--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pharmolympics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ClickHandler.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	14551

As the whole Lance Armstrong debacle has illustrated performance enhancing substances seem pretty embedded in many modern sports

Despite all the risks to thier health, reputation and liberty sports men and women are perpared to seek that chemical edge

Here's a way to stamp out drug cheats once and for all

Legalise the lot. Take what you like

Atheletes are encouraged to take advantage of every advance in science. New training methods, advances in diet, new technology, modern materials. Why not drugs?

As it stands many atheletes take banned substances, but have to deal with criminals, and have to suffer the problems quality and supply

Why do we draw the line at taking drugs to enhance the bodies limits, yet how fast could Bolt realy run without a good pair of spikes on his feet?

Perhaps a two tier system for those that want to stay clean, and thoses that will do anything to win?

Would you guys take performance enhancers if they were safe and legal?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 11:48am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by doofaloofa View Post

Would you guys take performance enhancers if they were safe and legal?
    This is a rethorical question,right?
    People blow so much money on "supplements" that have mild to dubious returns to their phisical regimen as it is...they´d jump at something that produced concrete results given the +drawbacks+ were gone.

The current research into metabolic altering enzimes (PEPCK-C) might just turn into this.
    http://ko.cwru.edu/publications/Hanson.pdf

So lets see: Inability to gain fat regardless of how much you eat default level of fitness as body converts what you eat into lean muscle mass anyway, obscene phisical stamina ,longevity and libido. Bet your ass i want some of that.

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 12:42pm

Style: being less stupid

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Re: Pharmolympics

I say **** yeah to roids! Now, I'm not saying there shouldn't/couldn't be events that test for them, but why not? I view steroids no different than any other drug.

Personally, they scare the **** out of me. I may or may not know some juicers, and I may or may not have seen some go down the very same path as prescription opioid abusers. The next logical step will be to hold gauntlets where two men fight on a revolving log over a pit of scorpions for a sip of Vitamin Water and a protein shake.
    Start a training log!

Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    i really think that those who can't get their head around the bowing thing (because their angry sky daddy will punish them) don't deserve judo. life is full of choices, and if your bronze age superstitions are holding you back, so be it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 6:44pm

Style: Injured

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I don't like about roids is that it destroys the notion of hard work and diligence being enough to get you to the top.

Maybe I'm naive though.

insight combined with intel, fuse, and dynamite

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: (Hung Ga+BJJ+MT+JKD) ^ Qi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    What I don't like about roids is that it destroys the notion of hard work
    Roids destroy heart tissue too, something EVERY martial artist wants, right?...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19755459

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 8:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister View Post
    What I don't like about roids is that it destroys the notion of hard work and diligence being enough to get you to the top.

Maybe I'm naive though.
    thats because its bullshit that gets fed to kids. i cringe every time i hear joe rogan say "hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard"

because honestly, at the top level everyone is talented and everyone works fucking hard. it really doesnt matter how hard i train, im NEVER going to be at GSP's level. ever. and that goes for 99.999% of the rest of the world. and its the same for everything, the people at the top are ultra talented and work hard as hell and that combination will always beat the guy who just works really hard but isnt so talented.

this is one of the reasons pro sport is such a sinister thing in my mind. ive seen people get chewed up and spit out over and over. guys who are mid 20s and their bodies are fucked from playing rugby, but they werent quite good enough to get into a development squad and now what do they have? nothing at all. zip. no education, fucked knees, no prospects. they had amazing skill but there were a few guys who had more. i cant imagine how much that would **** their mind up when theyve spent their entire lives dreaming of being an all black.

i lucked out- i always knew that while i had a modicum of talent, i didnt have enough, or the desire to make it big. my role model was never the latest great athlete, it was always my dad growing up, and he was just spectacular at being a dad. and thats my main goal in life, be a kickass dad and a good family man- money, fame, all that bullshit which seems to take over so many lives is totally inconsequential to me

well **** that turned into a rant pretty quick

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    2/17/2013 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    double post

is badder than you

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 2:20am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If I had too much money, I'd put on athletic events where all the competitors had to fail a drug test to be allowed in. And none of this diuretic/painkiller/banned stimulant stuff. Some of the hard ****. The most frustrating part of doping in sport for me is that the body of training knowledge is now a mix of "how to train" and "how to train while doping", and none of it is labeled, so we know less overall than we did before.

Also, anyone who thinks steroids cause brain cancer can safely be ignored; they don't know anything about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 1:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I still think anabolic steroids and the like are on the way out as form of performance enhancement. Once genetic engineering research gives us viable results for human subjects ( when,not if).

As ive stated,id fully take advantage of anything with high improvement yelds with little not no drawbacks,but i dont intent to compete in anything either. The advantages to this sort of procedure go beyond the ring\cage\ mat and into everyday life,but so do the implications.

This may be veering a bit off-topic but what about other forms of enhancement that arent drugs. Prosthetics are getting more and more sophisticated,and the whole Oscar Pistorius had a few people also discussing at what point is artificial limbs \ enhancement crossing the line between enabling impaired people to compete at a level of average athletes or giving them too much of an advantage?

If technology progresses to that level in your lifetime,with aceptable downsides and you could afford it,would you consider "upgrading"?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/18/2013 1:30pm

Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes. If steroids were safe and legal we would all take steroids.

And I also think we shouldn't care so much about steroids, let people do whatever the **** they want, they already are.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast