Page 10 of 14 First ... 67891011121314 Last
  1. #91
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,770
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gracie Breakdown:


  2. #92
    danno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Shoalhaven, Australia
    Posts
    3,151
    Style
    BJJ
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Am I the only **** head who enjoys watching fights like Hendo vs Machida? I thought it was one of the better fights on the card.

  3. #93
    Soldiermedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,163
    Style
    bjj/judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    But is it really? I don't think so. IMO the ufc doesn't do it often enough to be detrimental in the long run.
    But when you look at the UFC post TUF 1 and Griffen vs Bonnar, Dana White and the Fertittas were so vocal about this not being boxing, and not falling into the same traps that boxing promoters have used that have led to the sport stagnating. They decried the disrespect that the boxing industry would show their fans. But, less than a decade, they are falling into the same trap of putting the brand before the fan....and its only going to get worse.

  4. #94
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,333
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    But when you look at the UFC post TUF 1 and Griffen vs Bonnar, Dana White and the Fertittas were so vocal about this not being boxing, and not falling into the same traps that boxing promoters have used that have led to the sport stagnating. They decried the disrespect that the boxing industry would show their fans. But, less than a decade, they are falling into the same trap of putting the brand before the fan....and its only going to get worse.
    Exactly. It's worse now than it was three years ago and three years from now it will be worse than it is now.

    No matter how you want to spin it, the bottom line is that if you're protecting your champ from possible defeat because you think it's best for business, then your champ is a paper champ and your promotion is a sham.
    Last edited by Devil; 2/27/2013 9:02am at .

  5. #95
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,770
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    No matter how you want to spin it, the bottom line is that if you're protecting your champ from possible defeat because you think it's best for business, then your champ is a paper champ and your promotion is a sham.
    The thing with Rousey/Cyborg is that if a fight occurs, it is only for the money and bragging rights unless they either create a 145 division or Cyborg drops a bunch of muscle mass and fights 135. So the whole "protect your champ" argument doesn't wash with me. People want to see them fight, there's money to be made, it will happen eventually.

  6. #96
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,770
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Double post.

  7. #97
    Soldiermedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,163
    Style
    bjj/judo
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    People want to see them fight, there's money to be made, it will happen eventually.
    Thats what everyone said about Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.

  8. #98
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,333
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    The thing with Rousey/Cyborg is that if a fight occurs, it is only for the money and bragging rights unless they either create a 145 division or Cyborg drops a bunch of muscle mass and fights 135. So the whole "protect your champ" argument doesn't wash with me. People want to see them fight, there's money to be made, it will happen eventually.
    I see your point, but there should be a place for Cyborg in the UFC. She's one of the two best female fighters on the planet. Maybe the best. Before Rousey came along, which wasn't long ago Cyborg was viewed as the baddest woman in the sport. The UFC should make that fight happen, even if it's a one-time deal for Cyborg - especially considering how shallow the talent pool is in the female ranks.

  9. #99
    His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Devil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    9,333
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronda should fight Urijah Faber.

  10. #100
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    1,770
    Style
    Kendo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Ronda should fight Urijah Faber.
    I don't think she can take getting clocked by a guy. Pure grappling there are lots of reports of her catching high level guys in training.

Page 10 of 14 First ... 67891011121314 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO