Page 13 of 14 First ... 391011121314 Last
  1. #121
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,439
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krijgsman View Post
    Touche. I guess since Cyborg's people didn't seem to refute that's what was offered I assumed it wasn't worth questioning. Call me a UFC shill if you must.
    Dana White is good at his job. His job is to sell the UFC brand. He has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he will lie his ass off to sell the brand. He has contradicted himself so many times it gives me a headache to think about it.

    I don't hold it against him, but I'm not a sucker either.
    Last edited by Devil; 3/13/2013 10:03am at .

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    602
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Dana White is good at his job. His job is to sell the UFC brand. He has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he will lie his ass off to sell the brand. He has contradicted himself so many times it gives me a headache to think about it.

    I don't hold it against him, but I'm not a sucker either.
    I can respect that. It rarely hurts to be skeptical.

  3. #123
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,439
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!


    She belongs in the UFC fighting for the belt instead of the blue belts they're feeding Rousey.

  4. #124
    Tranquil Suit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,839
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Augh, I cringed.

    I guess that makes me sexist.

    (button in upper right corner) Settings> (left menu under My Account) General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

  5. #125
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,512
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post


    She belongs in the UFC fighting for the belt instead of the blue belts they're feeding Rousey.
    She crushed a BJJ BB in 26 seconds in her first pro fight so I don't see belt colour mattering. They need to get someone on her that can hit worth a damn.

  6. #126
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,439
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    She crushed a BJJ BB in 26 seconds in her first pro fight so I don't see belt colour mattering. They need to get someone on her that can hit worth a damn.
    No, belt color isn't everything. The point is that Rousey is the champ. They should match her with those most likely to be able to beat her. Cyborg is numero uno on that list and the UFC won't sign her because she's a threat to their pretty little cash cow. I have no doubt Ronda would be very willing to fight Cyborg but the UFC is scared shitless of Cyborg. Instead, they'll not make a deal on purpose and then blame Cyborg.

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,577
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    No, belt color isn't everything. The point is that Rousey is the champ. They should match her with those most likely to be able to beat her. Cyborg is numero uno on that list and the UFC won't sign her because she's a threat to their pretty little cash cow. I have no doubt Ronda would be very willing to fight Cyborg but the UFC is scared shitless of Cyborg. Instead, they'll not make a deal on purpose and then blame Cyborg.
    How do you know they won't sign Cyborg?? Maybe they are just waiting until she is clean of the she-hulk enhancement.

  8. #128
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    7,439
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    How do you know they won't sign Cyborg?? Maybe they are just waiting until she is clean of the she-hulk enhancement.
    Because there's no reason for her not to sign with the UFC to get the biggest payday of her lifetime. If the UFC doesn't get her onboard it's because they're not motivated to do so and they're not trying hard enough. She's already served her suspension and fought again. The UFC lets cheating steroid abusers come back after serving suspensions all the time (Overroids). Cyborg should be treated the same way.

  9. #129

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,577
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Because there's no reason for her not to sign with the UFC to get the biggest payday of her lifetime. If the UFC doesn't get her onboard it's because they're not motivated to do so and they're not trying hard enough. She's already served her suspension and fought again. The UFC lets cheating steroid abusers come back after serving suspensions all the time (Overroids). Cyborg should be treated the same way.
    I think the new ultimate fighter series would have been way more fun if it were Cyborg opposite of Rousey.

    And I do find it odd that the UFC wouldn't give her a chance if her suspension is over.

  10. #130
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,512
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    And I do find it odd that the UFC wouldn't give her a chance if her suspension is over.
    The official story is that she was welcome to fight in the UFC, she just needed to come down to 135. They supposedly offered to pay for a trainer to help her get down to 135 healthily.

    Devil's take is that it's all BS and the UFC doesn't want Cyborg dismantling their golden girl.

    I think Ronda wants no part of Cyborg at a chemically-enhanced 145 and hopes getting her to 135 will at least make it closer to a fair fight.

Page 13 of 14 First ... 391011121314 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO