Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 2:28am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     Battle Balm Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Battle Balm - The Alternative to Tiger Balm

Hey guys, I'm new on this forum. I'm the owner of Battle Balm™, a new training balm specifically designed for contact sports. I'm guessing that a good portion of you are using some sort of topical liniment, gel, or cream to assist with swelling, bruising, etc. of normal fight training.

How about trying something superior? Battle Balm™ is our signature product. It's a herbal balm steeped in ancient Chinese medicine and consists of 20 organic and natural plant ingredients.

The difference between us and the rest of the topical analgesics out there? Plenty.

Here's a few:
    No parabens.
    No paraffins.
    No artificial fillers.
    No alcohols or other skin drying/hydration altering substances.
    No animal testing. (Unless you consider yourself one!)
    We are anti-fungal.
    We are anti-bacterial.
    We are anti-microbial.

We use only organic and natural ingredients. Every batch of Battle Balm™ takes more than 30 days to 'soak' for additional potency.

If you want to compare us to some of the other guys, here are some of our key ingredients:

Menthol - 8%
    Camphor - 5%
    Cajeput - 5%
    Wintergreen (Methyl Salicyate) 5%

Then there are the 16 other pain relieving, skin and wound healing herbs. Battle Balm™ is formulated to be used on mild to moderate aches, abrasions, body pains, tendon sprains, muscle strains, bruises, contusions, swelling, and closed fractures. The anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-microbial properties of Battle Balm™ are built-in to help you avoid minor infections from gym germs like athlete’s foot and more. Battle Balm™ is not intended for use on open wounds.

We wish to earn your business and show you that our Battle Balm™ is the best. We offer a 100% money back, no questions asked, risk-free guarantee.

Care to put us to the test? We're ready to do battle...Prices below.

Round 2 oz. tin (middle pic) - $19.95 + S&H
    Rectangular slide SAMPLE SIZE 0.25 oz. tin (bottom pic) - $2.49 + Free Shipping

PM me or visit us online.
    Attached Images      

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 5:54am

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where are you based?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 9:22am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How far does 2oz go? I use a **** load of "cool n heat" (generic icey hot). It is 16% menthol. And works pretty good, but I could be talked into switching up. But 20 bucks is pretty steep for 2oz, depending on how far it goes. I'm guessing you stick your fingers in there, rub them around and then apply?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 11:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Where are you based?
    We are based in San Diego, California.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 12:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    How far does 2oz go? I use a **** load of "cool n heat" (generic icey hot). It is 16% menthol. And works pretty good, but I could be talked into switching up. But 20 bucks is pretty steep for 2oz, depending on how far it goes. I'm guessing you stick your fingers in there, rub them around and then apply?
    2oz goes a long way. Of course, it depends on how much you wish to slather on. If you compare us to the other guys, you'll see that it's actually cheaper than 2oz worth of a lot of other brands. Plus, we are all plant derived ingredients. No chemicals, additives, or fillers.

Since Battle Balm is a balm, you don't have to apply too much. I've been using the same 2oz container on myself now for about 3 months now and I've still got plenty left.

So, the "cool n heat" that you use contains 16% menthol. Our product contains 8% menthol. You may not feel the same amount of sensation in Battle Balm as you do in your "cool n heat". Our Battle Balm contains other herbs that assist in healing and bruise reduction, etc. So, we're not exactly comparing apples to apples. If menthol is the only thing that works for you, then the "cool n heat" may be the right solution for your body. We offer a more balanced herbal analgesic based on traditional Chinese dit da jow medicine of the past. (I hope that helps a bit.)

Yes, you rub your fingers into the balm to soften it up and then apply a little at a time to your skin. You can use a heat pad or a cold pack as well, if you wish.

Our website has more about who we are and what we do! Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll be happy to answer them!

If you've got specific problems that you are working on, let us know. I am the owner of BB and I see a lot of pain patients (both acute and chronic) in my acupuncture clinic. We may be able to guide you to a solution.
    Last edited by battlebalm; 2/19/2013 12:03pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always order a sample size (0.25oz) and see if it helps. That way, you're only out $2.49, rather than $19.95. We sell the sample size for specifically that purpose.

Remember, a product with more burn is not always more better! Good luck and let us know if you have more questions!

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 12:53pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -how does Battle Balm compare to dit da jow?

-could I buy some locally in San Diego?

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 12:54pm

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Would you recomend using it for iron palm stuff as well, or stuff like it? I will go ahead and order some. I like using the cool n heat but only because I haven't found anything that is exactly what I'm looking for. I do a lot of stick fighting and my hands are sore a little the next day, as well as general muscle soreness.

We do some body hardening stuff on our forearms, and I use it on there as well, just speed up the healing process.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 12:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    -how does Battle Balm compare to dit da jow?

-could I buy some locally in San Diego?
    Permalost, we don't have a storefront at the moment. We're working with 858 Fight Shop to have them carry our Battle Balm, but we are in the initial stages of communication. We're also beginning to get some of the local training gyms to carry the product as well. If you wish to wait, we foresee you being able to pick up Battle Balm at a local shop. It may be anywhere from weeks to months in getting contracts signed etc. If you want to try our product sooner rather than later, you can still visit our website and place an order.

As to your question, Battle Balm contains many of the dit da jow herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine. We combine the traditional way of extracting the highest quality herbal constituents with modern techniques with the goal of bringing you a more powerful plant-based formulation.

So, yes Battle Balm is similar to a dit da jow in that similar ingredients are used. A key difference, though, is that many dit da jow formulas use alcohol as the extraction technique and the carrier for topical application.

Alcohol does a couple of things. 1) It has a cooling effect due to the evaporation of the alcohol on the skin. 2) It has a drying effect as it combines with moisture from the skin and removes water when it evaporates as well.

These two things are great and they have their applications. The carriers that we use in Battle Balm are jojoba oil and beeswax. These two ingredients are warmer (in traditional Chinese medicine speak) in nature than alcohol. Also, the jojoba and beeswax provide excellent moisture control and let your skin breathe at the same time, one of the most important things required for any topical liniment, gel, balm, etc..

I hope that answers your question.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/20/2013 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Would you recomend using it for iron palm stuff as well, or stuff like it? I will go ahead and order some. I like using the cool n heat but only because I haven't found anything that is exactly what I'm looking for. I do a lot of stick fighting and my hands are sore a little the next day, as well as general muscle soreness.

We do some body hardening stuff on our forearms, and I use it on there as well, just speed up the healing process.
    Diesel, we do recommend Battle Balm for iron palm training. Our formula contains traditional Chinese herbs used in bone healing dit da jows. Also, our combination of herbs improve circulation, open up the channels and strengthens the sinews. These are important aspects of iron palm. Battle Balm is also a slightly warming formula, which are good for preparing the joints for heavy work.

Of course, there are many different ideas about what constitutes a good iron palm formula. Ask a bunch of different herbalists and you're bound to find just as many answers. We believe that Battle Balm is an excellent adjunct to iron palm training.

Will Battle Balm work for your iron palm training? Maybe. Maybe not. There are many outside factors. Here's one. The climate of your training location can play a huge part in the type of formulation you need. Suppose you train in Siberia because you want to be like Rocky Balboa in Rocky IV. You never wear gloves in the winter time and you shovel snow with your fingers. Then Battle Balm could help you with your iron palm training, but it may not be enough. You'll probably also need a "hotter" formula to offset the continuous cold you put your fingers through when you are not iron palm training. Does that make sense?

Of course, that's an extreme example. But, it's true that the way you treat your hands outside of the gym will also affect your training inside the gym. In most cases, Battle Balm is great for iron palm training and will help you through the bumps, bruises, strains, sprains, and even hairline fractures. It will also keep your hands and skin in great shape from the scuffs and scratches you get along the way.

For all iron palm training, we suggest some daily qi gong exercises for stretching the tendons to help move the qi and blood. That's just how we roll.

BTW, I sent you an extra sample. You can give one to a friend or just keep it for yourself. Enjoy!
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast