Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/13/2013 4:25pm

Style: BJJ/Submission Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ya know let me clarify something, actually a few things.

first I've never been to that school, but judging by my coach and his general attitude toward training and overall behavior I can only have good things to say about it, particularly if you like to put in "hard work".

That said I would caution you not to judge a school simply because the buisness owner made what they felt where solid financial choices by branding thier school. I started from a Relson gracie brown belt, then to a Team Lloyd Irvin pruple belt. I don't consider myself branded or beleive a choice made by someone 4000 miles away reflects upon me as a martial artist, nor do I feel I am in anyway associated with them. I currently compete for GF Team, I can't imagine if someone on a team that has members across the globe made bad choices (I'm paraphrasing here) that it would somehow stain my reputation by being on the same team. I get most people dislike lloyd, I've never met the man, but I can understand why in most cases. Your obviously free to pick whatever school you like, I'd just hate to see you pass up on a great program because someone who is only nominally associated with that school is well...unethical/or a possible criminal.

It would be like saying Lee Murray trained at Pat Militechs school, he's a convicted felon so pats school should be avoided.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/14/2013 7:52pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaira View Post
    Although the affiliate program was "terminated," IIRC the Crazy 88 competitors competed under "Team Lloyd Irvin" during the worlds this year.
    It wasn't terminated. He made a public announcement that it was terminated while at the same time emailing his affiliates telling them to disregard the announcement.

Some people did break away, but that wasn't Lloyd's choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/15/2013 11:50am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by billythepunk View Post
    I don't consider myself branded or beleive a choice made by someone 4000 miles away reflects upon me
    Here is the thing about that. Who you choose to associate with also defines who you are. I also believe that who you associate with also influences you more than you realize even if it is 4k miles away.

Posted On:
    11/16/2013 7:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Here is the thing about that. Who you choose to associate with also defines who you are. I also believe that who you associate with also influences you more than you realize even if it is 4k miles away.
    Don't associates also have to kick money back?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 1:49pm

Style: BJJ/Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by catfishaggie View Post
    Then by your estimation everyone at crazy88, be they doctors, cops, single moms learning self defense are essentially trash or carry tarnished reputations.... thats CRAZY TALK.
    Last edited by billythepunk; 11/18/2013 2:18pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 3:05pm

Style: aikido

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then by your estimation everyone at crazy88, be they doctors, cops, single moms learning self defense are essentially trash or carry tarnished reputations.... thats CRAZY TALK.
    Lots of bad things are going on at TLI. If, with full knowledge of these bad things, you continue to associate with and send money to TLI, you are approving of these bad things and helping them continue. Period.

With that said, I'd like to suggest that further moral/ethical debate be taken somewhere other than MABS. There are other TLI threads.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/18/2013 10:25pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, for me, that is correct

All the dirty laundry is out on LI, if they choose to continue to associate with him or his affiliate business then they condone his actions and it speaks volume on their character. These same moms, doctors and cops that are imbedded deeply with LI are also the same ones calling that woman a slut.

I swear it's like LI has this fucking cult following, it's worst than fucking Scientology.

Posted On:
    12/05/2013 6:28pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Miami New Times magazine just put out (and up on their web site) an article called "The Cult of Lloyd Irvin". Facts seem accurate, and the journalism is telling - pretty creepy story.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-12...yd-irvin-cult/

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/05/2013 6:50pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thats CRAZY TALK.
    Really? So, how many sources and incidents do you need? I think "defines" is a poor choice of a word to use, but his point is true.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2013 9:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Really? So, how many sources and incidents do you need? I think "defines" is a poor choice of a word to use, but his point is true.
    You are right "define" is a poor choice of word but that is exactly how my dad & pappaw explained this very same concept to me many moons ago.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast