Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlebalm View Post
    Diesel, we do recommend Battle Balm for iron palm training. Our formula contains traditional Chinese herbs used in bone healing dit da jows. Also, our combination of herbs improve circulation, open up the channels and strengthens the sinews. These are important aspects of iron palm. Battle Balm is also a slightly warming formula, which are good for preparing the joints for heavy work.

Of course, there are many different ideas about what constitutes a good iron palm formula. Ask a bunch of different herbalists and you're bound to find just as many answers. We believe that Battle Balm is an excellent adjunct to iron palm training.

Will Battle Balm work for your iron palm training? Maybe. Maybe not. There are many outside factors. Here's one. The climate of your training location can play a huge part in the type of formulation you need. Suppose you train in Siberia because you want to be like Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV. You never wear gloves in the winter time and you shovel snow with your fingers. Then Battle Balm could help you with your iron palm training, but it may not be enough. You'll probably also need a "hotter" formula to offset the continuous cold you put your fingers through when you are not iron palm training. Does that make sense?

Of course, that's an extreme example. But, it's true that the way you treat your hands outside of the gym will also affect your training inside the gym. In most cases, Battle Balm is great for iron palm training and will help you through the bumps, bruises, strains, sprains, and even hairline fractures. It will also keep your hands and skin in great shape from the scuffs and scratches you get along the way.

For all iron palm training, we suggest some daily qi gong exercises for stretching the tendons to help move the qi and blood. That's just how we roll.

BTW, I sent you an extra sample. You can give one to a friend or just keep it for yourself. Enjoy!
    Awesome! Sounds great. I look forward to putting it to use. Thanks again.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    is your dit da jow recipe secret? i have used different recipes of jow in the past and currently use one that is publicly known (tom bisio's recipe.) many other recipes use herbs that are only for external use and can be dangerous if taken internally (this means i have to wash my hands thoroughly after using them, and if i have any cuts or scratches in my skin, i have to avoid them.)

does your formula use such herbs?

i currently use both my own jow, and a balm that i brought back from thailand that is very strong and similar to icy hot in effect (x10 at least.) i use them in different situations, with the job being primarily for bruises, and the balm for more muscle aches and issues with flexibility.

can your balm replace both my current remedies?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 2:41pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The man behind the product has quite an interesting history...digital logic, TCM, and battle balm.

/subscribed.

Current

Owner at Battle Balm
    Owner at August Point Wellness

Past

Acupuncturist at The Santaluz Club
    Member - Board of Directors at California State Oriental Medical Association
    Acupuncturist/Massage Therapist at Bernardo West Chiropractic

Co-Editor - Massage Therapy Section at All Things Healing
    Hardware Engineer (Contractor) at Nextivity Inc.
    Massage Therapist (Part-time) at Back On Track Family Chiropractic
    Hardware Engineer at Altera
    Digital Hardware Engineer at Solectek
    Hardware Engineer (Contractor) at JNI Corporation

Education

Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
    Pacific College of Oriental Medicine
    University of Florida
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dylan-jawahir/6/374/a30

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 5:20pm

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Battle Balm Style: TKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    is your dit da jow recipe secret? i have used different recipes of jow in the past and currently use one that is publicly known (tom bisio's recipe.) many other recipes use herbs that are only for external use and can be dangerous if taken internally (this means i have to wash my hands thoroughly after using them, and if i have any cuts or scratches in my skin, i have to avoid them.)

does your formula use such herbs?

i currently use both my own jow, and a balm that i brought back from thailand that is very strong and similar to icy hot in effect (x10 at least.) i use them in different situations, with the job being primarily for bruises, and the balm for more muscle aches and issues with flexibility.

can your balm replace both my current remedies?
    Ming Loyalist, you can view the ingredients list on the www.battlebalm.com website. Every herb that we use is included there. The secrets are in the quality of the herbs used plus the method of extraction. (We can't tell you these secrets, only that we use both ancient extraction and modern extraction techniques.)

Some of the herbs we use can be toxic if ingested in large doses. Our balm is not edible. If you are using Battle Balm on your hands, you should give it 20-30 minutes to absorb into the skin. Then you can wash the residue off so you can grab a sandwich or rub your eye or something.

All I can say is for you to give Battle Balm a try. Yes, it can take the place of both of your other jows. Battle Balm is to be used for muscle aches and bruises. It can be used for flexibility issues by warming up the joints and muscles to increase elasticity. If there is a mechanical hindrance such as bone spur or joint deformation that keeps you from moving the joint through its full range of motion, then Battle Balm cannot overcome that to improve your flexibility.

Also, Battle Balm will help keep your cuts and scratches clean and free from infection so that your skin can recover quickly.

By chance, are you using the Thailand herbal formula called Namman Muay?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 5:26pm

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    The man behind the product has quite an interesting history...digital logic, TCM, and battle balm.

/subscribed.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dylan-jawahir/6/374/a30
    Yes, I've got a pretty interesting background.

Engineering taught me how to solve problems.
    Massage Therapy taught me how to manipulate the physical body.
    Acupuncture taught me how to understand the energetic body.
    Herbology taught me how to fuel the human body.

Thanks W. Rabbit...You can google just about anything these days!

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 9:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlebalm View Post
    Ming Loyalist, you can view the ingredients list on the www.battlebalm.com website. Every herb that we use is included there. The secrets are in the quality of the herbs used plus the method of extraction. (We can't tell you these secrets, only that we use both ancient extraction and modern extraction techniques.)

Some of the herbs we use can be toxic if ingested in large doses. Our balm is not edible. If you are using Battle Balm on your hands, you should give it 20-30 minutes to absorb into the skin. Then you can wash the residue off so you can grab a sandwich or rub your eye or something.

All I can say is for you to give Battle Balm a try. Yes, it can take the place of both of your other jows. Battle Balm is to be used for muscle aches and bruises. It can be used for flexibility issues by warming up the joints and muscles to increase elasticity. If there is a mechanical hindrance such as bone spur or joint deformation that keeps you from moving the joint through its full range of motion, then Battle Balm cannot overcome that to improve your flexibility.

Also, Battle Balm will help keep your cuts and scratches clean and free from infection so that your skin can recover quickly.

By chance, are you using the Thailand herbal formula called Namman Muay?
    thanks for the quick reply, i'll check it out. this is the thai stuff i use (i'm a stupid illiterate farang man, so i can't tell you the name) which i no longer have a source for unfortunately. my dangerous russian kickboxer friend wants more of it and i can't get more, but you just don't say "niet" to this guy, so i'm in trouble. :P

"Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 1:17am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    thanks for the quick reply, i'll check it out. this is the thai stuff i use (i'm a stupid illiterate farang man, so i can't tell you the name) which i no longer have a source for unfortunately. my dangerous russian kickboxer friend wants more of it and i can't get more, but you just don't say "niet" to this guy, so i'm in trouble. :P

Ming Loyalist, I couldn't tell you what your Thai ointment is. But the guy on the package looks pretty intense!

Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be happy to answer them.

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 1:26am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Out of curiosity, are you familiar with a Filipino liniment called "monkey guts liniment"?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 1:42am

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you familiar with a Filipino liniment called "monkey guts liniment"?
    No, I've never heard of the stuff. I did a quick google search for the term as well as the tagalog translation of "monkey guts" and came up with nothing. Sorry!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/21/2013 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Got some in the mail today! That was freaking quick! Smells pretty good too! I did some stickfighting tonight and my hands are a little stiff as normal. So is my knee, but that from my ACL reconstruction. So I put the balm on my hands and knee. It spreads easier than I thought it would, so that is good. I'll let you know how it does.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast