Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 12:55am

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Panda knows this because he too survived sexual assault.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 1:34am

supporting member
     Style: none

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    This whole conversation has become very odd. I'm going to assume what Mister is trying to say is "don't let **** **** with your ambitions, even if the **** is sexual assault". What people read was "you should keep training at a school where you're being sexually abused because, you know, **** yea".

Having a hiccup in life, from sexual abuse or otherwise, is nothing to be ashamed of. But if you let something dominate your life to the point where it destroys your hope and ambition then it is as much a personal failure as it is poor circumstance.
    You're a fucking scumbag. Do humanity a favor and castrate yourself with a rusty soup can lid before using it to cut your throat.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 1:53am

Style: SAMBO, jiu jitsu

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When I started training SAMBO, it was with two or three girls who were at the gym and I think that helped a lot to get comfortable. However, I'm a 'tomboy' and I had previous experience in other martial arts, so maybe that helped me 'handle' or stick with it too.

When the all-female classes stopped (scheduling conflicts with us gals) I didn't mind or care that I had to go to the co-ed (basically all dudes) classes. In fact, that's when my jits skills became a lot better. Then competition brought my game to a whole new level entirely; a new world of grappling opened up to me.

I've been training about four and half years now. I've been in tournaments all over CA, competed in dozens of matches, even recently got my purple belt. Grappling, jiujitsu, SAMBO, whatever the **** you want to call it, has changed my life. It's transformed my body, my mind and my heart.

I don't give a **** about what the blogger writes. I am not going anywhere, anytime soon and the women I compete against every six-eight weeks aren't going anywhere either, so **** him and anybody else that's a douche regarding female combat sports. I would love to have no females show up to a comp, I enter the male flyweight division and make one of his guys tap to my super awesome armbar. I think I'll handle that quite well, just like I handle getting schooled everyday I'm on the mat at Valhalla.

(Lastly, my condolences and respect to those posters who have been hurt or have family/friends/loved ones who've been hurt. Your honesty and openess is commendable)

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 2:04am

supporting member
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Middlefinger View Post
    You're a fucking scumbag. Do humanity a favor and castrate yourself with a rusty soup can lid before using it to cut your throat.
    Apparently goodlun also thinks rape is a "hiccup in life"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 4:16am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by legomepanda View Post
    This whole conversation has become very odd. I'm going to assume what Mister is trying to say is "don't let **** **** with your ambitions, even if the **** is sexual assault". What people read was "you should keep training at a school where you're being sexually abused because, you know, **** yea".

Having a hiccup in life, from sexual abuse or otherwise, is nothing to be ashamed of. But if you let something dominate your life to the point where it destroys your hope and ambition then it is as much a personal failure as it is poor circumstance.
    legomepanda, did you miss XXIV's posts? I'm hoping that you got the idea that people were talking about some sad perv getting a charge out of staying in north-south position a little longer than necessary or making an inappropriate joke when there was incidental intimate contact or some crap like that and that this is what you are minimizing as a "hiccup in life." Then we might disagree about your choice of words, but no big deal.

But if you read XXIV's posts, and then went ahead and wrote about sexual abuse as "a hiccup in life," then that is some fucked-up ****.

I don't know what kind of Rand-style dystopia you may have deluded yourself into imagining that we live in, but in the real world people don't get to "let" or not let post-traumatic stress disorder happen to them. They don't choose what effects the psychological trauma they have been through has on them. They can make some choices about treatment, etc., but there are real physiological and mental effects that seriously impair their ability to choose.

Your talk about the "personal failure" of "let[ting] something dominate your life" reminds me of the idiocy with which shell-shocked (PTSD) soldiers who returned from the trenches in WWI are often portrayed as being treated. "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" "Cheer up, dammit, the war is over and you survived; you're one of the lucky ones!"

Like I said, I hope that you just skipped the long posts and didn't realize what you were saying in the fuller context. If you read them all and are seriously pushing the view that "rape is just another hiccup along life's trail and if you let being raped affect you significantly, then you are guilty of some kind of moral failing," then I have to say that your comment combines serious ignorance about the effects rape often has with a really impaired understanding of morality.
    Last edited by ChuckWepner; 2/21/2013 4:30am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 5:53am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckWepner;2762001

I don't know what kind of Rand-style dystopia you may have deluded yourself into imagining that we live in, but in the real world people don't get to "let" or not let post-traumatic stress disorder happen to them. They don't choose what effects the psychological trauma they have been through has on them. They can make some choices about treatment, etc., but there are real physiological and mental effects that seriously impair their ability to choose.

Your talk about the "personal failure" of "let[ting
    something dominate your life" reminds me of the idiocy with which shell-shocked (PTSD) soldiers who returned from the trenches in WWI are often portrayed as being treated. "Pull yourself up by your bootstraps!" "Cheer up, dammit, the war is over and you survived; you're one of the lucky ones!"
    Forgive the quote steal pls Chuck but I feel this also applies to this..

Posted by Mister Man
    Everyone should have the strength to persist no matter what, making excuses is for the weak.
    ..and you have worded it much better than I probably could.

'Will' like a back, can be broken and the damage cannot be seen.
    Mister, you didn't choose how much 'will' you have either.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 6:51am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Listen, Honeyballs, you'll be spending the rest of your life in an iron lung after I get through with you. I'm going to make hate to you so hard your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.

... Oh wait, you're already in Africa.
    I read that in someone's signature before.

This time you added oh wait you're already in Africa.

That's very clever, man, and funny too.

Please don't make hate to me I am terrified of your hate making. Maybe it makes me quit lifting and feel sorry for myself for the rest of my life.

...Oh wait I will be in an iron lung! LOL! So funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance10 View Post
    'Will' like a back, can be broken and the damage cannot be seen.
    Mister, you didn't choose how much 'will' you have either.
    I don't understand what you're trying to say, bro.

I'm terrified of getting under the weights, everyday I think could be an accident that could lead to the end.

I damn straight choose to get under the bar everyday knowing full well that every day is going to be heavier than the last and that everyday I am in more danger than the last.

Yes, I chose not to quit.
    Last edited by Mister; 2/21/2013 7:13am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 7:27am

supporting member
     Style: Taiji/Hsingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Posted by Mister

I don't understand what you're trying to say, bro.

I'm terrified of getting under the weights, everyday I think could be an accident that could lead to the end.

I damn straight choose to get under the bar everyday knowing full well that every day is going to be heavier than the last and that everyday I am in more danger than the last.

Yes, I chose not to quit.

Can we think of 'will' as an endowment like strength?
    There are real limits to the amount of strength someone can have and those limits are a physical fact, biologically predetermined.

If you are in more danger each day sounds like your not making progress, perhaps you should temper your will with some patience.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 8:23am

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can we think of 'will' as an endowment like strength?
    There are real limits to the amount of strength someone can have and those limits are a physical fact, biologically predetermined.
    You think so?

I don't know.

If will is pre-determined then why is someone held responsible for a decision that exhibits a lack of will?

What you're thinking is pretty dangerous, I think.

If you are in more danger each day sounds like your not making progress, perhaps you should temper your will with some patience.
    I am making progress I'm getting stronger which is evident by the extra weight I'm able to do each time.

But as the weight gets heavier there's more room for accidents.

I think.

I know I make it sound like I've thrown caution to the wind but I really haven't.

I ask my Judo coach for advice all the time, I take videos of my lifts and show them to him so that he could tell me what I'm doing wrong, (he's also a powerlifter) he doesn't approve but he helps me out he's one of the best, most honorable guys I've ever met.

He was pretty sad when I told him about the injury he said he was preparing me to be a coach after he's gone. I too was looking forward to it, having a job as something that I like I couldn't be luckier.

This has nothing to do with anything I just wanted to talk about him.

I also show my lifts to a couple of coaches online and they're nice enough to spare the time.

But even with all this I'm informed that the risk is still there.

Holy **** now you gone and made me think about it. It's going to be hard to go to training tonight.

Gee, thanks a lot man.
    Last edited by Mister; 2/21/2013 8:29am at .

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 9:15am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can Women Really Handle Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    You think so?

I don't know.

If will is pre-determined then why is someone held responsible for a decision that exhibits a lack of will?

What you're thinking is pretty dangerous, I think.
    http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/willpo...d-resource.pdf

http://youarenotsosmart.com/2009/11/...-helplessness/

Basically nobody has "unlimited will" and everyone doesn't have the same amount. External factors will also have impact on your will.
    Last edited by DKJr; 2/21/2013 9:19am at .