221247 Bullies, 4302 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 5:17pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    I wear one of these:

I tie it kinda tight, because a cup is no good if one of your balls is only halfway in and gets crushed by the edge. It was uncomfortable at first, sure, but after it saves you from a few knees, you'll fall in love with it.
    Cinching that strap up nice and tight in your ass crack must require much more than just a passing interest in ball safety. It looks like something I'd make my wife wear on leather and chain night.

Or like something McClaw would wear to church.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 5:27pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a nice shock doctor that I never wear. I find it to be uncomfortable. That being said I have been nicked in the nuts enough times to understand why people wear them. You can tell when your rolling with someone who is wearing a cup you don't need to announce anything.
    I do notice though I am a lot more protective of my nuts than a guy that wheres a cup while rolling so their maybe some inherit benefit if you ever do have to take it to the street where you won't be wearing a cup.
    All and all its really up to you but yeah you don't have to worry about anyone thinking you have a stiffy.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 6:31pm

forum leader
     Style: BJJ/ MMA/ MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't use a cup in rolling. I've always managed to protect the goolies. Touch wood. Pun intended.

Wasn't aware of the cup in comp rule, will have to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Ups to Battlefields for dropping the sage wisdom.

You are like a Pimp Yoda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquil Suit View Post
    Battlefields... You're more of a man than I am.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 6:38pm

supporting member

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously bro. Wear a fucking cup. It keeps your balls from getting crushed. Why is this even a question. Don't announce you have on a cup because you'll become the "I haz even more kup" guy and everyone will laugh at you every time you leave the room.

Get one you wear with compression shorts unless you happen to enjoy a nice stiff g-string like Arskanator. Plus, the compression shorts will freak out the dudes in the locker room much, much, much less.

On hiatus

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 6:42pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't be cheap, buy a metal one.

I'll tell a horrifying story (recently happened) involving a plastic cup... tomorrow.

(tab) Forum > Forum Actions > General Settings > in Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Administrator

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 10:14pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!

I'm Svelte!

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 8:51am

supporting member
     Style: mma

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Racist
    Considered in the abstract the boxing ring is an altar of sorts, one of those legendary spaces where the laws of a nation are suspended: inside the ropes, during an officially regulated three-minute round, a man may be killed by his opponent's hands but he cannot be legally murdered. Boxing inhabits a sacred space predating civilization; or, to use D.H. Lawrence's phrase, before God was love. If it suggests a savage ceremony or a rite of atonement it also suggests the futility of such gestures. For what possible atonement is the fight waged if it must shortly be waged again... and again? The boxing match is the very image, the more terrifying for being so stylized, of mankind's collective aggression; its ongoing historical madness.
    Joyce Carol Oates, On Boxing

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 8:54am

Style: Boxing,Kickboxing K1

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    In Kempo most schools cup and mouth guard are mandatory. I once ripped a cup up with a kick on a fellow and reduced him to a mewling mess on the mat. So I don't think the little jock strap type are worth much.

I usually wear a smaller type, but one night (in Kosho Shorie Ryu Kempo: read the 22 pages of my dull log to get all the details of the last 11 years of pfl history) I happened to be wearing this big thing that I'd been given; it went from between the legs to several inches wide at the thick waist strap - I was told it was a boxer's "cup," though it is 3x the size of a cup. We were doing self defense and Sonya or Tanya or some such variation was an ex-cheerleader @ last 30's, petite blond with plenty well done plastic surgery and fitness freak was my uke. The little cutie had already one night made Shihan's big heavy wife cry with a rear naked - I was aware of her "fighting spirit."

I did the attack and she opened me up and landed a full power front kick, smacking really hard into my crotch with the shin of her shapely little leg. And she had good form. Even with the big cup I was blown away and told her that this was practice and she wasn't supposed to try to crush my maleness, for God's sake, and thanked said God I happened to be wearing Godzilla the cup.
    So a Boxer's cup is 3 times the size of a regular cup.....
    Joking aside, my cup is this big rubber thing that also protects your lower abdomen. You can't grapple with that, it is even annoying to kick with it. And still it hurts balls when you get kicked there.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 9:16am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't wear one during judo, but I do wear one when doing TKD. Too many errant roundhouse kicks have dropped many of person sparring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

My dog is cuter and smarter than yours.

Posted On:
    2/19/2013 4:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kodokan Judo

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You guys that wear cups when grappling are...paranoid? Seriously, 30+ years of Judo, no cup, ever, and I fathered two children. And I've been kicked/kneed/grabbed etc. in the nuts more times than I can count. And that was 99% nage waza training/randori/shiai getting popped, not ne waza. It's all still functional too.

and using a cup for leverage for juji gatame is just plain rude.

Ben
    Falling for Judo since 1980
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast