Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. #11
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,911
    5
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another tip: Challenge a specific person criticizing your teacher to a fight, but don't set a time or try to work out any details. Just give the address of your gym and insist your antagonist must come and fight you or else he's a *****, regardless of how far away he lives.

    If you do end up meeting somehow, talk as much as possible about your art and try to show him techniques instead of fighting. Lecture him for an hour about the superiority of your style over his. If the fight still ends up happening, do your best not to burst into tears while getting hit and if possible try to stalemate long enough for you to ask him for a "draw." Irrespective of the outcome, act as smugly as you can online following the fight and try to claim it as a win somehow.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    91
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Coming from the guy doing Aikido and Kendo? This is amusing.
    Yup, that's the point. Sorry, tried to be all mysterious and obtuse to show how all aikido(r)ka are so intellectually superior, but it backfired. Who would have figured?

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    91
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    I'm about 93% sure that your teacher is a *****.
    So that makes them 7% awesome? I can live with those odds.
    Here's where I go off on a rant on how they are so awesome they totally know what I am going to do when they tell me to do it beforehand. Only thing is, by my rules I can't because I don't know ****.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    196
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by traversnz View Post
    So that makes them 7% awesome? I can live with those odds.
    Here's where I go off on a rant on how they are so awesome they totally know what I am going to do when they tell me to do it beforehand. Only thing is, by my rules I can't because I don't know ****.
    I hope you're better at crappy martial arts than you are at the whole odds thing... Anyway, find a Judo club. At least then you wont have to worry about defending your "teacher."

  5. #15
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,911
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    At least then you wont have to worry about defending your "teacher."
    He's not defending his teacher. He's talking about guys who jump into MABS threads and try to defend instructors being investigated, but who offer nothing of substance to the discussion and just end up flinging around a bunch of unverified anecdotes.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    196
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    He's not defending his teacher. He's talking about guys who jump into MABS threads and try to defend instructors being investigated, but who offer nothing of substance to the discussion and just end up flinging around a bunch of unverified anecdotes.
    Oh it's coming...

  7. #17
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,271
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TexJohn View Post
    Oh it's coming...
    No, it's not. Sorry, bro. He's referring to the Wing Tchundo thread of which he has made an appearance.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    91
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    No, it's not. Sorry, bro. He's referring to the Wing Tchundo thread of which he has made an appearance.
    Thanks mate. Yeah, that's one of them:

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119882

    There are plenty more out there. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.

  9. #19
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    4,911
    1
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Another tip: Criticize your opponents for being "disrecpectful" while simultaneously hurling an endless barrage of ad hominem attacks at them. Us the phrase "I can't believe you people call yourselves martial artists!" a lot.

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    196
    3
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's going to do it goddamnit! I know what I'm talking about and I'm not backing down.

    Stay tuned for my new upcoming thread called "Win by Failing at all Costs." It'll be a stickie soon.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO