Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last

Thread: Wing Tchundo?

Style
    TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai, ZDK
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Wing Tchundo?

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, and investigator, but first time poster. I came across this guy recently,
    he calls himself Sifu Fernandez aka Fighterman. He claims to be teaching wing chun. What i found odd was the mixture of japanese and chinese in his name, as well as japanese weapons hanging on the wall of his supposedly chinese school? He has listed all chinese teachers in his lineage, but says nothing of years trained or rank achieved.

My question, has anyone else heard of this guy and is he a serious trainer?

I emailed him with my concerns and all I got was abuse and him threatening to have some gangsters of his come around and beat me up. He then proceded to ask for my address. Doesnt really seem legit.

Anyone got any experiences along the same lines or that this guy is a legit trainer?

His website is this:-

www . wingtchundo . com

(minus the spaces obviously)
    Let me know what you think,

SprawlnBrawl

Style
    TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai, ZDK
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would also like to post all email correspondence, as he was rather rude and nasty at someone asking his credentials, to ascertain whether or not he was qualified.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sprawlnbrawl View Post
    What i found odd was the mixture of japanese and chinese in his name, as well as japanese weapons hanging on the wall of his supposedly chinese school?
    Can you elaborate on how and why the name thing is hinking you up? Is he making any remarkable claims (fight records or training champions, etc.)?
    As for the weapons, you probably wouldn't like some of the places I train, hanging weapons on the wall is sometimes just for ambiance.
    I would also like to post all email correspondence, as he was rather rude and nasty at someone asking his credentials, to ascertain whether or not he was qualified.
    You should post all e-mails from both your and his side of the conversation, just to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    You can not intellectualize your way to being a competent fighter.

Style
    Judo, Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys,

Long time lurker, and investigator, but first time poster. I came across this guy recently,
    he calls himself Sifu Fernandez aka Fighterman. He claims to be teaching wing chun. What i found odd was the mixture of japanese and chinese in his name, as well as japanese weapons hanging on the wall of his supposedly chinese school? He has listed all chinese teachers in his lineage, but says nothing of years trained or rank achieved.

My question, has anyone else heard of this guy and is he a serious trainer?

I emailed him with my concerns and all I got was abuse and him threatening to have some gangsters of his come around and beat me up. He then proceded to ask for my address. Doesnt really seem legit.

Anyone got any experiences along the same lines or that this guy is a legit trainer?

His website is this:-

www . wingtchundo . com

(minus the spaces obviously)
    Let me know what you think,

SprawlnBrawl
    Hey SprawlnBrawl, think I know you - look at my username. I'll drop you a PM.

Style
    TKD, BJJ, Muay Thai, ZDK
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A training buddy was having a talk to me and brought this guy up. Due to him tracking down my phone number and threatening legal action, i might take this post down.

Style
    nothing
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The person in question seems to be legit and has photos of himself with some rather very well known Wing Chun teachers.

Why he calls his school Wing Tsun Dao(The Chinese means Wing Chun Sword/Knife) as seen on the top of his website, I have no idea. That is a little strange. The site and his presentation is not.

I think the OP is someone trying to badmouth a known teacher.

I would invite said teacher to come here and answer any questions.

Style
    Cardio
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The part about the Wing Tsun Dao I got from reading his article is that this is his variation on a theme as opposed to, for want of a better saying, pure Chun. It looks like he has cross trained in a few other arts and incorporated them into his existing knowledge base la JKD.

Does amending a system make a teacher illegitimate? No.
    Train hard, fight easy.

Style
    xingyi
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That isn't what the OP was asking. There is nothing wrong with asking about a teacher's lineage. There is nothing wrong with his OP or his comment on the rudeness of the emails.

It is weird to see JMA weapons in a CMA school. Yes, there can be a perfectly legit reason, but there is nothing wrong with asking a question.

I'd prefer to see the emails before trying to see who is in the wrong.

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cake of Doom View Post
    The part about the Wing Tsun Dao I got from reading his article is that this is his variation on a theme as opposed to, for want of a better saying, pure Chun. It looks like he has cross trained in a few other arts and incorporated them into his existing knowledge base la JKD.
    Did it mention whether he meant "dao" as in "the Way" or "dao" as in "the sabre" - he's got the character for the latter on the banner of his site.

Style
    Cardio
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chili Pepper View Post
    Did it mention whether he meant "dao" as in "the Way" or "dao" as in "the sabre" - he's got the character for the latter on the banner of his site.
    I didn't notice any translation of the name in the articles and I can't speak or read any form of Chinese. plus,with the font type and background colour, it's not the easiest thing to look at so here is the Link.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last