Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 2:04pm

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Which Bjj Gym in Montreal?

Hello everyone,
    My name is Mortal_wombat. I live in Montreal. I did shotokan Karate for 8 years, stopped for 6 and now im back on the martial arts scene. I've been doing some doce pares escrima for the past month and i am completely in love with it! Recently, by lurking around these forums, I've come to realize how important grappling is and would like to incorporate it into my game. I was once the type of guy who believed that any grappling art is useless and only for brainless ruffians. Obviously, I was wrong.

There are two bjj places that im looking at right now
    Please remove spaces before the .ca and .com as i only have 2 posts therefore I am not allowed to post links:
    Gracie barra Montreal - gbmontreal. ca/
    and
    H20 mma h2oma. com/

I don't know what to look for in a good bjj gym. What should I be looking for in good bjj gym? What should I avoid? How do i know that they're legit and not some over commercialized Mcdojo?

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, your name is not Mortal wombat. :-)

Although I would love to see an ID with that official name...

Anyway, welcome to Bullshido.

Check out the School review section of Bullshido as well as some forum stickies/threads about evaluating MA gyms (Search function is a friend).

Basically, though, you could start by paying a visit to both of the schools you're interested in. Most places offer a free introduction class, where you'll get a feeling of things plus you can ask the instructor anything that you want to know.

Good luck with your training and keep us updated.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/27/2013 5:19pm

Style: Doce Pares Escrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for your input and sorry for the late reply, I am very busy with my studies right now. I've decided that I am going to train at GAMMA which is a complete martial arts academy one of the dog brothers teaches there and the bjj team is one of the best that montreal has to offer.