Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 2:20pm

Style: BJJ/Submission Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Critique my diet

Greetings, I'm going to post what I have going on and would like some honest opinions advice if anyone has any (usefull or not, preferably the former).

Basic info 32yom starting weight 214lb (of fat) 6 foot even.

Typical weekly workout schedule weights x3 days bjj x2

I started Intermitent fasting in late december along with a dietary change. I have my macros written down but since it would probably bore the **** out of you, suffice to say I made a 20% or so calorie reduction, and eat clean with a 50/30/20 Protien/Carbs/Fats more or less.

In around 1 1/2 month I dropped down to 190 or so. around 2 weeks ago I began a 30 day CKD (cycilic ketogenic diet) I am currently at 181.

I have dropped 30 lbs in around 1 1/2 - 2 months (most of it the "right" way) I only plan on running the CKD for 2 more weeks. Any advice on transitioning out of it without a huge weight gain and should i go back to regular IF afterwards.

Please bear in mind that this is done for competition issues and not so much for appearance.

Posted On:
    3/02/2013 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To transition out I would suggest bumping protein to about 180 grams,carbs to 350, fats to about 70 grams. Weigh yourself everyday and write it all down. You should be gaining about .5 to 1 pound of body weight a week maybe 2. post results and weight gain after a week and we will adjust macros accordingly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2013 10:25pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll prefix this post by saying that I'm an IFer myself who uses it to stay lean and around my competitive weight (6ft 2, 81kg) for judo.

If I were you I'd finish your CKD cycle and then go back to IF. It obviously works for you and it'll be the most painless way for you to strip off the last of your excess fat and get into tournament shape.

During your cutting phase I'd eat maintenance on weight training days - High protein, high carb, lower fat - and then eat 20% below maintenance on off days and 10% below on BJJ days. Proteins high, carbs moderate and fats moderate. This is basically what I'm doing but sub Judo for BJJ.

Once you're around 10-12% body fat or whatever you're happy with, then switch to the leangains recomp protocol, to slowly maximise the muscle you can put on in your weight class.
    Last edited by herbo1; 3/06/2013 10:29pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 3:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch View Post
    To transition out I would suggest bumping protein to about 180 grams,carbs to 350, fats to about 70 grams. Weigh yourself everyday and write it all down. You should be gaining about .5 to 1 pound of body weight a week maybe 2. post results and weight gain after a week and we will adjust macros accordingly.
    Wow, You think shooting carbs up that high would be ok ? I would think i'd balloon up going that high after a CKD cycle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2013 4:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by herbo1 View Post
    I'll prefix this post by saying that I'm an IFer myself who uses it to stay lean and around my competitive weight (6ft 2, 81kg) for judo.

If I were you I'd finish your CKD cycle and then go back to IF. It obviously works for you and it'll be the most painless way for you to strip off the last of your excess fat and get into tournament shape.

During your cutting phase I'd eat maintenance on weight training days - High protein, high carb, lower fat - and then eat 20% below maintenance on off days and 10% below on BJJ days. Proteins high, carbs moderate and fats moderate. This is basically what I'm doing but sub Judo for BJJ.

Once you're around 10-12% body fat or whatever you're happy with, then switch to the leangains recomp protocol, to slowly maximise the muscle you can put on in your weight class.
    Thanks buddy, this is more or less what I had planned, but I really to hear it from another IF'r.

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 4:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch View Post
    Hey you have got enough suggestions for the weigh and other control but one thing I would like to suggest with my personal experience is that once you plan a diet or workout please be stick to that as indifference to that will not help you for a long time. And use proper defense soap for the post workout refreshments.
    Last edited by Annas; 4/03/2013 4:33am at . Reason: to provide some resources

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    4/03/2013 9:10am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Annas View Post
    Hey you have got enough suggestions for the weigh and other control but one thing I would like to suggest with my personal experience is that once you plan a diet or workout please be stick to that as indifference to that will not help you for a long time. And use proper defense soap for the post workout refreshments.
    You have the same link in the last three posts you have made. The link has nothing to do with any of the thread topics.

Can you give me a reason why I shouldn't ban you as a spammer?