224562 Bullies, 3283 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 11:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if Dana White will dig in like a tick and stick it out with the little weird pygmy wee-man boogerweight division, I don't expect him to give up on the womenfolk division when Ronda is gone.

I haven't been a big fan of Rousey, but she's growing on me. I do hope she makes Carmustache swallow her fucking rainbow mouthpiece.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 11:56am

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually bet on Carmouche, the odds are crazy, but still sort of rooting for a spectacular sub within 1st round by Ronda. If not, I hope Ronda shows her boxing and knocks Carmouche out. Liz does not have good striking, different from Ronda whose striking is still unknown. Whoever judges her striking by the few punches she throws as a setup for the throw or takedown is delusional.

I enjoyed the coverage by UFC and Ronda and her teammate's comment on other fighters thinking 15 fights is experienced and comments on Ronda's inexperiece when they as Judoka have thousands of matches.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 12:01pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aznraven View Post
    I enjoyed the coverage by UFC and Ronda and her teammate's comment on other fighters thinking 15 fights is experienced and comments on Ronda's inexperiece when they as Judoka have thousands of matches.
    Meh. Ronda is an inexperienced MMA fighter regardless of the spin from her team. A judo match is not a fight any more than a BJJ match is a fight.

The same argument could've been made about Brock Lesnar's wrestling experience. Look where it got him in the end. I'm not saying she'll share his fate, but it's true that she is not the most experienced fighter.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 1:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Meh. Ronda is an inexperienced MMA fighter regardless of the spin from her team. A judo match is not a fight any more than a BJJ match is a fight.

The same argument could've been made about Brock Lesnar's wrestling experience. Look where it got him in the end. I'm not saying she'll share his fate, but it's true that she is not the most experienced fighter.
    I agree, however Brock's example is moot. It got him to the top, fast, against more experienced "mma guys" with a non-existent record, it got him the HW belt within 4 fights.

So I would agree they are not even close to being fights but having more fights is not that big of a factor when there are many other ways to hone your craft.

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 2:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only real question I have on the Rousey fight is how much does she plan on selling Carmouche's arm on eBay for.

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 3:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aznraven View Post
    I agree, however Brock's example is moot. It got him to the top, fast, against more experienced "mma guys" with a non-existent record, it got him the HW belt within 4 fights.

So I would agree they are not even close to being fights but having more fights is not that big of a factor when there are many other ways to hone your craft.
    Brock got to the top fast (A) because of his WWE fame and (B) because of his wrestling - in that order. Just as Ronda got to the top fast because of (A)dat ass and (B) dat armbar - in that order. Brock had enough skill to make some good fights but his wrestling wasn't enough to make him a great MMA fighter. Ronda obviously has a shitload of skill, much more than Brock in my opinion. But the fact remains that she's an inexperienced fighter, just as he was.

I can't believe you're going to seriously sit there and blow off true fight experience as a key factor in fighter success.

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 3:22pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The argument you are making about Brock could also be said of Jones. Sometimes natural talent can make all the difference.

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 8:05pm

Style: bjj/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This Bleacher Report article featured the quote from Dana that I was looking for.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...o-ronda-rousey

Dana White said:

I don't know how long this is going to last. This could last a year. This could be forever. The 135-pound division could fill up with tons of talent, and we could have tons of great fights. I can't honestly sit here and predict what's going to happen, but don't kid yourself, this is absolutely the only reason this is happening is because of Ronda Rousey.
    Coupled with the fact that a large majority of UFC fans only tolerate womens mma in hopes a tit will pop out, its not inconceivable that if he doesn't have a brand name that will appeal to masses, Dana will let womens mma stagnate until he has another hot asskicker to trot out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 10:08pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    True, but i believe it will pay out. Regardless of reason, strikeforce women cards are huge draws and actually passed the men championships. I see no reason why it should change for the UFC, people watch fights if they are entertaining, regardless the reason. I follow Michelle Waterson for both reasons :D

Anyway, my point is that is you don't have an extensive record in MMA, your records elsewhere is enough to allow you to beat top guys with fast adjustments to the new sport. You wouldn't need even close to the same amount of fights to get a better game in MMA. So comparing the number of fights is rather pointless.

Fight A has trained in MMA for 10 years and amassed 30 fights in KOTC,WEC Strikeforce, Bellator, Fighter B is an Olympic medalist wrestler and amassed 5 fights. Somehow the odds still can be equal just by the caliber of opponents gets to have without having to climb the ladder. Of course this is all hypothetical nonsense, I could be talking out of my ass.

It is hard to define a "true mma fighter", how much of a true MMA fighter are you if a guy comes in your game and beats you within his first few pro matches?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/22/2013 11:49pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post

Womens Judo is by far the most advanced womens combat sport, and Ronda spent years at the top level of competition. When Ronda trained in Europe with the best no women would train on the ground with Ronda she was just that mean. She almost always had to train with men.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast