Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 12:09am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aznraven View Post
    True, but i believe it will pay out. Regardless of reason, strikeforce women cards are huge draws and actually passed the men championships. I see no reason why it should change for the UFC, people watch fights if they are entertaining, regardless the reason. I follow Michelle Waterson for both reasons :D

Anyway, my point is that is you don't have an extensive record in MMA, your records elsewhere is enough to allow you to beat top guys with fast adjustments to the new sport. You wouldn't need even close to the same amount of fights to get a better game in MMA. So comparing the number of fights is rather pointless.

Fight A has trained in MMA for 10 years and amassed 30 fights in KOTC,WEC Strikeforce, Bellator, Fighter B is an Olympic medalist wrestler and amassed 5 fights. Somehow the odds still can be equal just by the caliber of opponents gets to have without having to climb the ladder. Of course this is all hypothetical nonsense, I could be talking out of my ass.

It is hard to define a "true mma fighter", how much of a true MMA fighter are you if a guy comes in your game and beats you within his first few pro matches?
    Very well said, I think a male Olympic frestyle gold medalist could be one of the best athletes in the olympics,and should not take alot of work to turn in to a mma fighter. I heard a few stories Roulan Gardner training and throwing Bob Sap like a rag doll.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 2:06am

Style: Kempo Karate

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carmouche! Carmouche! Will she do the fandango?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 2:41am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HashMajin View Post
    Carmouche! Carmouche! Will she do the fandango?
    Is Carmouche from Wichita Kansas?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 5:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoratt View Post
    Is Carmouche from Wichita Kansas?
    No, when I logged in the thread had HashMajin: Read Me!. When I saw the name, bohemian rhapsody started playing in my head and I couldn't help myself. I deserve whatever comes my way for my ridiculousness. I regret nothing!

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 12:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    This Bleacher Report article featured the quote from Dana that I was looking for.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-ronda-rousey

Coupled with the fact that a large majority of UFC fans only tolerate womens mma in hopes a tit will pop out, its not inconceivable that if he doesn't have a brand name that will appeal to masses, Dana will let womens mma stagnate until he has another hot asskicker to trot out.
    Correct. We're talking about Dana White, the man who hyped motherfucking Kimbo Slice as having a future in the UFC.

To put it in as hysterical terms as possible, the future of ladies' MMA is now in the hands of a petty grudge-bearing pimp who will dump the entire division the second it seems unprofitable or not "crowd pleasing" enough. He just sacked motherfucking Fitch for being too good at rasslin' for chrissakes.

Sometimes, I wish professional MMA was a real sport rather than a spectacle.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 1:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post

Sometimes, I wish professional MMA was a real sport rather than a spectacle.
    It could be worse. It could be pro wrestling......Dana White and Vince McMahon would make one helluva team. The competition would have......No Chance! No Chance In Hell!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 2:57pm

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Well, if Dana White will dig in like a tick and stick it out with the little weird pygmy wee-man boogerweight division, I don't expect him to give up on the womenfolk division when Ronda is gone.

This is what I'm thinking. Those guys are my size or smaller and I'm fucking tiny. It's almost insulting to see the smallest dudes on the planet have a UFC division while the 135 chicks are fighting for leftovers and there's no division in sight for the 125's (the 145's are fat, slow and need to loose weight imo)

If this doesn't work, hopefully Invicta can hang on and be the dominant WMMA promoter.

Faber
    Hendersen
    Rousey (though I'll be rooting for Carmouche, just don't see it happening)
    I don't know enough about the other fighters to make educated picks

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 3:43pm

supporting member
     Style: TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why was Goldberg doing the weigh in? I seriously hope Joe Rogan is not missing the event for some reason.

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 3:57pm

Style: Trad Ju Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just seen the Weigh-In and Carmouche seems disturbingly muscular.

Ronda. Big shoulders but otherwise just very fit as a result of years of training and matwork. Very Pretty. Submission win.

Lyoto v Hendo. Machida is very sharp and great single shot striking ability but, what the hell, I'm going with Hendo on the basis that he's not a One Trick Pony and has more skills in his kit bag.

Posted On:
    2/23/2013 5:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Hardon View Post
    Just seen the Weigh-In and Carmouche seems disturbingly muscular.
    She looks like Urijah Faber's twin sister.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 5678 ... LastLast