Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 3:49pm

Style: 9mm/Judo/BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Carry a gun? Carry a light! What flashlight do you EDC?

It's sad, but most of the shooters I run into don't carry a light. After a good reliable pistol and a quality holster, the flashlight is the first thing I recommend to anybody that carries a concealed weapon. Violence occurs quite often at night and in low light conditions, and knowing where you're aiming is incredibly important (anyone else hear the story of the guy who shot somebody breaking into a home only to realize it was his own son?). I also have a good friend with a plate in his ankle because he tripped over a wooden children's table in the backyard of a home he was searching on a security job at night with an insufficient flashlight. He carries a much better light now.

Do you carry a light? If so, what light do you carry?

I recently gave up my E1B in favor of a tougher and brighter light. I'm currently carrying one of these:

So far I love it. There are brighter lights out there, but this one does what I need it to and I don't know of anything tougher.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 7:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Surefire Backup. No complaints. It's good to go. Small as hell. Bright as hell.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 7:47pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mine's called an Ultrafire, which is a Surefire knockoff that isn't as bright and doesn't hold a charge as long but uses a rechargeable lithium battery.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 7:53pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    surefire E2e on the advice of an LEO friend. surefire make very nice flashlights, and i hate other ones now.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 9:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Surefire Backup. No complaints. It's good to go. Small as hell. Bright as hell.
    There's a new 200lm model out now called the EB1. Looks like a great light! I carried the 110lm version for a while and loved it.
    "Intelligence is nothing more than discussing things with others. Limitless wisdom comes of this." - 山本 常朝

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 5:04am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have an issued sure-fire clone which can be rifle mounted. A LLM (Lazer Light Module) when working with NVG and an x300 for a SIG226.

I find the X300 is too long for my liking so at some point I'll be looking for something shorter which I'll inevitably end up having to buy myself rather than expect my employers to purchase. Plus the 300 isn't fully compatible with my blackhawk holster !

Bad drills on my part !!
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 3:06pm

Style: Pekiti Tirsia Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Streamlight Protac 1L on my belt/ in my jacket pocket EDC. Good for the size and price.

One of these days I'll splurge for a high quality, low profile weapon mounted light for my Glock.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 3:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use this $25.00 Redline by Nebo as a disposable throwaway around the house. It performs almost as well as the $80 Fenix TK15 that supposed to be my serious light.

The Redline has a red tinted bezel ring that light shines through right behind the forward end. This removes it from serious consideration as a tactical light.

Posted On:
    2/28/2013 4:25pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a total flashlight nerd. I have a few more lights on my radar that I want to get down the road. A LensLight 2x123 or Mini (either one), a Surefire X300 Ultra and a holster built to accommodate it, and when the Surefire LX2 Ultra 500lm comes out I'd like one of those also. I also want a Peak LED Solutions Eiger Ultra on a Lug Body with the Hi CRI LED for smaller lighting tasks where color rendering may be more important than output. I don't care much for cheaper lights or anything non-USA made, mostly just because I've broken more than a couple of lights from Fenix and Foursevens.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    3/01/2013 12:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing?

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't/aren't allowed to carry a firearm, but I do EDC a torch. I currently have a Fenix PD32.

Am looking to purchase an Elzetta model in the future!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast