Page 7 of 17 First ... 34567891011 ... Last
  1. #61
    Soldiermedic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,163
    4
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    We agree.

    But it's no excuse for being a quitter.
    Sexual assault is no excuse for being not continuing training? So women should suck it up continue to allow themselves to be victimized for the love of martial arts? I mean, Kayla Harrison won a gold medal, so I guess all that rapin' was justified in the end.

    You have no idea how trauma works apparently, and you have a shockingly cavalier attitude towards the affect that sexual assault can have on someone's mental well being. But since its just a woman, its apparently okay to you.

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,570
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Can Women Really Handle Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    Sexual assault is no excuse for being not continuing training? So women should suck it up continue to allow themselves to be victimized for the love of martial arts? I mean, Kayla Harrison won a gold medal, so I guess all that rapin' was justified in the end.

    You have no idea how trauma works apparently, and you have a shockingly cavalier attitude towards the affect that sexual assault can have on someone's mental well being. But since its just a woman, its apparently okay to you.
    Exactly! So much this! Let's play: switch gender roles. If a man at a gym was groped by a female, he might not be traumatized (possible he would be; I'm generalizing) but his desire to stay in the gym would not go over well with wife/girlfriend. He might also have moral objections. If a man is groped by another man, he would leave and no one would question it. Bottom line you don't accept being groped by your training partners.
    Last edited by mike321; 2/20/2013 3:22pm at .

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,570
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Can Women Really Handle Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

    I forgot: you also don't accept your training partners groping anyone else!

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    116
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can black people handle jiu jitsu?
    Can asians handle jiu jitsu?
    Can atheists handle jiu jitsu?
    Can catholics handle jiu jitsu?

    The answer is going to be the same for any scenario depending on what you want to say.

    The plural of anecdote is not data.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lower Franconia
    Posts
    1,075
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    Can black people handle jiu jitsu?
    Can asians handle jiu jitsu?
    Can atheists handle jiu jitsu?
    Can catholics handle jiu jitsu?

    The answer is going to be the same for any scenario depending on what you want to say.

    The plural of anecdote is not data.
    This is one of the weirder verses of Blowing in the wind.

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    116
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azatdawn View Post
    This is one of the weirder verses of Blowing in the wind.
    If by "blowing," you mean "pissing," then I'm with you on that.

  7. #67
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,414
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In other news, women do just fine finishing boot camp and flight school so they can carry machine guns and fly F-14s.

  8. #68
    Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off
    DKJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,214
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lukerawks View Post
    Can black people handle jiu jitsu?
    Can asians handle jiu jitsu?
    Can atheists handle jiu jitsu?
    Can catholics handle jiu jitsu?

    The answer is going to be the same for any scenario depending on what you want to say.

    The plural of anecdote is not data.
    I heard the Jews pick Judo because it's cheap and widely available.


    Also isn't it harder for Canadians to train? You know since they are all pussies.

  9. #69

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    642
    -3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    Sexual assault is no excuse for being not continuing training? So women should suck it up continue to allow themselves to be victimized for the love of martial arts? I mean, Kayla Harrison won a gold medal, so I guess all that rapin' was justified in the end.
    Kayla Harrison didn't quit. You bring an example that reinforces my point, thank you so much.

    Sexual assault is NO excuse to quit training. Sorry, yep. Maybe quit training in that particular place with the particular guy that did it.

    BUT NO REASON TO QUIT, EVER.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soldiermedic View Post
    You have no idea how trauma works apparently, and you have a shockingly cavalier attitude towards the affect that sexual assault can have on someone's mental well being. But since its just a woman, its apparently okay to you.
    LOL Don't put words in my mouth. Knighty.

    My attitude towards women is that they should be treated EXACTLY like men in training.

    THAT is the OPPOSITE of sexism.

    No discrimination of any kind.

  10. #70
    Styygens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Posts
    2,178
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Can Women Really Handle Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander View Post
    My school is unique in that I have more women training than men.
    Yep.

    And it's awesome!

    Just sayin'

Page 7 of 17 First ... 34567891011 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO