Our Sponsors:

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 2:13am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And I learnt that straight ankle locks are legal in white belt competition and by saying in an incredulous manner the word "****", means a verbal tap out. Also learned that in the future, provided I don't have an MMA fight coming up, I will focus my time on BJJ, considering I have only done two hours a week dedicated to BJJ in the past two months (the rest devoted to MMA). I will enter the no gi division as well. Although I lost, I'm happy with my showing, my cardio was gold, my opponent later told me I was fucking strong on top and if I had known the straight ankle locks were allowed (having previously been informed that NO leg locks at all were allowed) I would not have left my leg where it was. All good. Dude that beat me went on to win gold in gi and no gi. Found out today that he has been winning gold across the country in the white belt division, including a World Jiu Jitsu comp (not sure how "world" that is). He flying arm barred his next opponent in the first ten seconds. I'm not accusing anyone of there being any sandbagging, but Fraser Island seems to be a lot smaller lately. Anyway, had a fucking mad time filming everyone and hanging out with the guys from the gym. Will get some footage up soon when (a) I could be fucked and (b) my team mates have been provided with their footage.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 2:16am

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Woah, what happened to my paragraphs? They aren't showing after an edit.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 4:09am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good job, battlefields.

One doesn't usually see walls of text bigger than Chuck's.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 3:24pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok WTF, just going through the rule book on Brackets with 3 people in them:

Quote Originally Posted by IBJJF Rule book Page 33
    In a bracket of three, the winner of the first match goes through to the final and the losing athlete faces the third competitor in the bracket. The athlete who wins the second match – regardless of whether it is the same athlete to lose the first match – goes through to the final to face the winner of the first match.
    They did this in my No gi match, I had two matches in a row, one against the first guy, then straight away into a match against the 3rd opponent.

However, in Gi they didn't do this at all...I was the first match, beat the guy, then went straight into my second match against a fresh opponent...wtf? They should have had the guy I beat verse the guy that hadn't had a match yet, correct?
    Daniel: I don't know if I know enough karate.

Miyagi: Feeling correct.

Daniel: You sure know how to make a guy feel confident.

Miyagi: You trust the quality of what you know, not quantity.

Posted On:
    3/12/2013 4:32pm

forum leader

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was pretty badly organized. We all warmed up in that tiny warm up area, then stood around for fucking ages, tried warming up again, cooled down then suddenly get called... to sit on a basketball court floor to cool down. Especially when it got to the no gi guys, that was messed up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2013 12:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds as though you all got some useful experience despite the organizational problems. Did cualltaigh end up competing, too?

Posted On:
    3/13/2013 1:11am

Style: BJJ, MMA, JJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner View Post
    It sounds as though you all got some useful experience despite the organizational problems. Did cualltaigh end up competing, too?
    Unfortunately not this time, which is a shame. Only 6.5 weeks until the State titles though so will get out there soon enough.
    Dum spiro, spero.
    Tada gan iarracht.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2013 3:18pm

Style: Judo-Brown

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Video, anyone?

Posted On:
    3/14/2013 4:58pm

Style: BJJ/Zumba

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RandomTriangle View Post
    Video, anyone?
    Waiting to get it from battlefields, then hopefully can upload so everyone may enjoy the hulk smashing of Mr.Miyagi (not by Mr.Miyagi, OF Mr.Miyagi--haha).

Think I've got some pictures I can put up! Will just try and see how I can link them: ok, that was a pain, on their site they have the URL hidden, had to go all inspector to find it.

Face still really sore on direct knee to face area, bruising has come down nicely, though!

For some reason they haven't uploaded my division Gi podium shot yet...

No Gi podium, 3rd Place, Mr.Miyagi on the right hand side. Gerard Butler in the middle:

They told me my Scramble top wasn't blue and was 'purple', well, I think they are full of ****. Also, forgot I needed to have ranked fight shorts, geez...they love to milk the money on things, hope I don't get promoted too quickly or I'll go broke trying to keep up with competing uniform requirements... :(

Can someone explain the point of ranked rashguards/fight shorts when I'm already competing in the division against other people in that division of skill? Is it so we don't get confused? The ref doesn't get confused as to what match he just called up to the mat? Or so the gods know what they are tunning in for from Valhalla?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2013 5:08pm

Style: Thaiboxing; MMA nb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn. I don't think I ever want to be neck cranked by that guy who placed first.
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16 LastLast