pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    3/01/2013 1:27pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    The Redline has a red tinted bezel ring that light shines through right behind the forward end. This removes it from serious consideration as a tactical light.
    You could probably fix this with a tactical application of electrical tape.

Posted On:
    3/03/2013 9:12pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those of you who carry a light which isn't mounted on your carry weapon, how do you handle reloads?

Posted On:
    3/08/2013 2:53pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's definitely not ideal, but by grabbing my next mag with the light still in my hand. It's a two finger grip on the magazine and the light will turn off because my thumb will be on the mag rather than the momentary. That's a reason that I'd also like an X300 Ultra at some point with a holster that can accommodate it.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Now iz BBQ Timez?

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 4:57am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't EDC a pistol or a light but I have a bunch of cheapo LED flashlights all around the house and keep a 120 lumen "Defender" I picked up from Home Depot on my nightstand.

Rob, good question regarding the mag change and good answer IMBW. That is something I'll need to practice at the range. The disadvantage I see to a rail mounted light is that it requires you to point your weapon where you are pointing your light. In military and police applications, that might be fine, but for the average homeowner investigating a bump in the night, not so safe IMHO.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

Posted On:
    3/10/2013 12:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There shouldn't be any reason not to have both. The main reason I don't usually carry a pistol with a light attached is because I'm a civilian and that's a heck of a lot of bulk, but I've seen it executed as a law enforcement tactic to use both a handheld light and a weapon mounted light simultaneously in Harries Grip. If one is none and two is one, then if while using both one is to go out then the other is already on target, plus you have a bit more versatility with both at the ready. Having a handheld and a weapon light aren't mutually exclusive.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 12:44am

supporting member
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do you guy feel about head lights

hands free

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

hands free
    i wore the ones that you wear like glasses with one light per eye, when i was DJing one night (i remember seeing helios creed wear them for a show and thought they looked cool.)

i didn't foresee the main issue with them; everyone knows what you are looking at, especially of it's the rack on that girl in front of the DJ booth. not sure if that's better or worse than having the light point at whatever your gun is pointed at.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 4:17am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

hands free
    Tactically speaking, you'd be inviting your foes to shoot you in the head since there's enough back light from them to illuminate your face.

That said, I love them for working in dark places. Electricians work in attics and under pier and beam houses all the time, and when I was one, I found them invaluable. I preferred the cheap 3 LED Energizer headlamp version.

Posted On:
    3/11/2013 6:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Headlamps are great for backpacking. I also have a universal flashlight holster that clips to a belt and then can pivot forward so that I can use any light that fits in it hands free. I can't find a place to get one right now, but I'll take a better look this evening and see if I can find a link to it for you guys.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 3:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12