted On:
    3/08/2013 6:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    ?????
  3. ChenPengFi is online now
    ChenPengFi's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hawai'i
    Posts
    3,226

    Posted On:
    3/08/2013 7:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    I'll agree with your point about itwasntme's statement. But Chen still showed less than his usual reading comprehension level when he (a) stated dogmatically that the first sentence was the whole of itwasntme's original point about Hitler
    Ok, now you're being a dumbass.
    I never did any such thing Mister Reading Comprehension, i said it was first.
    I even made a point about saying "everything else came after".

    , which is only one possible reading (and makes the second sentence very puzzling),
    It's only puzzling if you do not first recognize that itwasn'tme is an absolute moron, and that he changed his stance numerous times.


    (b) given a poor thumbnail characterization of Azatdawn's replies,
    I assume you meant "gave"?
    (It's time you stopped giving me English lessons.)
    No you are incorrect again, it's not a "thumbnail".
    I was referring to one specific post, thus "argumenT".


    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post

    I'd also argue that his "caring about the welfare of his people" was pretty much always part of his building his cult, since most of it was handed out in combination with lots of propaganda.
    He even called it his argument, had you been paying attention.


    and (c) misrepresented how what I argued related to their argument.
    No, i corrected you on the chronology and content, and those corrections stand.
  4. ChuckWepner is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago / Michigan
    Posts
    391

    Posted On:
    3/08/2013 8:35pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenPengFi View Post
    Ok, now you're being a dumbass.
    I never did any such thing Mister Reading Comprehension, i said it was first.
    I even made a point about saying "everything else came after".

    It's only puzzling if you do not first recognize that itwasn'tme is an absolute moron, and that he changed his stance numerous times.

    I assume you meant "gave"?
    (It's time you stopped giving me English lessons.)
    No you are incorrect again, it's not a "thumbnail".
    I was referring to one specific post, thus "argumenT".

    He even called it his argument, had you been paying attention.

    No, i corrected you on the chronology and content, and those corrections stand.
    itwasntme didn't change his original point between the first and second sentence of his first pro-Hitler paragraph, so your "correcting" me as to what his original position was by ignoring the second sentence and arbitrarily choosing a less plausible interpretation of the first sentence was a piece of fucktardedness on your part, Chen. There is (in any relevant sense) no chronological separation between the first and second sentences of the same paragraph. You are being a dipshit, not correcting me or clarifying any chronology.

    Your statement of Azatdawn's argument was garbled and semi-coherent. I was being generous when I described it as a poor thumbnail sketch of his position.

    You didn't correct me on anything, since your first "correction" was full of dubious interpretation and your second was very badly expressed and irrelevant, since I was disagreeing with *both* of their positions.

    Then you made some pinheaded comment about my argument that implied that I agreed with Azatdawn's position. This showed that you hadn't understand what I said.

    Ordinarily, your posts are intelligent and, whether I agree with you or not, worth reading. The posts you've made replying to me in this thread have been sloppy and gratuitously insulting.

    Good catch on "given" vs. "gave." My shame at missing that when I changed that sentence will weigh upon me, but I will try to carry on.
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    3/08/2013 9:48pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post

    Also, and here I take my life in my own hands, "vagary" is not a synonym for "vagueness." A vagary is a whim or a quirk, something unpredictable. And while itwasntme's posts are often filled with vagaries, it is the vagueness that makes them susceptible to multiple interpretation

    (Sorry, Fake, but the chance to catch you on a point of diction was too tempting to pass up.)
    You should have passed it up because it was a trap for itwasntme!

    We will go to the Meriam and Webster's collegiate dictionary:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vagary
    an erratic, unpredictable, or extravagant manifestation, action, or notion

    I'd call his description of Hitler's coolness an "extravagant manifestation" of stupidity. This extravagant manifestation of stupid allows for multiple interpretations of his post.

    Hell, I'd also say unpredictable because who'd think someone claiming, in another thread, that "Iif knows I'm not a bigot or a racist" gives props to one of the biggest bigoted racists of that time period.
    Trust me, I make mistakes, but when it comes to something as complex and uncommon as vagary, you'd best err on the side of me being a semantic game playing asshole.
  6. franginho is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    250

    Posted On:
    3/09/2013 1:30am


     Style: JiuJistu

    2
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Which doesn't have anything to do with his intentions for getting the Volkswagen to the people.
    Dumb ass, get your facts straight....
    Why you think he made those cars "available"? So he could confiscate them when the war comes and have fast mobility at his disposal.
    Oh and the Autobahn... check out where the first routs were built, and tell me that was not with the purpose to move troops fast to the front....
    As I said in my initial post in this thread, if you don't know your facts, STFU.
    I mentioned it before, if I wanted to play devils advocate I could because I know my facts, I chose not to...
    You on the other hand, you opted to be a dick and you are making an ass of yourself while doing so.
    I am not bashing you for your retarded opinion, I am in your face for being an idiot who doesn't have his facts straight and argues fallacies.
  7. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,596

    Posted On:
    3/09/2013 4:30am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    -1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franginho View Post
    I'm a self-proclaimed Hitler expert.
    If you want your word to weigh more than mine, or anybody else, aside from Chuck, provide sources. Otherwise take your advice and STFU. I have seen absolutely dick showing that ANY Volkswagens were confiscated by the Nazi regime, only that the factories making them were. I have, however, seen that citizens in fact DID recieve their car they had payed into. I have also seen that there were Volkswagens made specifically for the purpose of military applications, an adapted design, not confiscated from the people.
  8. itwasntme is online now
    itwasntme's Avatar

    Middleweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    WNC
    Posts
    1,596

    Posted On:
    3/09/2013 4:37am

    supporting member
     Style: being less stupid

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You should have passed it up because it was a trap for itwasntme!

    We will go to the Meriam and Webster's collegiate dictionary:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vagary
    an erratic, unpredictable, or extravagant manifestation, action, or notion

    I'd call his description of Hitler's coolness an "extravagant manifestation" of stupidity. This extravagant manifestation of stupid allows for multiple interpretations of his post.

    Hell, I'd also say unpredictable because who'd think someone claiming, in another thread, that "Iif knows I'm not a bigot or a racist" gives props to one of the biggest bigoted racists of that time period.
    Trust me, I make mistakes, but when it comes to something as complex and uncommon as vagary, you'd best err on the side of me being a semantic game playing asshole.
    Arguing with you is always a learning experience. I chose not to become educated, this time. Notice, I only followed derails I felt I could build a semantic or otherwise factual argument around.
  9. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,955

    Posted On:
    3/09/2013 4:50am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
    Arguing with you is always a learning experience. I chose not to become educated, this time. Notice, I only followed derails I felt I could build a semantic or otherwise factual argument around.
    90% of a semantic debate is being plausibly and factually correct with a majority of your points. Your facts were nearly nonexistent and you weren't arguing using semantics.
  10. theAsthmatic is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boston, Ma
    Posts
    194

    Posted On:
    3/09/2013 4:55am


     Style: sambo

    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it really that easy to troll these days? I though it would take more than 'Hitler iz da greatest!! woot!!" to get people going.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.