Posted On:
    10/05/2014 4:08pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!

**** you see on the range

Posted On:
    10/05/2014 9:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope those were exaggerated. Especially the noob one.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/06/2014 1:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had nothing to do with the video, most scenes are highly caricatured I don't know how much truth is behind the n00b but I fear there could be some.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/06/2014 1:53am at .

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/06/2014 11:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, a few weeks ago myself and my two boys and partner were walking down to check targets. A senior citizen was trying out some handloads in a Remington Guide Gun...

After clearing it with him that we were headed downrange, we got about halfway there and the old dude decided to put his rifle on the bench and start working the bolt...

The next week, a guy was setting up what looked like an larger caliber (AR-10?) AR type rifle, very, very carefully. Heavy barrel, huge fucking scope (might have even been Nightforce...considering his truck was shiny new and probably cost 40 grand...), fancy front rest, etc. The guy himself was odd, moved slowly and carefully, very alert but trying to look casual, like he lives in condition orange. Sets up tiny, tiny targets at 100 yards. Wouldn't shoot while we were there (on the opposite end of the firing line from him). Kept going down range when we did, looking at the tiny, tiny, targets, even though he never shot a round. Kept his rifle on the bench the whole time.

Now where I come from, when anyone goes downrange, firearms go on the rack, actions open. Period, end of story.

I told a guy yesterday who was shooting while we were both stories. He thought it was pretty funny, and wasn't offended when I asked him please not to rack his bolt when we were downrange checking targets. He took the bolt out of his Model 70 .270 before we went downrange, then went down with us.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    10/06/2014 11:31am

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't have too many good range stories since I usually shoot on private property, but in general, you have to trust your instincts when engaged in dangerous activities where your safety is in the hands of others.

I was shooting with some cops a couple years ago and I felt comfortable with all of them except this one chick who was a rookie. She was not a gun person at all and was a new cop so her training would've been limited.

We were doing different drills and we were supposed to do some three gun exercise in teams and I was supposed to be paired up with her. I was looking over the course and I had this vision of her picking up that shotgun, walking behind me and blowing my fucking head off with it. I just told them I was going to sit that one out.

When it comes to gun safety, never worry about what others think of you, never worry about who you offend. Trust your instincts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/07/2014 5:46am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I was younger I used to shoot quite a lot. Mainly with bows, crossbows, air and CO2 powered pellet guns, and in student years an occasional firearm.

So we were in range with bows, about 10 people in a line with every now and than a random arrow flying to the target when some kid ran across the field in front of the targets. Luckily this potential catastrophe ended just with a lot of yelling and commotion and no one was releasing his shot just then and all managed to hold their arrows. But many hearts skipped a beat or two and all the shooters were probably soaked in sweat.
    Last edited by Stickybomb; 10/07/2014 5:51am at .

Posted On:
    10/07/2014 8:51am

Style: Siling Labuyo Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybomb View Post
    So we were in range with bows, about 10 people in a line with every now and than a random arrow flying to the target when some kid ran across the field in front of the targets. Luckily this potential catastrophe ended just with a lot of yelling and commotion and no one was releasing his shot just then and all managed to hold their arrows. But many hearts skipped a beat or two and all the shooters were probably soaked in sweat.
    Friends of mine reported joggers running behind the archery butts last summer. Turns out one of the joggers was an archer, who reluctantly admitted that yeah, he knew better.

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    10/07/2014 10:38am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Friends of mine reported joggers running behind the archery butts last summer. Turns out one of the joggers was an archer, who reluctantly admitted that yeah, he knew better.
    Those darned joggers...the golf course can be a dangerous place for joggers as well. Back when I lived in New Orleans, an unlucky fellow got hit by a long drive (golf ball) right in the family jewels as he was jogging through the City Park golf course.

Result, one ruptured testicle removed.

And just to show you can't make this **** up:
    http://cehdclass.gmu.edu/jkozlows/lawarts/05MAY03.pdf
    Falling for Judo since 1980

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/09/2014 4:30am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I also noticed that some if not most joggers and bicyclers are utter sh+t completely oblivious about environment or striving for recognition too much: 'look at me, I'm awesome, I'm running, look at me! I'll just run in the middle of the road until you all look at me!!!'

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    10/09/2014 8:36am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am BEASTLY at the noob stance!! I was at a local range last week breaking in the 1911 and the guy in the stall next to me was having issues controlling his Glock. Based on the ammo, it was a G23. I was watching him while loading mags, and it looked like the muzzle flip would have been enough to break his nose. I was kind of shocked that the RO didn't at least try to correct his grip so he could safely fire the damn thing. It basically looked like he learned his firing skills and grip from TJ Hooker reruns.
    I feel like you eye-bawlin' me, dawg!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast