Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 4:45pm

Style: Kickboxing/MuaiThai (new)

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cap View Post
    Just to clarify this clarification:

- Anonymous trolls irritate "Master".
    - "Master" elderly challenges trolls or anyone else to no hold bars combat.
    - 16 y/o feels compelled to test skills, asks master if he can take up this open challenge.
    - "Master" decides 16 y/o and trolls must be same person (unsubstantiated assumption) and proceeds to hate on 16 y/o and any associated with him.
    - Omega notices challenge and knows a challenge directed at a 16 y/o is illegal and offers to accept challenge on 16 y/o behalf.
    - "Master" puts on masterful display of backpedalling after agreeing to fight Omega.

- erezb is a bigot.

I stand (rightfully) corrected.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 5:55pm

Style: being a fatty

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignoscant View Post
    I stand (rightfully) corrected.
    Hehe, not really to test skills (not being cocky, but I already know I'm better and stronger than Mr. Li.), but it'd be tons of fun, that's all.
    ---------------------------

To be honest, no matter how skilled you are, it'd be a long shot to win in a stand-up fight with such a difference in physique, experience, and technique.

To give an idea of the difference, I'm currently 16, 5"8 1/2 and 140 lbs. I also have little bodyfat because I was a very skinny 120 lbs but recently started working out and eating fish + chicken and put 20 lbs on my frame. (Almost entirely leg and back)

This would be against a relatively small, looks-like-60 years old, Oriental man who probably doesn't believe in fitness. OBVIOUSLY because Wing Chun allows him to drop big white men with ease.

Of course, grappling is a different story. I've been tapped by many small girls whom I thought I'd roflstompwn because they were way better than me. It's even more embarrassing when it's your crush that does it. *Cough* But that might be why there was a crush in the first place...
    ANYWAYS, I do have some very basic and beginner knowledge of grappling, but nothing to be proud of.

What's sad is that it's even more stacked against him since Omega's stepping up. Omega's 44 and a retired professional fighter correct? Ouch.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 6:05pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Um I have been 25 for many years now.

:)

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 6:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Ex-Tiger KF, ex-SanDa

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    Let's just say a fighter, someone who fights.

A TRUE martial artist implies that something separates said martial artist from the rest of the regular martial artists shifting about with their ordinary martial arts and lives.

How does a TRUE martial artist behave? Aside from the fact that he isn't bound by anything when it comes to fighting/self defense.

Is someone who doesn't want to maim their assailant forever or exercises a little self restraint while defending themselves not THE TRUE?

Come on, man.

This kind of Japanese cartoons drama...

Not a fan of it.
    I agree with this, heavily. Being on the bottom rung of a ladder, is still being on the ladder. I'm on the bottom rung, though not from lack of exposure to sound technique (instead through a lifelong lack of coordination multiplied by years out of training).

Same with music. Someone jamming in their bedroom and nothing more, are still a full, or "true" musician. People who say (too often to me) that rap isn't music get the same response every time (music is planned sound). Then I tell them that I used to produce hip hop and let them squirm. No one needs to insult other musicians to compliment someone.

Granted, "True Martial Artist" is usually, from my observation, used to compliment the subject, more than to vilify or demean others in the field. Still sounds elitist and corny, regardless of intent....at least, to my ears (eyes?!?).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 6:14pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Um I have been 25 for many years now.
    That's hilarious! You just made my day.

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 6:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    To be honest, no matter how skilled you are, it'd be a long shot to win in a stand-up fight with such a difference in physique, experience, and technique.
    IIRC, Mike Tyson was 180 odd pounds at 12 years old. It's different for different people. Main point, you are a 16 year old. NHB fights aren't on the (legal) cards for you, for 2 years at least.
    Someone who's 19, willing to do the thing with you would be out-of-line. A 60 year old with that willingness is just sad.
    What's sad is that it's even more stacked against him since Omega's stepping up. Omega's 44 and a retired professional fighter correct? Ouch.
    It will NEVER happen. This old dude may like to play d3adly, and do chair dancing with his most compliant student, but he's not about to actually do the damn thing, if he hasn't previously.

That was a dick-tuck destined to happen.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 6:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyclumsyninja View Post
    It will NEVER happen. This old dude may like to play d3adly, and do chair dancing with his most compliant student, but he's not about to actually do the damn thing, if he hasn't previously.

That was a dick-tuck destined to happen.
    Like I said, perhaps Li needs a gentle reminder about it.

And damn, Tyson was HUGE then.

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 7:08pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles View Post
    Like I said, perhaps Li needs a gentle reminder about it.

And damn, Tyson was HUGE then.
    Tyson's challenge was to focus on the sport, and not be a ruffian in general..to the detriment of his career. When he was with Cus, they kept him (mostly) in line. After Cus died, it was impossible.

Back to d3adly-skillet. He got his reminder, when O offered to take your place. The "fine then, me and you in a room, no witnesses or rules" didn't bother guy, so the dicktuck was bound to be immediate, and complete.

Most likely he won't respond any further.

Trying to go no hold barred w/ you is contributing to the delinquency of a minor, and I don't know what else (douchey, for sure).

Not sure where Cuddletown is, but if you're near to one of our throwdowns, feel free to come down and train/spar with people who will take your age and size into consideration. Ego free baby!!!
    Not sure what's going on presently, but here's the Throwdown forum link:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 2:10am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    So you think that "old" martial artists should be able to go around, challenging anyone they want, making all kinds of claims of having the real martial art, and then when someone says, "OK, I accept the challenge" everyone should bow to the "old" martial artist and say, sorry sir, I didn't realize you were old. Please make whatever claims and challenges that you would like.

Is that a good summarization? Because where I come from, if you make a claim, you should be able to back it up because you WILL get called on it. If you can't back it up, you don't make those claims. Otherwise you are a little bitch.
    Where i come from you don't beat old people period.
    Even if they talk flak.
    What would be the point? that you are stronger than an old timer? you are, i saved you some time.
    Also, aren't you the one that gave me a speech on how you should run from a fight on the street and ****..you gave me hell for saying you can't always back down etc.. What is going on with you..make up your mind., Either you are this fighting machine that puts everybody in check or you are this peaceful will do anything not to get into a fight..
    Yes , don't hit old people. I'll even extend that to don't hit weak people.

I have emotions.

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 2:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really? Cause if you've done a decade of boxing, then you've hit plenty of old or weak people.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40